Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2005, 15:38   #16
BHPian

also what is the fuel level in the vehicle...is it very near the empty mark?
Old 14th April 2005, 16:32   #17
BHPian

hey buddy..these new generation cars come with very sensitive fuel pump's and you should go get that checked at an official ford service centre..well it could be a basic fule pump failure which is undetected by the local mechanice it could also be some dirt on the fuel pump..or a choke in the fuel pipe..well also do make sure in the future dont drive the new-gen cars in resreve..because the fuel pumps are very sensitive and to much load on the pump to drive the fuel inot engine may lead to failure of the pump...so anyways that was my bit that i could give you...if you need any other help please feel free to pm me...cheers...!!
Old 14th April 2005, 17:46   #18
SUV
BHPian

Fule Cut off Solenoid

hey Guy's ...

Doesnt the Ikon have a Fuel Cut Off Solenoid .. Guess it would be worth to check the Solenoid .. cos if the car is cranking and the fuel supply is good then guess thr is something else blcoking the fuel flow

Just thinking aloud ..
Old 14th April 2005, 18:04   #19
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Hey bhp when your car shuts down, do the revs climb up on their own always? If thats the case it could mean the timing belt or timing mechanicals are faulty.
thanks a lot guys for the help .
my car is a oct 2000 model . and when my car shuts down the revvs do not climb up at all .
i have to check cleaning up the fuel pump may be and then willl let u guys know and tomm i am getting my car towed to the service station
Old 21st April 2005, 11:41   #20
bhp
BHPian

guys i had send the car to the service station and they said it is the problem with the ecm unit . it is costing me 40k with taxes and labour . wat should i do helpppppppp
go for the og ecm or get a stand alone fuel management system .
how much will that cost and where shall i get it for a ikon
Old 21st April 2005, 11:58   #21
BHPian

hey bhp..

has the ecm died... if not why dont u get it repaired.... at least try... might save a hell lot of money...i can get that done for u

well if u already plannin to put in the new ecm .. i would suggest go in for a stand alone... will cost u almost the same price of the original ecm....

all the best..
Old 21st April 2005, 13:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

yeah bhp, first try to get the ecm repaired in some aftermarket shop. then try to buy a used ecm from the aftermarket.
car is more than 4 years old..how long you plannig to keep it? if for long then buy a stand alone engine management. if planning to sell it soon get it repaired
Old 21st April 2005, 14:09   #23
dev
BHPian

Guys,
I am scared now. I have Ford Ikon 1.3 CLXI. 2001 make.
I got it for 3lakhs and after hearing this cost of 40K, I am scared. This vehicle is the first one for me and I did not took it outside as I am not used to this city conditions.
Need to learn fast.

Bhp,
let me know what u have decided. And any other problems u met with Ikon? I will get prepared from now.

Iceman,
Do u know anyone who can teach me on this Ikon? I know there are lots of Driving schools. Still I prefer a person who is known and can take me to busy streets and I want to learn in one day(fast track. looks silly?)
And also any good dealer for LPG kit?

Thanks.
Old 21st April 2005, 14:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

dev would love to teach you but at teh end of it either i will kill you or your car will be a wreck!!!
i have no patience i am sorry.
best is to learn with the driving school and then keep driving...
Old 21st April 2005, 14:29   #25
dev
BHPian

Thanks Iceman. I had a driven this vehicle in non-conjusted roads. I need to learn reversing this big vehicle and learning in the busy roads like MG road, Airport road.

-thanks
Old 21st April 2005, 14:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

the best way to do it is practice and keep practicing....because when it comes to driving no one is perfect. also as you said you just bought it recently you will feel uncomfortable it is natural!!!
all the best and drive safe
Old 21st April 2005, 15:51   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp
guys i have a very very serious problem with my ford ikon 1.6 . the problem is that when i give it a self the car starts up but after 2-4 seconds the car turns off even after hard acceleration .

Cannot understand what exactly you mean but

Could be something simple like defective plugs and leads

Check the Mass Ari Flow Sensors - chances are that they are dirty, causing less petrol to be injected - shutting down the engine
Old 21st April 2005, 15:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

ajmat sir he got it all checked and the ford as well as aftermarket guys said that the ecm is the cause of it
Old 22nd April 2005, 19:32   #29
BHPian

Hey BHP....I'm getting a similar problem....only that my car stalls for a few times on a cold start and then everything is fine. I went to Wasan ford and they replaced a sensor which they said was faulty but today morning again had the same problem. Any suggestions on how to rectify this....
Old 23rd April 2005, 15:17   #30
BHPian

Hey BHP,
it Seems to me that the problem is not with the ECM, The ECU used in ikon is latest Generation Bosch EEC V ECU , I have opened and seen the ECU its a very Small PCB 4"*5" inch highly insulated and no serviceable parts inside, If ECU had a problem the car would not have started only, When u start ur Engine THe ECU takes lots of Feedback from different Sensors like CPS, CKS, (camshaft position sensor/Crank position sensors ) it uses this sensors feedbak to determine position of Pistons, valves open/close The Problem could be with these sensors, when the ecu dosent get the feedback its not able to determine position of pistons and firing order and hene it stalls, the problem could be also due to wires carrying sensors signal to ecu if it has eaten by Rat which is a rare chance but possible you an ask the mechani c to check the continuty of wires with meter, Some times big problems are solved by simple solutions

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 23rd April 2005 at 15:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks