Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2008, 23:11   #1

Baleno's clutch plates are damaged...

My 2006 Baleno has done 22000kms and I got the shock of my life when my clutch plates got damaged last week. I had to get them replaced .
My driving style is little rash with a lot of ripping at lower gears. But is this the cause for premature wear of the clutch assembly ?? I also got to know that Baleno's clutch assembly is very delicate. Can someone shed some light on this issue
Old 25th December 2008, 01:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

i don't think so.! I have seen baleno clutch lasting 55k.

Your driving style may be the reason. You are lucky that it lasted 22k kms.
Old 26th December 2008, 09:20   #3
BHPian

my baleno has done 33000 km, no problems with the clutch.
Old 26th December 2008, 10:38   #4
BHPian

Balenos clutch is not delicate at all. My baleno LXI has done 23K and the clutch still feels like new. Point is if you slip your clutch during lauches, it is supposed to get fried dear. So point is buddy ripping is good, but dont slip your clutches during launches.
Old 26th December 2008, 10:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Its not ripping that leads to less life of clutch, its slipping of clutch. Ripping cannot be such an issue. Knowingly or unknowingly, there is a bit of clutch slippage from you side, may be that's why. With ripping,lets say you can at the most lose 5-7K kms. Baleno, if driven in sedately manner can go 50K kms + without replacement of clutch. Baleno's clutch assembly is not weak or of poor quality.
Old 26th December 2008, 12:02   #6
BHPian

I have run around 33k on my stock clutch. My car is far from stock and I do love to rev out. My clutch is not slipping through the rev range. I dont know how long it will hold, but should see another 5 or 6k atleast.

Clutch abuse will see it getting damaged. 1st gear drag launches, slipping the clutch to get into power band, botched gear shifts will damage the clutch. It also helps if you go easy in the 1st gear.

Most Viewed