Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2009, 23:10   #1

IKON Nxt Suggestions

Hi,

Guys. I wanted to Upgrade a few things on My Ikon NXT. Please advise me the OEM manufacturer and where I can find upgraded parts in Delhi.
  • Suspension Systems- Need to upgrade the old ones, Would KONI sport be a good choice- would the ride quality increase or be compromised.
  • Fog Lamps- I know the OEM is LUMAX- But I cannot find LUMAX lights available aftermarket, only chinese makes. The *** advises that it will cost INR 5000 per piece.
  • Disc Brake Pads-OEM-TVS. Would it be advisable to purchase the pads aftermarket or should I go ahead with OEM merchandise-I have tried scouting for TVS brake pads but no one is able to advise me for Ikon.
Is it advisable to do the above mentioned upgrades aftermarket or should I go ahead with the expensive *** quotes.

PS- Wolfinstein and I just managed to clock 185 KMPH on Jaipur-Ajmer Highway. ( Thanks to Wolf's Lancer- Def not his XETA)

Khallasbhai!!!
Old 12th January 2009, 01:54   #2
BHPian

As far as I know, FORD OEM parts are only available with the authorized service centers, you can't buy OEM parts else where. However you may be able to source after market parts in certain places but the quality of these parts is suspect.

Avoid chinese after market parts at all costs, I know of several cases where ikon owners bought chinese parts since they were much cheaper as compared to FORD OEM parts only to regret it soon as they didn't last even a couple of weeks.

I'm not even sure if KONI has something that is a retro fit for an ikon. But if you do manage to find something that can be used on the ikon, your handling will improve but the ride quality will suffer as compared to stock suspension.

My suggestion is that unless you are really strapped for cash, go with FORD OEM parts from the dealer.
Old 12th January 2009, 08:39   #3
Team-BHP Support

Khallasbhai, are you sure the OEM fogs cost Rs.5000/- per piece? mail4loys has posted the breakup of his invoice when his car was repaired following an accident. Check in there if fog lamps was also included. I am pretty sure it doesnt cost so much.
Old 12th January 2009, 08:55   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Khallasbhai, are you sure the OEM fogs cost Rs.5000/- per piece? mail4loys has posted the breakup of his invoice when his car was repaired following an accident. Check in there if fog lamps was also included. I am pretty sure it doesnt cost so much.
Yes, as Ben has pointed out 5K is way too high. I got the quote of Rs.2062 for 2 fog lamps (check this post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1066610). This price was in the start of Dec, so i dont think there would be any bigger variation to this.
Old 12th January 2009, 19:01   #5
BHPian

koni's for the ikon? i'm curious to know how it goes. i don't know what's available through the resellers here but i'm sure they must be having something for the UK fiesta mk5 which is quite similar to the indian ikon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks