Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2008, 23:47   #1
BHPian

Sequential injection LPG kit

Hi ! I would like to invite suggestions regarding sequential injection lpg kits for fitment in my 2005 model Optra 1.6 done 40k kms. I would like to know the following :-
1. The cost of complete kit as well as partial kit since I already have a lo - gas mixer kit with lambda fitted, and some components from it like the lpg gas tank etc. can be reused.
2. the modifications necessary on the engine like intake manifolds etc. and whether this kit can be taken out and fixed to some other car if needed or is this specific to a particular model of a car
3. The best brands available and the contact details of any good fitters or persons in and around delhi /ncr who can reliably undertake this retrofitting and who are experienced and knowledgeable enough for such type of kit.
4. any other modification necessary to get the best out of the engine and car keeping in view the lpg fitment.
Thanks
Old 20th November 2008, 00:47   #2
BHPian

Having owned & suffering from an LPG powered vehicle I am virtually DAYS away from exchanging the vehicle with a diesel from maruti's stable.

Here's why i am frustrated with an LPG/CNG vehicle.

1) At HP pumps i fill & get an average of only 9 kms per litre of LPG.
2) At IOC pumps I fill and get an average of 11 kms per litre of LPG.

Never do i fill more than 18 litres, if i fill more than 18 litres at ANY pump my average drops to 7 kms per litre. Why ? The pressure of LPG cannot be controlled by the OEM regulator within the engine. Then it over feeds the LPG vapour into the venturi/Throttle body via the air filter.

CNG - wont give you beyond 200 kms of range.

SFI - AN OEM unit from HM does not give more than 6 on the original Lancer (LPG SFI) how do you expect to get more than 6 from an Astra?

Think hard, its better to go diesel. these are my hard earned and saved 2 cents.

CHeers
M M
Old 20th November 2008, 10:13   #3
BHPian

Well the car is giving around 8kmpl on LPG city average with AC which compares very well with 8.5 kmpl on petrol under similiar conditions I would be happy if the LPG SFI is able to maintain that average .
Old 6th April 2010, 16:03   #4
BHPian

I have a Zen Carb 1998 and want to go for LPG kit. Pls advice if sequential injection LPG kit is good for carb engines too. If yes, please advice me the estimated cost + pros and cons.
Old 6th April 2010, 17:19   #5
BANNED

To a great extent, I agree with what mmmjgm has said. LPG kits, and I have driven Maruti Omni and Daewoo Cielo equipped with them pretty extensively, are good for small displacement vehicles with minimal engine electronics and gadgetry. The Omni, owing to the above features has always been successful on LPG but the Cielo would pant, sneer, and grumble on slopes and while accelerating not to mention other faults like engine overheating etc. Any number of settings on the diffuser would not help and finally the kit was removed.
Also, I have a friend whose Wagon R gives him around 11kpg in LPG in Bangalore traffic without the ac.
Not a really notable figure since the petrol variants give around 13kpl pretty easily.
I m not aware about the Sequential Kits though.
Just my 25 naya paisa of experience.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:40   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask77 View Post
Hi ! I would like to invite suggestions regarding sequential injection lpg kits for fitment in my 2005 model Optra 1.6 done 40k kms. I would like to know the following :-
1. The cost of complete kit as well as partial kit since I already have a lo - gas mixer kit with lambda fitted, and some components from it like the lpg gas tank etc. can be reused.
2. the modifications necessary on the engine like intake manifolds etc. and whether this kit can be taken out and fixed to some other car if needed or is this specific to a particular model of a car
3. The best brands available and the contact details of any good fitters or persons in and around delhi /ncr who can reliably undertake this retrofitting and who are experienced and knowledgeable enough for such type of kit.
4. any other modification necessary to get the best out of the engine and car keeping in view the lpg fitment.
Thanks
Hello Ask77
Let me try to answer some of your questions,
2nd Question
Retrofitters normally drill holes in the plastic intake manifold and fix the injectors and fuel rail. A rubber hose will be routed from the injector mouth to these drilled holes. Reducer/Vapouriser is fixed to the car chassis. An LPG ECU is connected as slave to the master Gasoline ECU.The LPG ECU calculates injection timings in LPG mode. A toroidal or cylindrical lpg tank will be fixed at the rear with a control valve(multivalve).
LPG kits are interchangeble but limited by Engine CC to some extent

3rd Question
Almost all the best lpg kit suppliers are based in Italy.
1) BRC
2) Eurocar
3)Landirenzo
4)Lovatto
I personally prefer the first and 2nd one
I can give you some contacts in Blore(Pandyan - 9448133918). He can guide you some contact in delhi

Last edited by GTO : 1st March 2011 at 11:10. Reason: Removing naked FONT tags
Old 22nd May 2010, 22:13   #7
BHPian

Opel loo to Closed loop

I have converted my alto vxi 1.1 lpg kit from open loop to closed loop today.
Fitted single input lambda control system with stepper motor.
It was done my Mr.Pandian , a very knowledgeable guy knows in an out on the technology and their working .
I didn't feel any loss in power , though yet o try out above 80km/hr.
Old 20th September 2010, 12:04   #8
BHPian

sequential injection lpg lit

Hey, Did you manage to get the sequential injection lpg kit fitted ? If yes could you please let me know as who helped you with it ? I am planing to get one fitted for my Baleno. I found a used Omni kit for sale, I want to make sure its a sequential injection kit. I am not able to find the specifications any where .

Please let me know if you can help.

Cheers!
Binu
Old 5th October 2010, 22:08   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binu balan View Post
Hey, Did you manage to get the sequential injection lpg kit fitted ? If yes could you please let me know as who helped you with it ? I am planing to get one fitted for my Baleno. I found a used Omni kit for sale, I want to make sure its a sequential injection kit. I am not able to find the specifications any where .

Please let me know if you can help.

Cheers!
Binu
hey .. sorry for the delayed response, i doubt if Omni would have a sequential kit. What is the cost you will be getting it for ?

when buying a sequential kit, you should look for the following components:
  • ECU (sequent MY07 or sequent24 if BRC)
  • Injector Rail with 4 injectors
  • LPG Filter (it has K&N stuff inside)
  • compatible multi-valve & switch
i hope it helps
kri$hna is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks