Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2008, 18:09   #1
BANNED

Issue with VDI acceleration.

Guys i am facing issue with my year old Swift VDI its nothing but whenever i rev her past 3500 RPM in 4the gear she pulls well but after putting in 5 th gear i feels like car is not getting sufficient fuel supply and she slows down the speed drastically, but after 4-5 seconds again she comes back to life after playing around with accelrator padel(keep on pulling and pushing), what could be the issue?It was there before 3rd service and even after servicing still its present, didnt complained to servicing guys as this part i want to get it done in my presence.
M i doing too much with her or its ok with Diesel motors?
For day to day drive means not pushing her beyond 3000 RPM she is quite ok.
Old 28th November 2008, 23:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Are you getting this only in 5th gear?

Do you really pull and push the accelerator pedal? Is it kind of stuck? or did you just mean pumping the accelerator pedal.

Where will the rpm be once you change the gear. Is going way below 2K mark?

The best thing to do is to ask the dealer/ service centre to give you a test drive and check the same.
Old 29th November 2008, 04:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
M i doing too much with her or its ok with Diesel motors?
For day to day drive means not pushing her beyond 3000 RPM she is quite ok.
it's defnitely not Ok. Get it checked at the A.S.S, though where are they going to drive to check issue at 3000 r.p.m in 5th gear? Thats well over 120k.
Old 29th November 2008, 20:36   #4
BANNED

Yes I mean to say pumping but not like we use to do for older 4 wheelers breaks pumping for stopping them, thanks guys let me check with them, hope someone will be having trade mill kind of stuff to take her on 4k RPM at 4th gear.
And before shifting gear yes in all gears the RPM comes down to as low as 2000-2500 RPM.
Old 30th November 2008, 00:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

acceleration is smooth or you are feeling some jerk (jatka).
Old 30th November 2008, 10:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

Iv had this once or twice... always thought it was due to a chocked filter.
Old 1st December 2008, 10:23   #7
BANNED

Acceleration through the gears are all smooth no issue at all if i am not crossing 3500 RPM in 4th cog.
Old 1st December 2008, 13:10   #8
Team-BHP Support

Check the accelerator sensor and air filter, also for any leaks in turbo plumbing. Take it to A.S.S and get it attended.
Old 1st December 2008, 13:38   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Guys i am facing issue with my year old Swift VDI its nothing but whenever i rev her past 3500 RPM in 4the gear she pulls well but after putting in 5 th gear i feels like car is not getting sufficient fuel supply and she slows down the speed drastically, but after 4-5 seconds again she comes back to life after playing around with accelrator padel(keep on pulling and pushing), what could be the issue?
I face the same issue in the 5th gear. This happens sporadically and has started recently. Rev is around 2500rpm. Somewhere after 80 km/h, the car refuses to respond to flooring the pedal. Car has done 19000km so far. I have to check with the service guys. 4th service is due.
Old 1st December 2008, 14:03   #10
BANNED

Yes Jaggu makes sense specially the accelrator sencor and Turbu plumbing part, will get it checked this saturday.
Old 3rd December 2008, 20:55   #11
BHPian

me too felt the same

guys even i felt something similar today. here is what happened
was getting back home from college and the temperature needle was at its normal position. was revving her. shifted from 3rd to 4th with rpm around 2500 in 4th and there was no throttle response . she was stuck at 2500rpm. i pumped the gas pedal twice but no acceleration. moved down to 3rd and she was back. this happened twice and after that she was as normal as ever.
do i also check the accelerator sensor, air filter and the turbo plumbing?
happened twice but was fine after that. air filter was cleaned 4 days back only. my car has done 8500kms and 3rd service is coming up. please help!!

@ ajay : is your car running fine now? you visiting your service station this saturday?

Last edited by white_vdi : 3rd December 2008 at 20:56.
Old 3rd December 2008, 21:07   #12
Team-BHP Support

while engine in switched off state, press the acc pedal completely down, repeat this couple of times, if its minor terminal issue it will be fine.
Old 3rd December 2008, 22:33   #13
BHPian

thanks jaggu!!
will get back with an update again.
Old 4th December 2008, 00:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
while engine in switched off state, press the acc pedal completely down, repeat this couple of times, if its minor terminal issue it will be fine.
Pedal sensor is my guess as well, but why it occurs only in the higher gears, is something I am unable to fathom. Does it mean that the default map the ECU chooses, in the absence of any input from the pedal sensor, is not sufficient to pull the car in higher gears?

When I had the pedal sensor issue, it would occur randomly and the main indication for me was that my car refused to climb the ramp out of my parking place.
Old 4th December 2008, 00:25   #15
BHPian

thanks for your input kuttapan
how was your issue resolved?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks