Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2008, 20:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Shri Gayatri Motors (not bhavani motors, my bad sorry!)
Old NH8, Ankleshwar,
Near HDFC Bank, Opposite Sri Ganesh Agency
Ankleshwar: 393002

this is the address!
Old 30th November 2008, 13:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Frank, this is , but I was very curious to know. Your run of 1000 odd kms to bharuch from Mumbai & back was done on CNG or any other fuel? And does a tankfull of CNG takes your car for 400 odd kms without refill?
Old 30th November 2008, 13:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

heheheh i expected someone to ask! ok here's the math
our esteem could take 11 kilos of CNG at the MAX. so thats about rs. 300 of CNG. we started on a full tank from my place(walkeshwar), topped up at dahisar, then straight at abrama, then at kadodara. then at bharuch. so we reached bharuch in 350rs. can you believe it? 330 km in 350 rs.
the way back we fuelled at the same points and reached thane where we had to switch to petrol till sion. approximately about 15-20km on petrol. thats it. the rest on CNG.
the very reason why this was possible is, because there are a lot of CNG filling stations on the way, 60km between them. also the first station we stopped at,they gave us a complimentary booklet from the pump showing all the gujarat gas stations. very helpful and helped plan our stops. we also travelled to baroda and there were stations there too. very sophisticated one, at that, where we also drove around in my cousin's aveo there and managed 13kg of CNG in one fill. speaks volumes about the pump! it was an ADANI private pump.
OT: narendra modi has really changed the face of gujarat. its a pity the same cant be said about maharashtra.
Old 1st December 2008, 12:24   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Man, only on Team-BHP will someone drive from Mumbai to Gujarat for a mechanic!! I am glad you got the problem solved to satisfaction. Nothing to take away from this apparent guru, but not every problem can be diagnosed by the ear. And, he didn't actually tell you the problem after listening to the engine, did he? Chances are, some other diagnostics were performed after you guys left.

Either ways, nice to hear about a positive experience and a well-managed garage.
Old 1st December 2008, 12:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

absolutely. only a tbhpian can do something as wacky as this. lol.
anyways the search is still on for someone like this in mumbai. any pointers GTO?
Old 7th September 2009, 16:03   #21
BHPian

Bringing an old thread alive.
So has anyone found the magic doctor here in Mumbai ?
I am looking for a good car workshop for regular servicing needs of my 4 year old city cvt.
He/She/It should be preferably in Mumbai District ( Nothing beyond Bandra).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks