Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 14:34   #31
BHPian

Just repeating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Any of these magnetic guys in Bangalore ?
..???
RP_812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2009, 14:41   #32
BANNED

Suction People or DIY kits at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Any of these magnetic guys in Bangalore ?
Repeating question again, any contact numbers/addresses of such people in Bangalore OR any DIY tools with any TBHPians at Bangalore willing to lend?
Old 30th January 2010, 14:30   #33

Magnetic Dent Repair Service in Mumbai

Hi all. I've been a silent observer all this while on team BHP and this is my first post.

Two weeks back a friend banged my Fiesta into an electric pole while reversing. Though the impact was not major, it left a small dent on the boot with the paint intact. But a dent, however small, as many in this forum would agree is an eyesore.

I am looking for magnetic dent repair services in Mumbai who I think should be able to do the job. I did check with Niranjan that GTO had mentioned in one of his posts but he says that he does not have the magnetic / vacuum equipment and his job would involve repainting. I also spoke to Sudeep Gaekwad from Pune ( Indicated by "Comfortably Numb" in one of his earlier posts ) but he is not coming over to Mumbai for the next few weeks.

Given that someone in Pune does this job, I am sure there should be some places in Mumbai too which can do the job, but I am yet to locate one. Any leads on places which can do a paintless dent repair job welcome .... Would not want to be seen driving a dented car ... please help folks !!!

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th January 2010 at 16:33. Reason: Please use Search before opening new thread, Thanks
Car-e-cature is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2010, 20:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

I guess MyTVS on Bannerghata Road and Auto Vega (Mobile Service centre) does paintless dent repair in Bangalore. I had a small dent on the bonnet of my Verna caused by a falling coconut (thankfully a small one). No paint had gone and I'm looking at any possibility of getting it corrected without repainting. I called both of them and they both said they could do it. Do anyone have an experience as I don't want to end up with additional dents trying to correct the one I have. As far as I know they use a tool to pull up the dent by supporting on either side. I'm worried whether the supports will create additional dents especially in a large area like the bonnet top which could be weak due to the expanse.
Also, anyone aware of any place in the vicinity of Indira Nagar doing such work?
Old 9th February 2010, 10:50   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Also, anyone aware of any place in the vicinity of Indira Nagar doing such work?
I have used the Auto Vega mobile service center to try and repair a small dent on the door. I d say, I was neither very impressed nor dissatisfied. They are new to the job and didnt know how to do it to perfection though they did a good job in trying their best. The dent is still visible but has reduced to a great extent. I d suggest you try out MyTVS and see what happens.
Auto Vega is good if you can compromise a bit on the finishing.

The MyTVS site doesnt have their Blore address, can you please send me their contact number as I want to try out PDR there as well to remove the remaining part of the dent.

Last edited by n.devdath : 9th February 2010 at 10:52.
Old 9th February 2010, 10:53   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

where is MY TVS?
and can you let us know how to contact Auto Vega?

useful information - given our Bangalore chaos and alarming incidence of Dents!

Quote:
I guess MyTVS on Bannerghata Road and Auto Vega (Mobile Service centre) does paintless dent repair in Bangalore. I had a small dent on the bonnet of my Verna caused by a falling coconut (thankfully a small one). No paint had gone and I'm looking at any possibility of getting it corrected without repainting. I called both of them and they both said they could do it. Do anyone have an experience as I don't want to end up with additional dents trying to correct the one I have. As far as I know they use a tool to pull up the dent by supporting on either side. I'm worried whether the supports will create additional dents especially in a large area like the bonnet top which could be weak due to the expanse.
Old 9th February 2010, 11:00   #37
BANNED

Going to MyTVS this Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
where is MY TVS?
and can you let us know how to contact Auto Vega?

useful information - given our Bangalore chaos and alarming incidence of Dents!
I was able to locate and I called MyTVS and they said they have PDR. I m going there this Saturday morning. I called them on 080-41154858.
I have posted Auto Vega's contact details on my ownership thread which has their website and phone numbers.
The number I have for AutoVega is:9008762514(Anand).
Old 9th February 2010, 11:11   #38
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

thanks!

thats useful for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I was able to locate and I called MyTVS and they said they have PDR. I m going there this Saturday morning. I called them on 080-41154858.
I have posted Auto Vega's contact details on my ownership thread which has their website and phone numbers.
The number I have for AutoVega is:9008762514(Anand).
Old 10th February 2010, 16:17   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi Folks,

Contact: Sudheer Gaikwad - +91 9552629516. [You can give my colleague's reference (name: Kedar Kulkarni) to this gentleman]. He operates in Pune only.

:
Is this person still in Pune and on same numbers mentioned? I'm not able to get through his number.
Old 13th February 2010, 16:49   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally, I took my Verna today to myTVS and am I happy. Got 4 of my dents repaired and I'm quite satisfied. Its around 90% fine which is more than what I expected. Charged me Rs 750 but I was happy.
Restrictions
No paint must have gone
There should be space on two sides of the dent for the tool to seat
Not very effective for very small dents
Some pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Did you get it done?
Attached Thumbnails
Paintless Dent repair-img00003.jpg  

Paintless Dent repair-img00004.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th February 2010 at 09:19. Reason: merging post
dinu2506 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2010, 12:46   #41
BHPian

Got a dent abt 2 ft wide on my car yesterday. A stupid autorikshaw came in my way and he panicked, toppled and fell onto my car (drivers side). Luckily nothing happened to the people in the auto, but I was left with a dent on the drivers door, below the rear view mirror.
Thanks to this thread, went to MyTVS to get an estimate and they say it will cost 3K to straighten the dent and to repaint the door. The facility seemed pretty good with a paint shop. Concorde was asking for 4.5K for the same job.
Am wondering on whether to claim insurance or to pay it myself. How much NCB is lost if a claim is made? Is it worth going for a claim for a 3K repair.

The other option i have is to just straighten the dent (costs 900), but am worried about a half inch crack in the paint at the dent area. The paintshop says that it might rust and lead to a bigger problem. What do you guys think?
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:48   #42
BHPian

Can anyone help me with a paint shop in chennai where they dont try to rip you off with their tinkering painting nonsense. They never get it to the right colour match, not to forget the texture of the paint, so why risk doing that. Cant they decently do a scratch removal and vacuum dent removal when its possible. Tried a dozen of body shops in chennai already, but its amazing that no single mechanic has a clue or want to try removing minor dent without clamming that they do the best tinkering and paint match on earth charging just 10000 bucks.

Wish i had some minor tools which i have in my mind, i very well can remove every single dent in my car.

I might make a billion if i open an exclusive NO INVASIVE BODY SHOP> Here is a business idea worth trillions. What say..

BTW can anyone suggest a body shop in chennai who will listen to what you want them to do and just shut up and do that, after all its our car and money.

Thanks for the help mates
Old 4th October 2010, 23:22   #43
Team-BHP Support

Sorry for bumping this thread, but it really got my interest. I have one medium dent on my car, and some very minor dents. But everywhere ive gone ive been told ill need to get the full panel repainted to remove the dent. If I have an option of this stuff Id prefer it anyday. GTO people here have posted that the number you gave didnt work? Any idea who would do this is Bombay now? Does anybody else know a place in town?
Old 5th October 2010, 12:17   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Sorry for bumping this thread, but it really got my interest. I have one medium dent on my car, and some very minor dents. But everywhere ive gone ive been told ill need to get the full panel repainted to remove the dent. If I have an option of this stuff Id prefer it anyday. GTO people here have posted that the number you gave didnt work? Any idea who would do this is Bombay now? Does anybody else know a place in town?
I too have a couple of small dents on my Swift's rear fender. I have decided to try luck with pops-a-dent. Ordered from eBay and its on its way. May be I will try out this weekend. Will update with pics if everything works out for my satisfaction.
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:58   #45
BHPian

You may want to try motomall near nandanam in chennai. Never been to those folks, but I saw their ad mentioning about paintless repair

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks