Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2014, 18:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I had Hyundai charging me for it. Then once I got my Santro serviced outside, and found that extracting the Injectors took an hour. So I guess the HASS was just ripping me off.

On the other Honda advise against this, unless strictly necessary, in fact the GM advised against it since you will abrade and open the jet holes.
Thank you for the clarification. It is more of a rip off than any benefit I guess. Does the owners manual of your Honda mention about injector cleaning in the maintenence schedule?
Old 15th May 2014, 19:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Fuel injector cleaning with carbon clean

I have never touched my injectors in 93 thousand of my cars life. No Clean, no remove, nothing. Don't touch something which is not broken.

Go for a long highway blip once in a while and you won't need all this injector, egr vgr cleaning.
Old 15th May 2014, 20:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Fuel injector cleaning with carbon clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I have never touched my injectors in 93 thousand of my cars life. No Clean, no remove, nothing. Don't touch something which is not broken.

Go for a long highway blip once in a while and you won't need all this injector, egr vgr cleaning.
+1

I am following the Italian tune up system and will keep an on the job card while being written so that the injector cleaning is not done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks