Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2008, 11:28   #1
BHPian

Engine issue in IKON 1.6

Hey Guys,

I have a 2004 1.6 nxt.Great drive i must say.But of late the coolant started getting drained every two days.Got it checked out at SC Ford and they checked out the entire line the coolant passes through and changed all worn out parts.they charged me 22k's.I was present the entire time the car was in the workshop.So i no theres no leakage now..but a couple of days later it gets drained again..

The engine now does not start unless cranked 7-8 times..took her back to ford they had a complete check.turns out the compression is not as high as it should be..They also said that the coolant was seeping into the block.thats how its getting drained.Their solution open the head and check it out.But the service rep refused to give me an estimate???the only estimate he was willing to give me was for the head gasket.And also stated wort case senerio change the head...

Rest alls fine checked the harness.cleaned the njectors, fuel pressure is also fine, throttle body looks good.

Does ny one know a good mechanic in mumbai where i can get the head work done.As the FORD A.S.S. is very expensive.I live in Malad.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
Old 22nd December 2008, 17:24   #2
BHPian

It would be advisable to get it fixed from an authorized service center even though they may be expensive as Ford OEM parts are not available in the market. Even if you do find a good mechanic for an ikon (from my experience that will be hard to find), he will have to make do with non OEM parts from Taiwan/ Thailand which might not be upto mark or even cause some other damage after a while.

However, you might want to consult a good mechanic (if you do manage to find one) to double check if it's really the head that needs work or if Ford dealer is just trying to fleece you. If you are sure that it's the head, get it done from an authorized center.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks