Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 08:22   #1
BHPian

Jerks In Santro

Hi Friends,

I am experiencing jerks in my santro at both slow & high speed. Even if I am driving in top gear, while pressing on gas, car suddenly gives jerks (although they are mild currently, but might grow to bigger if I ignore). Please advice why this happens.

Does it any way connected to batterry??? Because during my recent service in Sept 08, Huyndai service centre informed me to change battery cables stating they are duplicate, however I insisted since they are not giving much of trouble, so please dont change as it was costing 2500/-.

Please advice. Thank you and wishing everyone a very happy 2009.
Old 30th December 2008, 13:56   #2
BHPian

Are the air filters clean? Is the idle stable? Does the engine respond smoothly while you race it at no load? Check for the injection and spark timing using an ECU diagnostic tool available with any of the nearest service centres? Rarely could be also because of blocked injectors. Do you suspect any leak in the throttle body? Leaks in the throttle body leads to disturbed air pressures inside the manifold and hence the fuel injected will be affected too.

If the vehicle is new and the you believe that your driving style would'nt have caused much clutch wear out, then you can ignore the meachnical aspect of such jerks.
Old 30th December 2008, 16:05   #3
BHPian

First time when i read the heading, I thought you were explaining some bad experiences that you had on the road. "Jerks" In Santro.
Old 30th December 2008, 16:11   #4
BHPian

Hi, thanks for your response. I will have to check for air filters. Idle is pretty stable. Engine responds smoothly while I race, however tone sounds a little changed from what I had got immediately after service and now after three months time. I will have other points mentioned by you double checked. I dont see any leak in throttle as such.
Old 30th December 2008, 16:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Check the air filter and fuel filter.
Its either ignition or fuel system problem.
Also clean the injectors. Poor quality fuel used overtime also lead to clogged injectors.
Also get the car checked for proper ignition. It also possible that ignition is not proper.
Old 30th December 2008, 17:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

add to it , Chek for worn out spark plug wires, this might also cause jerks.
Old 31st December 2008, 19:33   #7
BHPian

thank you guys for feedback.

I will surely check on various points mentioned by you all and further update you. One thought bothering me, is vibration car has developed which pretty noticeable now (or am I observing too minutely???!!!) which I guess linked to this issue only?!

Anyways...wishing you all a very happy 2009.
Old 31st December 2008, 20:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Jerks...put System G @1ml/ltr of petrol, its a dirty injector. Get your next fill from a reliable pump.
Old 1st January 2009, 09:42   #9
BHPian

hello dadu,

what's System G? I have been fueling my santro with speed for 99% of times and I ensure i fuel from same petrol pump always. Can I get System G at petrol pumps easily?

Most Viewed