Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2008, 02:15   #1
BHPian

Hyundai Santro Labour Charges??

Guys, today I had given my santro xing for servicing because while changing gears there was a lot of sound coming. The authorised service centre told me that the clutch needed to be changed immediately. He gave an estimate of Rs. 4200 for doing the clutch work and Rs. 2300 (All excluding 12.5% tax) for general servicing.

I found out from other two authorised service centres that the cost for doing the clutch work was Rs. 3500 inclusive of everything. I called up Hyundai customer care and the executive told me that it may vary from service centre to another.

I told the concerned service centre about the price charged by the other two and the person replied that they have opened and seen. There are some more things to be added.

I said fine go ahead with the work. When I went to take the delivery of the car in the evening and saw the break up of the costs, the high labour costs surprised me.

So guys, I want you to see the breakup and advice me whether the labour costs are justified ( I personalyl feel they are quite high). Has the authorised centre ripped me off?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Santro Labour Charges??-dsc01769.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2008, 12:19   #2
BHPian

Practically I Dont think there is a way of knowing the exact Labour or Parts charges being charged by the Authorized Service Centre, as they always have one or the other excuse that your problem is more serious than the regular problems as the dealer said in this case, Also my experince with Skoda was not very satisfactory either as they charged me Rs. 1300/- for just refitting the Turbo Pipe on my RS that had slipped of the hose, there excuse, standard price for Turbo related work. Any of you guys have any suggestions for verifying the Rates please do let us know.
Old 23rd December 2008, 15:18   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpit View Post
Practically I Dont think there is a way of knowing the exact Labour or Parts charges being charged by the Authorized Service Centre, as they always have one or the other excuse that your problem is more serious than the regular problems as the dealer said in this case, Also my experince with Skoda was not very satisfactory either as they charged me Rs. 1300/- for just refitting the Turbo Pipe on my RS that had slipped of the hose, there excuse, standard price for Turbo related work. Any of you guys have any suggestions for verifying the Rates please do let us know.
Yes brother. You are right about not knowing the exact labour or part charge, but my charges and your skoda charges look seem to be quite high. That is why I wanted someone who has idea of or has his own workshop, might be able to advice better.

Where I made a mistake was by not ascertaining the labour costs before giving the car for service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks