Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 15:26   #46
Team-BHP Support

Minor error code resgistered, you can check by connecting a scanner, it can be as minor as a loose connector. Once attended to get the error code cleaned and it will be back to normal.
Old 29th November 2012, 16:03   #47
BHPian

Re: Swift DDIS Engine Starting Problem

I had a similar problem with my swift dzire VDi. It was a loose jubilee clip on the air intake.
Old 8th December 2012, 22:48   #48
Senior - BHPian

I tried starting my swift ddis today evening but it didn't like it was low on battery. All the lights came up as soon as I had turned the ignition key to on but the fuel tank gauge didn't budge.

The oil and service light came and went off like usual but the fuel tank gauge stayed where it was (like how it is when the car is off).

The car is a May 2010 purchase so not sure if it's a battery issue this soon or some connection loose somewhere.

I came back from a 100 km highway drive yesterday and today evening was when I tried to crank it after that.

Does the fuel gauge/needle not moving give any hint to anybody?

Mods: I'd incorrectly posted this in another ownership thread. Request you to delete it from there, thanks.
Old 8th December 2012, 22:56   #49
Team-BHP Support

So car did not start, as in the starter is turning and engine not firing up? OR starter itself is not functioning?

If its latter, its battery related. So start with the clamps to wiring and then finally battery. If its cranking and not starting, i would suggest calling service asap. Since fuel gauge is also not working need to rule out a fuel line leak. Winter time you never know what the rodents were upto.
Old 8th December 2012, 23:32   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
So car did not start, as in the starter is turning and engine not firing up? OR starter itself is not functioning?
When I take the key to On position, all lights come up except for fuel gauge movement. Then I try to crank the engine and there's that series of jolts going to the engine, as in it tries to wake up but just can't. Then onwards, more attempts to crank mean the jolts getting milder and then finally dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
If its latter, its battery related. So start with the clamps to wiring and then finally battery. If its cranking and not starting, i would suggest calling service asap. Since fuel gauge is also not working need to rule out a fuel line leak. Winter time you never know what the rodents were upto.
Will try to get the FNG (Friendly Neighbourhood Garage) guy and check out everything in the morning tomorrow. Wanted to post it here to see whether there's something I can do by myself. Physically I don't see anything wrong in the underbody or engine bay, probably only the mechanic can help here.
Old 9th December 2012, 12:53   #51
Senior - BHPian

It turned out to be a battery issue. Got Sukam's NS70L battery for 3950 + 100 labour, total of 4050 (inclusive of returing old battery).

Was quoted 5072 by M.A.S.S so 4050 sounded like a sweet deal.

Exide & Amaron both were ~200-300 bucks more but their warranty period was less.

Sukam's warranty is 24+24, Exide was 18+18 and Amaron flat 18 (IIRC) or 24 maybe.
Old 18th December 2012, 21:46   #52
BHPian

Hi
On my swift vdi the spanner on car yellow dash light is continuously lit, even after starting the car. What does it mean.
Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 22:08   #53
BHPian

You need to take your car to m.a.s.s the spanner sign indicates service related issue and can be narrowed down using the scanner.
Once identified the issue can be rectified and error cleared.
Old 18th December 2012, 22:48   #54
BHPian

Seems my April10 Swift Vdi is also showing signs of weak battery. When cranked at times, mostly between long trips, starter motor runs, but engine doesnt turn on. In second attempt it will be through. No issue when cranked in morning. I will take to M.A.S.S and confirm battery issue before changing.
Old 2nd January 2013, 18:30   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
It turned out to be a battery issue. Got Sukam's NS70L battery for 3950 + 100 labour, total of 4050 (inclusive of returing old battery).
Is this a DIN battery. I believe they're the ones for ddis engines.
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:16   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanarmy View Post

Is this a DIN battery. I believe they're the ones for ddis engines.
Not sure, anything that you want me to share from the product card or warranty card that would help you?
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:10   #57
Senior - BHPian

So from the old posts in this thread it looks like the Car+Spanner light coming on and staying lit until we crank the engine is an indication of a minor error, is it?

Since the last 3 months I'm taking the car out only on weekends and for the past 2 weeks the car+spanner light comes on and stays lit until I crank. I called up my regular mechanic and he says that it isn't anything to worry about unless this light stays on after starting the engine.

Now the question is that the M.A.S.S guys would connect their diagnostic tool and check for error codes but is it possible that they simply remove the error without actually rectifying the problem origin. I just want to be sure what to check when I take it to M.A.S.S this weekend.
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:38   #58
BANNED

Quote:
So from the old posts in this thread it looks like the Car+Spanner light coming on and staying lit until we crank the engine is an indication of a minor error, is it?
The Car+Spanner light is SVS light. In other words, Service your Car Soon.

Quote:
Since the last 3 months I'm taking the car out only on weekends and for the past 2 weeks the car+spanner light comes on and stays lit until I crank. I called up my regular mechanic and he says that it isn't anything to worry about unless this light stays on after starting the engine.
This light will come upon ignition and should go away after the engine starts but if it remains there is nothing alarming as to not drive the car around.

Quote:
Now the question is that the M.A.S.S guys would connect their diagnostic tool and check for error codes but is it possible that they simply remove the error without actually rectifying the problem origin.
Take the car to MASS and they will hook up their SDT (Suzuki Diagnostic Tool - Suzuki's OBD 2 reader) and clear that code after which things must be normal. The light will come up again when the 'next service' is due.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 12:33   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The Car+Spanner light is SVS light. In other words, Service your Car Soon.
Any idea how the car computer determines that I need to get the vehicle serviced? Reason I ask is because I'm one of those who change oil and oil filter every 5k interval so curious to know how the ECM decides when to get the car serviced? Is it time-based, odo-based or something else?
Old 24th April 2014, 15:32   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Any idea how the car computer determines that I need to get the vehicle serviced? Reason I ask is because I'm one of those who change oil and oil filter every 5k interval so curious to know how the ECM decides when to get the car serviced? Is it time-based, odo-based or something else?
Even I am curious but I guess it is both odometer and time based which the ECU calculates.

I am one if those who change oil every 10K kms but that change is done every 3 months. I drive 110 kms a day so 3300 kms a month.

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks