Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2008, 04:16   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
When I had the pedal sensor issue, it would occur randomly and the main indication for me was that my car refused to climb the ramp out of my parking place.
If this issue is on a cold start, isn't it because all the fluids are not upto the optimum temperature? I have often faced issues with my car not willing to climb the ramp until it gets warmed up. Not just with the swift D but with all other cars as well.

What is the pedal sensor issue you are talking about? Does Maruti acknowledge that such a problem exists?
Old 4th December 2008, 11:14   #17
BANNED

Still have to visit the service station, but i noticed that it happened when car was cold means not even touched 5 kms after morning startup, will give another two weeks to test it in all possible conditions as after running for 10+kms in warm weather it dosent seem to be occuring.
Old 5th December 2008, 07:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
If this issue is on a cold start, isn't it because all the fluids are not upto the optimum temperature? I have often faced issues with my car not willing to climb the ramp until it gets warmed up. Not just with the swift D but with all other cars as well.

What is the pedal sensor issue you are talking about? Does Maruti acknowledge that such a problem exists?
Agreed that cold start is not the best time to climb inclines. But I always idle for at least 2 minutes on my morning starts and when your car refuses to climb the same incline it climbs everyday with aplomb, there is a problem, isn't there? I do not remember now, but this issue used to sporadically surface when the car was hot as well. i.e not responding correctly to accelerator pedal inputs.

Anyway, I reported it to the A.S.S and my service advisor said it was solved by disconnecting and reconnecting the pedal sensor. May have been a loose connection or dirt issue.
Old 7th December 2008, 00:45   #19
BHPian

please help guys!!

@ jaggu : i did pump the gas pedal with engine off quite a few times but today i felt the same problem. engine was hot and this time in 3rd gear @1500rpm.
Old 7th December 2008, 17:49   #20
BHPian

guys its happening frequently now
please tell what should i do? i dont want to go to the workshop and buy their sick excuses.
Old 7th December 2008, 17:58   #21
BHPian

Did you replace the airfilter and get the intercooler checked. Is there smoke coming out?
Old 7th December 2008, 18:20   #22
BHPian

@ sameer : there is no smoke. air filter was cleaned last week, car is due for 10k service in a couple of weeks has done 9k.
will get the intercooler checked for sure!!

Most Viewed