Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2008, 09:53   #91
Senior - BHPian

thats great news sir. if its that easy, i will do it right away.
dont know if its of any use, but better be safe than sorry.
Old 15th December 2008, 11:06   #92
BHPian

Mahindra top management mail id's

Mods: If this post is breaching any forum laws please delete and warn me.

These guys might be in a position to take swift action.

pawan.goenka@mahindra.com - President, M&M Automotive Sector

rajesh.jejurikar@mahindra.com - Rajesh Jejurikar, VP - R&D

naresh.patil@mahindra.com - Head of some improvement program
santhanam.s@mahindra.com - Must be a Blr after sales guy

Cheers !
Old 15th December 2008, 11:15   #93
Senior - BHPian

mHawk Immobilizer code-Personalization

Hi all mHawk Owners,

Please follow the procedure below to personalize your immoblizer code from the company generic code. Your dealer should give you the factory default code!!

Note: Required considerable amount of patience!!But I guess it is worth it!!

[USER PROGRAMMABLE FEATURES]

Program customer Pin code (PERSONALISED PINCODE)

The personalized 4-digit number can be changed from the factory default one to ensure personalized security

Pin code Entry:

Disarm the system
1.Open the door
2.Turn ignition ON then OFF
3.Within 5 seconds press and release valet switch 5 times. A short chirp followed by a long chirp confirms entry into PINCODE programming mode
4.Press button LOCK on remote transmitter, after a single chirp enter the FIRST digit (with in 1-9) by pressing valet switch (for e.g. to enter 2 press valet switch two times).
5.Press button LOCK on remote transmitter, after two chirp enter the SECOND digit (with in 1-9) by pressing valet switch
6.Press button LOCK on remote transmitter, after 3-chirp enter the THIRD digit (with in 1-9) by pressing valet switch
7.Press button LOCK on remote transmitter, after 4-chirp enter the FOURTH digit (with in 1-9) by pressing valet switch

Last edited by getsurya : 15th December 2008 at 11:19.
Old 15th December 2008, 12:38   #94
Senior - BHPian

hey getsurya, thanks a lot man...
i think you have tried this one on your mHAWK. successful?
i am asking this because-
i called up the mahindra A.S.S. and they said it cannot be done at your residence and you may have to send the car to the A.S.S. for 10 mins. also, you cannot send the driver, the owner of the car or someone from family should come with the car.

also, i dont know my default code. is this in any way required to change my code as per your instructions above?

Last edited by raj_5004 : 15th December 2008 at 12:58.
Old 15th December 2008, 14:05   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meremortal View Post
Mods: If this post is breaching any forum laws please delete and warn me.

These guys might be in a position to take swift action.

pawan.goenka@mahindra.com - President, M&M Automotive Sector

rajesh.jejurikar@mahindra.com - Rajesh Jejurikar, VP - R&D

naresh.patil@mahindra.com - Head of some improvement program
santhanam.s@mahindra.com - Must be a Blr after sales guy

Cheers !
This is some useful info. Hope they personally checks all the mails and responds.

@ above. remove XXXXXX or the site is *************.
Or just google it with key word 'Mahindra woes' or Immobiliser problem.
Old 15th December 2008, 14:41   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Program customer Pin code (PERSONALISED PINCODE)

The personalized 4-digit number can be changed from the factory default one to ensure personalized security

Pin code Entry:

Disarm the system
1.Open the door
2.Turn ignition ON then OFF
3.Within 5 seconds press and release valet switch 5 times. A short chirp followed by a long chirp confirms entry into PINCODE programming mode
4.Press button LOCK on remote transmitter, after a single chirp enter the FIRST digit (with in 1-9) by pressing valet switch (for e.g. to enter 2 press valet switch two times).
5.Press button LOCK on remote transmitter, after two chirp enter the SECOND digit (with in 1-9) by pressing valet switch
6.Press button LOCK on remote transmitter, after 3-chirp enter the THIRD digit (with in 1-9) by pressing valet switch
7.Press button LOCK on remote transmitter, after 4-chirp enter the FOURTH digit (with in 1-9) by pressing valet switch
Is the Scorpio security system a Nippon by any chance. I am asking as my swift has the exact same procedure for changing the pin code.
Old 15th December 2008, 16:35   #97
Senior - BHPian

Vikram,Scorpio I think has Nippon security system only.

Raj,

The showroom guys should be able to give your factory standard immobilizer code. The process can then be completed by you either at home or at A.S.S.
Old 15th December 2008, 17:13   #98
Senior - BHPian

yes vikram, its nippon in scorpio too.
Old 15th December 2008, 17:28   #99
Senior - BHPian

Guyz, to change the immobiliser code to your own you do not need the factory standard code. The procedure attached earlier is all you need.change ASAP!!
Old 15th December 2008, 20:27   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Vikram,Scorpio I think has Nippon security system only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
yes vikram, its nippon in scorpio too.
That explains it. Thanks for the clarification guys.
Old 18th December 2008, 09:38   #101
BHPian

car security

was going through the various replies and concerns about car safety, well apart from from all the mechanical devices that we have in our cars, there are two more after market devices now available in the market which i have found to be quiet effective.The first one is the smart card transponder immobilizer system.In this system the smart card which is the size of a credit card has to be in the vicinity of the sensor (within 30 cms) otherwise current shall not flow and the ignition switch would not come alive.Only when the sensor senses the card would the car ECU, Fuel Pump etc kick to life, the card has to remain in your back pocket and if you happen to remove your wallet the system would give you a beep and if the card does not come back within sensing range then the engine would die out in 45 sec switching on the hazard signals and locking all doors.The best part of this system is that you cannot jump start or push start . It needs to read the card before the electrical system becomes operational.The card has a 64 bit code which is practically impossible to crack.

The second security system that has come is recently is the biometric finger print reader. If the owners finger prints are not stored in the memory then its impossible to start the car. ( can store up to 9 finger prints)

Both the systems cannot be over ridden for in both systems the electric supply to the ECU is cut off.
Old 18th December 2008, 09:44   #102
Senior - BHPian

sanjz, thanks for the info. Can you please let us know the product names and prices!
Old 18th December 2008, 10:27   #103
BHPian

The second security system that has come is recently is the biometric finger print reader. If the owners finger prints are not stored in the memory then its impossible to start the car. ( can store up to 9 finger prints)

Both the systems cannot be over ridden for in both systems the electric supply to the ECU is cut off.[/quote]

Hi,
The second option sounds interesting, any idea where and when it is likely or already available
Old 18th December 2008, 10:28   #104
BHPian

the card transponder system is manufactured by wheels cost about 4.5 K carries a 2 year warranty with service support ( have it on my getz) the service support here in a'bad is excellent.You can contact any wheels security system stockist.

The biometric sensor is available for about 16 K also manufactured in India with a tech tie up with some foreign company as the literature which i saw in the accessory shop showed they are OE fitments on camry and other high end cars will post details of its dealers or stockists soon not able to trace his address, my friend has it on his CRV.
Old 18th December 2008, 10:31   #105
Senior - BHPian

Sanjz, Do you have a website link which we all can refer to?

Most Viewed