Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2008, 12:52   #1
BHPian

Palio GTX injector blocked

Team!

Need urgent info, my GTX's injectors seems to be blocked I get the check injector light on frequently and the vehicle also looses power. I gave it to Autofin to get the injectors cleaned, they are claiming the injectors have a sensor and it cant be cleaned and I have to get the injectors changed. Also they say the injectors come in a set of 4, I have to change them as a set with the rail and I can't get the blocked injector alone changed. Is this true or are they taking me for a ride? Any other dealers in hyderabad where I can get a second opinion?

Thanks,
Solly
Old 25th November 2008, 16:04   #2
BHPian

the other dealers are Malik Cars (Banjara Hills and Himayatnagar) and Concorde (Khairtabad)
Old 25th November 2008, 16:26   #3
BHPian

I would also advice you to check with Solar Automobiles, Begumpet before you decide to replace them.
Old 26th November 2008, 01:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

How did they cleaned. Do they have injector cleaning/testing machine. I don't know about any sensors but its just have filters and solenoid valves.

I guess you can buy just one. Just find the part number and buy. They are either Denso, Bosch, delphi. these are major OEM supplier of indian manufacturer.
Old 26th November 2008, 13:42   #5
BHPian

Guys thanks for the replies. Autofin don't have an Injector cleaning machine, I asked them not to open the injectors. Navin from T'bhp who had a similar problem in his S10 suggested checking the Lambda sensor. I checked it and it was not working properly.. have ordered the part, costing around 2800 Rs, hopeful will get it in a weeks time. I'm able to use the car in the mean time.. Hoping this will solve the problem...
Old 26th November 2008, 13:44   #6
BHPian

Yes Navin too asked me to check them out.. will do that soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
I would also advice you to check with Solar Automobiles, Begumpet before you decide to replace them.
Old 26th November 2008, 21:41   #7
BHPian

Please do not assume that your injectors are blocked.

The symptoms you describe may have nothing to do with the injectors at all. It might be your ignition coil. I have written about a troubleshooting procedure for the ignition coil before, so do a search.

Injectors can be cleaned. I had the dealer do a Liqui Moly injector clean that was very effective. If your repair shop is advising you to buy a new set of injectors rather than have them cleaned, they are trying to send you to the cleaners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solly View Post
Team!

Need urgent info, my GTX's injectors seems to be blocked I get the check injector light on frequently and the vehicle also looses power. I gave it to Autofin to get the injectors cleaned, they are claiming the injectors have a sensor and it cant be cleaned and I have to get the injectors changed. Also they say the injectors come in a set of 4, I have to change them as a set with the rail and I can't get the blocked injector alone changed. Is this true or are they taking me for a ride? Any other dealers in hyderabad where I can get a second opinion?

Thanks,
Solly
Old 27th November 2008, 12:19   #8
BHPian

Don't know about the S10 put in our 1.2, I got the injector cleaned for I guess Rs.1200/- or something + taxes. This was done from Dynamic motors, Delhi.
Old 27th November 2008, 13:52   #9
BHPian

Ya will check out the ignition coil, Got your procedure for the same..

Any body knows where I can get a Liqui Moly Injector cleaning done in hyderabad??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
Please do not assume that your injectors are blocked.

The symptoms you describe may have nothing to do with the injectors at all. It might be your ignition coil. I have written about a troubleshooting procedure for the ignition coil before, so do a search.

Injectors can be cleaned. I had the dealer do a Liqui Moly injector clean that was very effective. If your repair shop is advising you to buy a new set of injectors rather than have them cleaned, they are trying to send you to the cleaners!
Old 1st December 2008, 15:52   #10
BHPian

Hi how many Lambda sensor does a 2001 Dec GTX have??

Thanks,
Solly
Old 1st December 2008, 16:03   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks,
Solly
solly you better ask the mechs to check the car for errors on the examiner, this sat i had the same issue and when checked on examiner got to know it was due to the ignition coil, i got it cleaned now its fine.

the ignition coil is 2180 in bangalore.
Old 1st December 2008, 18:59   #12
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks,
Solly
My '02 GTX has only 1 lambda sensor and it is mounted on top of the exhaust manifold.

I would also recommend the injector clean prior to replacing the coil. Replace oil, spark plugs after the injector clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
solly you better ask the mechs to check the car for errors on the examiner, this sat i had the same issue and when checked on examiner got to know it was due to the ignition coil, i got it cleaned now its fine.

the ignition coil is 2180 in bangalore.
Keep in mind that when my ignition coil went bad, it was an intermittent issue. For a month, I had sudden but brief power loss with the injector light come on. It may be that one of the connectors on your coil had corrosion, which caused spark delivery problems. But if the coil has an issue, it will continue to give you problems.
Old 1st December 2008, 19:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
Keep in mind that when my ignition coil went bad, it was an intermittent issue. For a month, I had sudden but brief power loss with the injector light come on. It may be that one of the connectors on your coil had corrosion, which caused spark delivery problems. But if the coil has an issue, it will continue to give you problems.

true, i am thinking of getting it replaced soon.
Old 2nd December 2008, 00:57   #14
BHPian

Dear Solly,

I am a S10 owner frm Hyd and facing the very problem mentioned by you recently. I give it to Solar automobiles regularly (they've shifted to kukatpally frm Begumpet) and it was they who finally managed to solve the problem (took an awfully long time though).

My mech did check most of the things already mentioned, right from the ignition coil test to the lambda sensor check....it was after trying n testin a random of things did the issue get actually resolved....though they still feel it was a combo of niggling problems....

Now tht they have enuff experience with my car, wud suggest you to have a word with them....

Do call me for any further assistance (Naveen-99855 37773)
Old 31st July 2009, 19:24   #15
BHPian

Guys

Changed the ignition coil, ignition wires and labda sensor.. it solved the problem.. Thanks for ur suggestions.. Sorry for the later post!!

Solly

Most Viewed