Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2018, 19:30   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: 8 Scorpio mHawks stolen-immobilizer codes cracked!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
OMG. I am sorry to hear this Suresh. Horrified to hear that a car fitted with Immobilizer et all has been lifted. Surely Suresh it appears to me that your car must have been marked.
Yes. The guy walked right up to my car ignoring other (often more expensive) cars parked on what is basically a 1.5 km long residential street.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 00:32   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
OMG. I am sorry to hear this Suresh. Horrified to hear that a car fitted with Immobilizer et all has been lifted. Surely Suresh it appears to me that your car must have been marked.
In 2012-13 immobilizer was something which could not be tampered with and the decoder tools could only be ordered by ASC but now in 2017-18 even the mechanics or thieves can order a Bosch decoder worth Rs. 20 to 30 thousand and the vehicle will start without any drama in seconds and the key fob signal can always be tapped and now the vehicles with keyless entry and start are more prone to theft due to key signals involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Yes. The guy walked right up to my car ignoring other (often more expensive) cars parked on what is basically a 1.5 km long residential street.
Really sorry to hear about your car but i wanted to ask if you had gear lock fitted in your car? That is the first accessory my dad gets fitted as i have observed in last five cars.
Scorpio, bolero have ready buyers available in grey market that is why they just took your car without noticing others because there is very less market for high end stolen cars and i think they must have observed you past couple of days and thought it would be easy to take your car.
revvharder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 05:30   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
now in 2017-18 even the mechanics or thieves can order a Bosch decoder worth Rs. 20 to 30 thousand and the vehicle will start without any drama in seconds and the key fob signal can always be tapped and now the vehicles with keyless entry and start are more prone to theft due to key signals involved.
Unfortunately the area I live in is pretty well patrolled so I got careless. My bad.

You're telling me people don't need physical access to the car and keys, they can just tap the fob signal and build a fresh key?

This is a car with a keyfob remote unlock but has an immobilizer fitted key, not a keyless start like my Ford.
Old 20th October 2018, 06:52   #139
BHPian

Quote:
You're telling me people don't need physical access to the car and keys, they can just tap the fob signal and build a fresh key?
I'm deeply sorry to see your loss, I hope you recover your car soon.

Please take a look at this clip to know how car can be unlocked just by tapping in to fob signal, YouTube has plenty of clips showcasing the means to capture immobilizer codes remotely without having access to keys.

Thilak29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 07:00   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I'm deeply sorry to see your loss, I hope you recover your car soon.

Please take a look at this clip to know how car can be unlocked just by tapping in to fob signal, YouTube has plenty of clips showcasing the means to capture immobilizer codes remotely without having access to keys.
Right and after this code is entered to unlock the car, just hot wiring it will be enough to start the engine?
Old 20th October 2018, 07:35   #141
BHPian

Quote:

This is a car with a keyfob remote unlock but has an immobilizer fitted key, not a keyless start like my Ford.
Yes, hserus sir no fuss no muss, the Bosch tool is used for the cars with immobilizer keys. Sometime back i had a conversation with an inspector who told me they were fed up due to Bosch directly supplying the tool which resulted in loads of car being stolen and it was covered in a newspaper too.
Only security for a car is gearlock and other manual locks which will require the thief to cut it down and then only steal the vehicle.
BTW i think thieves must not have noticed the fastag while stealing your car and as you told you have not recieved any message so they would not have passed any toll booth that night and parked in their safe place and as yours is a blue scorpio so i think most probably they will paint and remove all the stickers and then sell or maybe use for some election campaigns.
Old 20th October 2018, 09:15   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
This method is pretty common overseas where thieves have made off even with luxury cars.

Given the ease with which this is done I think the only option for car owners is to have multiple layers of security over the factory fitted immobiliser including a GPS tracker and mechanical methods to disable the steering or other controls of the car.
Old 20th October 2018, 09:34   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Really sorry to hear this hserus. I had a similar experience way back in 2008, when one of my friend's Scorpio was nicked from Noida. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...nb-3361-a.html (JUST STOLEN: Black Scorpio from NOIDA (DL 4C NB 3361)). The car was never recovered and he got a City once insurance paid out.

Seems the scene hasn't changed much and it is still a thieve's dream. But yours is an unusual color which should be easy to spot amidst the sea of whites/blacks. I hope the cops are able to find it. Do use your contacts in the Police/Administration as they tend to be a little laid back without push from higher-ups. ATB!
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 09:55   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Seems the scene hasn't changed much and it is still a thieve's dream. But yours is an unusual color which should be easy to spot amidst the sea of whites/blacks. I hope the cops are able to find it. Do use your contacts in the Police/Administration as they tend to be a little laid back without push from higher-ups. ATB!
I will just take the insurance payout as the IDV is pretty much about a lakh under what I paid for it. It won't be in any recognizable shape if and when it's recovered from the thief :(
Old 20th October 2018, 10:15   #145
Team-BHP Support

Really heartbreaking to hear this hserus.

Quote:
It won't be in any recognizable shape if and when it's recovered from the thief :(
Agree here but the thief should be caught and punished so that the others don't have to undergo this nightmare.

Kindly do update if there is one, I would be eagerly looking forward for a miracle by Chennai Police.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 12:44   #146
BANNED

At one time I heard that putting the 'device' into a freezer was a standard method of removing the code. It worked for radio receivers as well. Is that still true?
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 21:12   #147
Senior - BHPian

This would be invaluable in such cases - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TK10...7-a3878a53d88c

I have it in both my cars.
anupmathur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 21:17   #148
Senior - BHPian

If this is plugged into the car OBD2 port, won't it be very easily noticed by the thief and unplugged?

Edit - this has a lot more positive feedback. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Vehi...AbTest=ae803_5

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
This would be invaluable in such cases - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TK10...7-a3878a53d88c

I have it in both my cars.

Last edited by hserus : 20th October 2018 at 21:31.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 21:40   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

There are several options on Amazon India. Check this: GPS Tracker For Cars

PS - This Model has good feedback.

Last edited by R2D2 : 20th October 2018 at 21:47. Reason: added PS
R2D2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 04:20   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There's some grainy cctv footage here
Sorry and sad to hear of this theft. Our city will soon be as unsafe as London.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed