Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2008, 16:04   #1
BHPian

central locking remote not working

i have a 2k1 ikon with autocop cobra central locking. so the spare remote wasn't working for sometime. yesterday, i dropped the key from the balcony by mistake. the whole remote control unit opened up.

when i put it together and tried opening the car, nothing was happening though the LED was glowing. basically the car wouldn't start after that.

in the night after i got back from work i had a look at the opened remote. i noticed what looked like a tuning screw on the board. so with my knowledge of electronics intact, i decided to go near the car, keep the button pressed and tried to adjust the screw. still nothing.

then i found some stuff on the internet. supposedly if you put the key into the ignition in position #2, then press any of the remote buttons for long enough, the door will unlock and lock again. supposedly this will resync the remote with the unit in the car. didn't work.

this morning i went to a local dealer, took the guy to my house on the bike. he claims the remote is fine but the main unit is not working but says he doesn't know how to fix it.

so now i've called autocop who will send a technician tomorrow. till then does anyone have any suggestions??

Last edited by silver_shadow : 19th November 2008 at 16:07.
Old 19th November 2008, 23:13   #2
BANNED

Sure the batteries have charge?
Old 20th November 2008, 16:29   #3
BHPian

the remote control batteries? the LED is glowing so i'm guessing yes.
Old 20th November 2008, 22:07   #4
BHPian

update:
phew! it turns out that pressing the button hard once got the remote to work normally again!!!! would you believe that?
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:12   #5
BHPian

lol, yes. These things happen.
Old 23rd November 2008, 15:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_shadow View Post
update:
phew! it turns out that pressing the button hard once got the remote to work normally again!!!! would you believe that?
Sounds like a microsoft product!!!
Old 23rd November 2008, 18:32   #7
BHPian

Best thing for you to do would be to take Autocops service package; works out to about 700 bucks a year. They will replace the main unit + give you two free remotes. My Vtecs 5 year old autocop went bust; I paid them 2100 bucks for a three year coverage. Outstanding service quality too.
Old 23rd November 2008, 21:22   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Best thing for you to do would be to take Autocops service package; works out to about 700 bucks a year. They will replace the main unit + give you two free remotes. My Vtecs 5 year old autocop went bust; I paid them 2100 bucks for a three year coverage. Outstanding service quality too.

cool. can i call them directly for this (instead of through a dealer)? i will definitely do it pretty soon.
Old 24th November 2008, 11:23   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
cool. can i call them directly for this (instead of through a dealer)? i will definitely do it pretty soon.
You should call directly only (Number : 2822.0000). Chances are, your autocop is already registered in their database. Your dealer ought to have done this at the time of install.
Old 24th November 2008, 11:31   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Will Autocops replace main unit if you register for Autocops service package. Is my understanding right along with 2 free remotes all in 700 bucks
Old 2nd November 2011, 15:54   #11
BHPian

Setting up remote for central locking unit

I have the central locking unit in my Verna, but remote is missing.

Is it possible to set up (program) the OEM Hyundai Autocop Central locking 'remote' to my existing central locking unit? What are the steps/procedure?

OR do I need to buy a NEW central locking unit?

Pls advise.
Old 3rd November 2011, 05:36   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: Setting up remote for central locking unit

Just call the Autocop guys (usually through contacts in Hyundai Service Center) and they would come and fix it. Have you lost both the keys or just one.

I broke one of my keys and was using the other backup key for sometime. So called up these guys they came and gave me a new one after some tuning. I see you are also in Bangalore, so i have the Nippon guys number i guess similar one would be available for Autocop.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 3rd November 2011 at 05:38.
Old 3rd November 2011, 07:07   #13
BHPian

Re: Setting up remote for central locking unit

It is possible that Autocop has a remote locking system tailor made for the new Verna. If that is the case, the remote can be integrated into the existing central locking system. Call the accessory section of your dealer and find out if they have a remote locking system for the Verna. If they have one, it is only a 30 mins procedure and your central locking system will remain intact. It will only be routed through the Autocop remote locking system. This will, in all probability, be only a remote locking system and not a theft warning system. So if you have a burglar alarm in mind, clarify before you fix it.

Most Viewed