Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2008, 12:23   #1
BHPian

Swift Airconditioning performance

On my Swift VXI I have found the level of cooling of the A.C very poor when the vehicle is idling and this improved to satisfactory levels only around 60 kmph speeds and on 3rd gear onwards. This has been observed from the very beginning.

Yesterday for some reasons I had to employ a driver for a long distance who is experienced with different cars ranging from Accent/Innova to an 800. He had recently driven a Swift DDI too. He says this poor cooling is not observed even in Swift DDI. He suggested getting my vehicle checked up .

So wanted to confirm whether this is a specific problem with my car or would there be this issue specific to Swift petrols, the way the engine is configured ??
Old 29th December 2008, 12:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Seems to be a problem specific to your vehicle. The VXi that we own has no issues of this kind. Cooling is pretty effective in our car even at idling.
Old 29th December 2008, 12:54   #3
BHPian

yup,looks like a problem specifically with your vehicle.how old is your vehicle BTW?
Old 29th December 2008, 13:02   #4
Team-BHP Support

Check your AC gas level, might be low and hence the cooling issue, and Swift D has lesser cooling compared to P.

AC will work marginally better while vehicle is moving (read as very marginal) since the cold air draft is better at cooling the radiator sitting in the front grill.
Old 29th December 2008, 14:10   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
yup,looks like a problem specifically with your vehicle.how old is your vehicle BTW?
Vehicle is 2006 August buy. Think I made a mistake of not taking the issue seriously during waranty period. Realised it badly only when got stuck in a big traffic jam near Sion flyover at 12 noon yesterday for 45 minutes.
Old 29th December 2008, 14:13   #6
Team-BHP Support

Is the air intake set to recirculate or take in fresh air?
Old 29th December 2008, 15:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Check your AC gas level, might be low and hence the cooling issue, and Swift D has lesser cooling compared to P.
Swift has anyways what I personally consider a crap AC. Don't see much problem - it is inferior compared to Santro/innova and the likes. What does a checkup reveal?
Old 29th December 2008, 15:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Swift has anyways what I personally consider a crap AC. Don't see much problem - it is inferior compared to Santro/innova and the likes. What does a checkup reveal?
What makes you say that is a crap A/C?
Old 29th December 2008, 16:06   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Is the air intake set to recirculate or take in fresh air?
It was on recirculate mode and thus not allowing the hotter outside air in.

As regards Swift A/c being crap, the intention of posting all this here was to get a confirmation on that account from fellow Swift owners. But from posts upto now, my problem still looks to be an isolated case !!
Old 29th December 2008, 17:32   #10
Senior - BHPian

Umm Vikram, with an Alto, Indica Xeta for comparison within family, and Santro (what an AC) among close friends, I have concurred the same. Have TDed some 5 other new VDis at Competent/my orig dealer but similar AC. And after a recent TD (of 2 cars) of A* ZXi, I have reinforced my belief that Maruti cars have crap ACs. Alto has an okay AC for its size, but you feel the pickup drop.

What makes you think otherwise?
Old 29th December 2008, 17:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

What makes me think otherwise is the fact that I own 2 Swift ZXi's, 1 VXi and 1 VDi/ABS. I have never found the Swift A/c lacking. Yes I did find the Esteem A/c and the M800 A/c lacking. But definitely not the swift. Ditto goes for the SX4 also. The newer gen Suzuki A/c are pretty good when compared to the older ones. Have not experienced the A-Star as yet.
Old 29th December 2008, 18:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

Aww, looks like my lemon run continues

No seriously - you honestly believe that Swift AC is better than Indica AC or Santro AC?

PS: How about changing your ID to RattleSnake Charmed - fits the Swift fleet
Old 29th December 2008, 18:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

Santro - Yes, swift is better (owned one santro too, used for over 1.4L kms).

Indica - no idea, never sat in one.
Old 29th December 2008, 19:16   #14
BHPian

[quote=Jaggu;1109367]Check your AC gas level, might be low and hence the cooling issue, and Swift D has lesser cooling compared to P.

Jaggu just out of curiosity is there any technical reasons as to why the AC is inferior in Swift diesel when compared to the petrol counterpart.

From my limited knowledge i thought the AC's are same in both Petrol and Deisel Swifts.Please correct me if Iam wrong.
Old 29th December 2008, 22:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

I totally Agree with vikram here, I own a Vxi Swift and find the AC to be very effective. Get your AC checked, Must be a problem with your vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks