Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2008, 10:26   #1
BHPian

Engine Check Light - Cedia

Hi Guys, I have a problem with my Cedia. I have the engine check light staying on even after the car has started and it does not go off. I have taken it to the service station twice to have it fixed, but both times they have returned the car saying that it has been fixed, and there was an error showing in the ECU while scanning and it has now been rectified. This is the thrid time that this has occured in the last ten days. I am really tired of going to them again and again and would appreciate a response from you guys as to what could be the problem.

The service advisor is pretty vague about what the problem seems to be. HELP.
Old 4th December 2008, 14:46   #2
BHPian

Just check if any third party accessories you have fitted into the car, like Audio, Headlamps with cutout or any other electrical which has been fitted after the car purchase. Even this could be one issue having problem with you engine light.
Old 4th December 2008, 14:55   #3
BANNED

i'd say you goto some other service center who can diagnose the problem thru scanning the ECU. there could be any problem as the enigne check light is ON, we can only trace it out with the help of scanner or think about any altrations you made to the car's electrical system.
Old 4th December 2008, 15:04   #4
BHPian

Hi, Just had it scanned with the system which was available with the dealer. It gave an error code P1050 or somehting which basically refers to the O2 sensor. The service person has cleaned out the sensors. Lets see if this works. As of now the engine check light is not on, but this could be due to the fact that they had disconnected the battery.
Old 4th December 2008, 15:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

was the same error appearing previously? then probably can replace the sensor ruling out other things are OK. or you can temporarily change the O2 sensor, drive for a week and see.
Old 5th December 2008, 06:20   #6
BHPian

Ask them to check if the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor is working fine or not. Sometimes, that could be the problem. Especially if you've installed any cold air or ram air intakes by removing the stock air filter system.
Old 5th December 2008, 11:03   #7
BHPian

Have not changed anything in the car except the music system and seats. The car is running as stock as it was the day it left the factory. As of now the engine check light is not an issue, so will wait and see if it happens again. Thanks for all the replies.
Old 6th December 2008, 17:31   #8

Hey guys, my car (cedia) has done 6000km. My issues with the car are:
1. When I turn the steering left there is something which is felt. Don’t know how to explain but a slight modulation is felt, not continuously but at one or two spots. Worst part was the day I took it to the work shop the problem didn’t show up. But on the way back it started happening again.
2. When I drive in stop and go traffic on up and down roads which involves a lot of half clutch operation, the noise with which the a/c compressor cuts in and cuts out changes (increases, some times a loud “tuck”). And u just get a feeling that there is something fishy with the compressor and cutout. I had previously mentioned this problem in one of the threads. Again I could not properly explain this problem to the service guys cause I had no evidence. When the a/c is off there is pin drop silence. But when the compressor comes on there is a slight murmur felt (more appropriately a dim note is felt). Now what’s irritating is that the compressor cuts in and out very frequently so the sound keeps coming and going frequently. The service guys say that the frequent on/off of the compressor is normal and common to all cedias.
What could the problem be guys? Any cedia owner with the same problem. I wonder how the new climate control cedia compressor works. I would love to install that system on my car if it makes less noise. Any idea about that. Can it be done?
Old 6th December 2008, 20:13   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete mitchell View Post
Hey guys, my car (cedia) has done 6000km. My issues with the car are:
2. When I drive in stop and go traffic on up and down roads which involves a lot of half clutch operation, the noise with which the a/c compressor cuts in and cuts out changes (increases, some times a loud “tuck”). And u just get a feeling that there is something fishy with the compressor and cutout. I had previously mentioned this problem in one of the threads. ........
i too have the same noise while the AC get on and off. AFAIK the tuk sound is from the AC clutch not the relay and its been since day one. and now i have 40k on the odo and no issue so far. my be its normal in this thype of AC compressors.
Old 6th December 2008, 23:04   #10
BHPian

Even my cedia has that compressor cut off noise. It is noticeable only when the car's engine is running and the car is not in motion. Its very normal and the only difference between cedias and other cars is the cut off and on sound is lot more audible when vehicle not in motion.
Old 8th December 2008, 11:36   #11
BHPian

Well so the problem is back this morning and again the engine check light refuses to go off. I have spoken to the dealer, and he said that he will speak to the HM manager and get back to me. Lets see what happens. I think the easiest thing to do would be to change the oxygen sensor and check, but for some reason this has not occured to them till now.
Old 19th December 2008, 12:43   #12
BHPian

SO after a lot of checking the HM guys now say there seems to be a problem with the ECU. They have put in the ECU from the test car to check if this could be it and hva easked me to drive around for a week and then get back. Lets c how their latest experiment go.
Old 19th December 2008, 12:52   #13
Team-BHP Support

Generally if there is a problem and the battery has been disconnected, the engine check light comes on after about 60 Kilometers of driving. Is the same thing happening for your car. Did you do a search on the error code for cedia? If there is a problem with O2 sensor, why are service centre guys changing the ECU first before replacing the O2 sensor?
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:13   #14
BHPian

Re: Engine Check Light - Cedia

Sorry I didnt update this earlier. But solved the problem about a 2 years or so ago, with HM changing out the whole cabling of the engine bay. I am updating this for anyone else who may have the same problem.

And it did take a year to fix it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks