Team-BHP - Forester Owners: Servicing?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Forester Owners: Servicing? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/49888-forester-owners-servicing.html)

Guys... where do you get the Forester serviced in Bangalore?

I tried Vijay Motors and they gave me blank looks. "Forester? uh.. dont know " .. types :Frustrati

I have heard horror stories about the other Chevrolet option, Sundaram Motors.

Is there some other private guy that some of you use, who wont screw up the car?

Sandeep

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepm (Post 1075499)
Guys... where do you get the Forester serviced in Bangalore?

I tried Vijay Motors and they gave me blank looks. "Forester? uh.. dont know " .. types :Frustrati

I have heard horror stories about the other Chevrolet option, Sundaram Motors.

Is there some other private guy that some of you use, who wont screw up the car?

Sandeep

hey sandeep,which color car do you own?why dont you visit sundaram...& if you keep in touch with the manager "Ramesh" personally your car would be serviced as well as given personal touch..i am looking for a forester from past 1 year & still could not get a good one...but i have done the my homework as in what has to be done after buying one :-)

I havent got full fledged service done at Sundaram yet, but have been getting small repairs/replacements done. My experience has been excellent so far. They were really quick to order and get things like 'neutral switch' and 'coin tray' which my car required.

Hmmm.. two frnds with Foresters have told me to be prepared for special CH (Customer Harassment) if I go to Sundaram. But looks like I'll have no option and will have to bite the bullet and try it :)

Tks for your responses guys

Sandeep

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guna (Post 1097535)
I havent got full fledged service done at Sundaram yet, but have been getting small repairs/replacements done. My experience has been excellent so far. They were really quick to order and get things like 'neutral switch' and 'coin tray' which my car required.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheARUN (Post 1076132)
Sorry for not adding any value, but have to say this.

The FORESTER is one helluva vehicle. Its actually the world renowned SUBARU IMPREZA in different clothing.

Deve Gowda can afford any car in the world, but still sticks to the FORESTER.

When the doors open and the window is rolled down, the vehicle looks really cool, like sports cars

Its simply perfect in all respects. Has the right height, right length, right width, right everything.

There is guy who lives near my house, who owns a FORESTER. He also owns a motor home that he lugs around with it sometimes, i'm so fortunate to catch the vehicle once in a while.

Great vehicle the FORESTER, and I own a SIERRA by the way ;-)

it is not a imprezza in different clothing , i beg to differ , its actually a descendant of the subaru legacy, the imprezza is a completly different car

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddartha (Post 1098735)
it is not a imprezza in different clothing , i beg to differ , its actually a descendant of the subaru legacy, the imprezza is a completly different car

Forester is actaully based on Subaru Imprezza and carries some of its underpinnings. Balanced chasis and handling of Forester are attributed to this aspect.

The forester is based on the Imprezza platform. A lot of under pinnings and parts are the same. Its an excellent all-rounder. A subaru in every sense.
I've seen a forester in bangalore with the Subaru badges everywhere instead of Chevy :). Looked cool.

Sundaram was not too bad actually, though I did not need to do any major work. But then, I had some extra attention because I spoke to GM before I went there :)

btw... it seems Vijay Motors is also parting ways with GM service

Sandeep

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepm (Post 1098614)
Hmmm.. two frnds with Foresters have told me to be prepared for special CH (Customer Harassment) if I go to Sundaram. But looks like I'll have no option and will have to bite the bullet and try it :)

Tks for your responses guys

Sandeep

should we guys meet up once?lets take this forward...lets know the cars better..may be go for a drive stop at a point & get back?what do u say?

How's the situation now for Forester users in Bangalore? If not GM A.S.S, is there a competent independent mechanic to handle basic servicing and diagnosis? How do you order spares?

I have an eye on this SUV for a long time now and thinking of taking a plunge. But don't want to face the service and spares issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVH
How's the situation now for Forester users in Bangalore? If not GM A.S.S, is there a competent independent mechanic to handle basic servicing and diagnosis? How do you order spares?

I have an eye on this SUV for a long time now and thinking of taking a plunge. But don't want to face the service and spares issues.

You should talk to Guna. I think he is on his second Forester! Seems very pleased with it overall.
I love it too except that it is a bit of a guzzler, being petrol driven.
They are extremely popular in Oz, NZ and the UK too! With good reason, because they are thoroughly tough and reliable beasts for utility + passenger usage patterns.
Had they launched it in India with the same 2 litre diesel from the Optra Magnum with its AWD, and priced it about 9 lacs in 2006 or so, it would have been a winner, though ahead of its time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVH (Post 2816529)

With Sundaram giving up Chevy dealership, it was a bit of a worry but I am told that Trident is competent enough and they have been servicing few Foresters already. They are supposed have stock of oil/air filters etc but do take order for other service parts (even brake pads!) and get them imported. I am due to take my car for service and will know the first hand experience very soon.
Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 2816536)
You should talk to Guna. I think he is on his second Forester! Seems very pleased with it overall.
......Had they launched it in India with the same 2 litre diesel from the Optra Magnum with its AWD, and priced it about 9 lacs in 2006 or so, it would have been a winner, though ahead of its time!

I think it is very unrealistic to expect car of this size and features to sell at 9 lacs. Even a Fabia or i20 costed nearly that much. It is like expecting Yeti to be priced at 10 lacs!

Thanks Shankar.

Quote:

I love it too except that it is a bit of a guzzler, being petrol driven.
They are extremely popular in Oz, NZ and the UK too! With good reason, because they are thoroughly tough and reliable beasts for utility + passenger usage patterns.

Call me crazy but I'm OK with its guzzling tendency in favour of what it offers in return. My current ride is also a guzzler :-) Many years ago my neighbour had it and had also put up for sale. Unfortunately, his asking price was way too high and I could not afford it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guna (Post 2816562)
With Sundaram giving up Chevy dealership, it was a bit of a worry but I am told that Trident is competent enough and they have been servicing few Foresters already. They are supposed have stock of oil/air filters etc but do take order for other service parts (even brake pads!) and get them imported. I am due to take my car for service and will know the first hand experience very soon.

Thanks Guna. Your experience with Trident will be of immense help. The vehicle is known to be sturdy and niggle free. There aren't any detailed ownership experiences as such on this forum. Appreciate if you could also pen down on how's it like to be owning this vehicle. Any nasty surprises?
My requirements are for 70% city driving and 30% highways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guna

I think it is very unrealistic to expect car of this size and features to sell at 9 lacs. Even a Fabia or i20 costed nearly that much. It is like expecting Yeti to be priced at 10 lacs!

In 2004 the Forester used to cost 13 to 14 lacs or so if I remember right. I couldnt afford it then. I remember seeing ads for it in Madras in 2002 itself. Even there, there were relatively few takers. If they had indigenized production through CKD assembly or whatever and plonked the Optra 2 litre diesel engine into it and then sold it around say 10-12 lacs, or even at the same price as above, there would have been many more takers than there were, for it.
As it is, it was always a vehicle with niche appeal- only the really evolved consumer was able to appreciate it and if he was well heeled, he was able to buy it.
Now me, I have always a taste for the good things but never the budget to match and hence was never able to seriously consider such a vehicle at the time.

Quote:

Had they launched it in India with the same 2 litre diesel from the Optra Magnum with its AWD, and priced it about 9 lacs in 2006 or so, it would have been a winner, though ahead of its time!

Taking out that wonderful 2-liter boxer-4 motor and replacing it with a diesel engine is absolute sacrilege!

Sure, it would have made good 'business' sense, but it's like Audi offering the 3-liter V6 S4 with a CVT multitronic instead of the much better S-Tronic DSG! ;)

I'd really like to own a Forester some day. I'm dreaming of a nice blue Forester with bronze'd wheels, chunky tyres, a turbo-kit and sports-exhaust with a nice fruity note.

My neighbour owns a Forester. It's very well maintained and driven regularly too. I shall find out where he gets it serviced and update the thread with the same.