Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2008, 08:55   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Gawd... seems you have found some really sick MASS...
Sadly its the only MASS here enjoying his monopoly !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
One idea is to visit a Kabbadi, the people who buys total loss insurance cars. look out for the part.
After getting the above part forget MASS, find some expert bodyworks wala.

chances are that you will end up paying under 5k with labour.
Thanks, never thought of it before, I have seen few old esteem dusting at kabadi wala. Will enquire them
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:59   #32
BHPian

Hashim, You may want to check this link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ack-shape.html

I got it done at an authorized maruti service in Bangalore, if you get it done locally the alignment may cause problem.

cheers:
Old 23rd January 2009, 21:55   #33
BHPian

Ya I was looking at your post yesterday showing my dad also the pics of how apron is changed. This is the final thing that I'll have done, both the apron changed like you did. My car will soon need a complete repaint as it has got some scratches in bonnet, fender and two doors so I have decided to change apron when I give the car for full dent paint job.
Old 12th July 2009, 00:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

Ok, I finally went to the MASS I talked about. While there, I remembered to have a look at the car-o-tronic machine I mentioned earlier.

Posting some pics of the thing. I was told the machine is car-o-tronic, but the name on the machine is car-o-liner. I was told that the machine is car-o-tronic, and thats the latest version and car-o-liner is the older version. I don't know why the painted name is car-o-liner...

I was told that the machine can measure all the major points on the chasis. The results are shown on the screen. If any of the points are out of alignment, the hydraulic arm pulls the point into place. The chasis and arm is connected with a chain. The results are supposed to be as accurate as they can possibly be for a repair job.

This is as explained to me. I have not seen the whole job being actually done. I was told the car on the machine was involved in a head on collusion, and the front had deformed and crumpled in towards the passenger compartment. I inspected the front part and the work seemed quite good. Sorry didn't get good pics of the front as they were working on it.

I was told that cars with such extensive repairs are not repaired in devoleped countries, where safety is a major concern, and are reported as total loss cars.

Posting the pics. Hope this is helpful for those here who need to get such repairs done.

Btw, how does one get these pics below one another?? The post is pretty difficult to read the way it is right now!
Attached Thumbnails
Esteem apron bent-300609_1718.jpg  

Esteem apron bent-300609_1719.jpg  

Esteem apron bent-300609_1720.jpg  

Esteem apron bent-300609_1721.jpg  

Esteem apron bent-300609_1901.jpg  

Last edited by Raccoon : 12th July 2009 at 00:23.
Old 12th July 2009, 01:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Navneet Motors In thane has one, have personally seen it. So i guess Navneet is one place to consider in case of apron replacments or frontal accidental major damages!

Anyone has idea if any other places too have a car - o- liner ?
Old 12th July 2009, 15:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

I was told that Maruti Suzuki has made it mandatory for all MASSs to have one. Is this true??
Old 12th July 2009, 15:44   #37
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was told that Maruti Suzuki has made it mandatory for all MASSs to have one. Is this true??
It is mandatory for all Maruti Authorised body shops to have this machine. The authorized services stations usually don't invest in this machine.
Old 12th July 2009, 16:00   #38
Senior - BHPian

Ah... ic! I was told it costs 22 lacs (if I recall correct).
Old 13th July 2009, 16:26   #39
BHPian

Yesterday while I was driving at night, at one place there was no street light and I could not see an open manhole and while trying to give side to another car approaching from front (road was narrow), my car front left wheel (this side was already effected with bent apron) went into that big manhole. There was a loud sound, even people from their house came out (but no one came to help). Car was not moving from its place and tilted towards left. I was shocked at was looking at my car for sometime and thinking what to do. At last one man passing by on bike stopped, asked me the car keys, got inside and don't know how he managed to take the car out in reverse gear. Amazing thing is that nothing happened to the car. After this incident I am proud of my esteem and thanks to that unknown man who helped me He just handshaked and went away in a hurry, I could not even see his face properly it was so dark there.
Old 13th July 2009, 16:33   #40
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah... ic! I was told it costs 22 lacs (if I recall correct).
That's a fairly big investment. The two main body shops here in BLR have this machine. Don't know about the smaller ones though.
Old 26th October 2012, 20:22   #41
BHPian

Re: Esteem apron bent

Updating this thread after 3 years as for my issue of bent apron I found a good mechanic who did heating and bending method and car then served me well without any issue for 3 years and would have done more if I would have driven it carefully on better roads.

Now one fine day I decided to get the car painted so went to my FNG and enquired the cost. He quoted 15k for full dent paint.

1.What I am changing in this car now:
2.Both left and right apron - 8400 rs
3.Running board both sides - 1000 rs
4.Dash board panel what they say its actually a metal body part which holds steering column. 3000 rs

I was thinking to scrap this car and even my FNG insisted to scrap and offered 20k for the car but the thought of seeing my beloved car getting scraped did not allowed me to do so.

Since rest of the parts are in top notch condition and engine is butter smooth I decided to spend ~ 30k.

Will be posting photos of the work after couple of days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks