Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2008, 08:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Adventure - need some inputs

Its been about few months since i picked my used Advy, recently i got to learn that the previous owner had stumbled upon a road medin sometime back which resulted in damaging the "cross member -rail" instead of changing he tried to fix it from which the alignment has gone for a toss:( now i have to get it replaced to save my tyres which will cost me about 8+k, am wondering if it makes sense to look at gujri before i go for the new one?

anyone has good contacts in gujri???

secondly, yesterday the injector lights started to glow and on getting the car checked on the examiner it revealed that it was the issue with the "ignition coil" so they removed it coil cleaned it and fit it back..and also deleted the error...then on the car is normal..

now i am little worried if the issues comes back? esp on long drives? what you guys suggest???

Thanks in advance
Old 30th November 2008, 09:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well pre owned vehicles expected to give one or other issues, but thats ok as long as we can fix and go forward

About Gujri I found near shivaji nagar bus stand all such things can be found. I roamed once to find Matiz fuel Tank. I found one in very good shape but they quote close to brand new item for parts which are rare to find.

They might be quoting more for Adventure also.

When you enter that area ask one person in which shop Fiat Adventure parts available or does any one dismentalled Fiat Adventure recently.

I guess they might quote around 4 to 5k if brand new one cost 8k.

I feel go for brand new which is worth it.

Be carefull while you visit there make sure only males with less belongings visit keeping safety in mind.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 30th November 2008, 10:34   #3
BHPian

I suggest you go for the new one. Especially when such important parts are in question. Considering its not easy to find Adventure spares in the showroom/service centers itself, you should be extremely lucky to find something at the gujri.
Old 30th November 2008, 10:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Its been about few months since i picked my used Advy, recently i got to learn that the previous owner had stumbled upon a road medin sometime back which resulted in damaging the "cross member -rail" instead of changing he tried to fix it from which the alignment has gone for a toss:( now i have to get it replaced to save my tyres which will cost me about 8+k, am wondering if it makes sense to look at gujri before i go for the new one?

secondly, yesterday the injector lights started to glow and on getting the car checked on the examiner it revealed that it was the issue with the "ignition coil" so they removed it coil cleaned it and fit it back..and also deleted the error...then on the car is normal..

now i am little worried if the issues comes back? esp on long drives? what you guys suggest???

Thanks in advance
Now thats always the risk while going for a second hand. Lucky that its just that much. What is the cross member rail? I am assuming its part of the suspension - which is one of the unique and best things on the adventure. Hence it would always be best to go for OEM parts atleast when its something about the suspension.

About the ignition coil i think it should not be a problem if it is working fine.

All the best.

PS. Did you change your tyres?
Old 30th November 2008, 11:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

gemi yes i know it makes sense to go for a new one....will be asking Concorde to get that part .....yes i have new tyres.......
Old 1st December 2008, 10:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post

Thanks in advance
First of all don't pay any attention to folks that say "this is what happens with a 2nd hand car". All cars need service and repairs. I have seen "brand new" cars with suspension damage caused by dealers and transporters.

Regarding the ignition coil. Replace with new unit if you want reliability. Cleaning will not do much.

What cross member rail are you referring to? Is it the rear dead axle? Repairs are possible, but getting the exact alignment is difficult.

I am in the process of installing a repaired rear dead axle and will let you know how the alignment comes out if you are interested.

Regards,
Old 1st December 2008, 11:03   #7
Senior - BHPian

Red MM340, Yes i agree and when i picked this vehicle i knew i will face few issues and am open to it

The cross rail, its in the front where the lower arms is connected to it....i think its called balancer too...
Old 1st December 2008, 12:34   #8
Team-BHP Support

Are you sure its a crossmember for 8K. Its normally a thick iron/steel rod which costs around 300-400 for heavy cars
If the part costs 8000rs I presume lot of other stuff also needs to be replaced..
For example when I got the indica crossmember changed, the TELCO part was 175rs.
So even if Fiat parts cost 10 times more it will be 1750. 8000 is way too huge for a crossmember!

Last edited by tsk1979 : 1st December 2008 at 12:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks