Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2014, 10:23   #46
BHPian

Re: Roughness in Body Paint.

After some research on several threads and other online sources I have ordered the Bilt Hamber clay (also because Meguiar's is currently not available and the entire Kit costs a bomb at around 4.5K).
Ordered it on ebay through detailedclean.in - http://www.ebay.in/itm/Bilt-Hamber-A...bebc180&_uhb=1

I had an ebay coupon so it worked out a tad bit cheaper than ordering directly on the website.

Bilt Hamber claims that the clay is designed to be used with tap water and does not need any lube.

So anyways waiting for the shipment to arrive and would revert with the results.
Old 22nd May 2014, 10:37   #47
BHPian

Re: Roughness in Body Paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj78 View Post
After some research on several threads and other online sources I have ordered the Bilt Hamber clay (also because Meguiar's is currently not available and the entire Kit costs a bomb at around 4.5K).
Ordered it on ebay through detailedclean.in - http://www.ebay.in/itm/Bilt-Hamber-A...bebc180&_uhb=1

I had an ebay coupon so it worked out a tad bit cheaper than ordering directly on the website.

Bilt Hamber claims that the clay is designed to be used with tap water and does not need any lube.

So anyways waiting for the shipment to arrive and would revert with the results.
Apologies about the delayed update but the clay treatment did the trick. Whatever the surface contaminant was seemed to come of magically as I rubbed the clay one panel at a time - At the end of it the surface was as smooth as new. I followed it up with a treatment of Formula 1 Carnauba wax. It was a 4+ hour job and the hot day did tire me out but the end result was satisfactory. I would definitely recommend Bilt Hamber to anyone who has a similar need.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks