Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2008, 01:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Esteem A/c compressor oil & gas issue (Poona)

Just got my Esteem back from the second round of repairs from a MASS (Millenium Mobility, Dapodi).

The cross-member was damaged apparently due to an impact under the body. Got it changed. Now the problem is that, they told me that changing the cross member involves removing a number of things like radiator, etc, etc... and for all that they had to remove all the A/c gas from the coils! Now the car's A/c has zero cooling... and I need to get the gas back in as fast as possible.

The MASS apparently cannot do the job as they say the car uses an older gas which Maruti no longer allows (R13, I believe). So I have to get it done from somewhere else.

Tried calling a couple of places... one on Karve Road (Pune), and I was told that it would cost me about 1,400... furthermore, they said I should change the oil in the compressor, which would cost an additional Rs. 300 something!!

Can anybody tell me if this sounds right? Do I really need to get the oil changed? Does gas refilling cost Rs. 1,400? Is there any other place in Pune (preferably around Kothrud/Karve Rd/Deccan/etc) that will do a reliable job for cheaper?

Also, before the gas was released, the cooling of the A/c was not at its peak... something like 30% less than what I'v experienced. Will filling in new gas solve this problem, or would there be some other issue that needs to be looked into?

Really need to get this done at the least possible cost as have already spent a packet on the car, & its still got few more issues to sort out... :(

Hoping someone will be able to advice...
Old 29th November 2008, 01:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nobody can help?! :(

Old 27th September 2009, 00:47   #3
BHPian

Hi everyone. I have a similar problem on my Carb type '96 esteem. I am at the edge of replacing the car for the major short comings of A.C. Rather than selling off esteem, i wish to keep it by upgrading the whole AC system which normally never stays in working condition every 5-6months. Anyone out there who has any idea/advice about upgrading/modifying the AC system in Esteem car? Thanks in advance.
Old 27th September 2009, 09:31   #4
BHPian

See this thread for more details:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/59499-correct-gas-ac-r12-banned.html
Old 27th September 2009, 12:28   #5
BHPian

archat68- Thanks for the information provided but it seems the page is being redirected to main forum. Thanks anyway
Old 27th September 2009, 12:59   #6
BHPian

Get in touch with Yogesh from Maruti care point. And inform him that you are Kunal's friend. Yogesh should be available on : 020-25677222

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks