Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2009, 11:13   #1
BHPian

Spooky Indica Turbo-need experts help!!!

Dear Pals,
It’s a great interactive site and I am regular visitor. I am from Noida. I need your help to get the answer of this issue;

I have an Indica V2 TCIC DlG, 2006 model. The car has a peculiar problem, the horn, indicator lights and the radiator fan fuses repeatedly getting blown off since last one year. Each time the TATA service station guys ( I have visited almost all in south Delhi & Noida) changes the fuse and gives various explanation ranging from loose wire, horn short circuit ( I use only Bosch horns) or wrong fuse been fitted.

But I don’t understand why the problem can not be permanently solved. I also got the wiring checked and it was found OK. The problem also occurs in a typical manner, for example first the horn will stop working when the car is running. But after the engine is stopped for 10-15 minutes, it will resume working. This will go for a couple of days before the horn will permanently stop working.

Similarly, the AC compressor suddenly stops working when the car is on move and the blower is working. After blowing non-cooled air for 25-30 minutes, it will resume. This will go on for some time and then first the radiator fan fuse blows and then the ac compressor clutch magnet relay blows off. The indicator lights go off when the hazard light switch is on for some time. Many times, after starting the engine, none of the accessories (head lamp, power window, horn etc) works. If the engine is switched off and on again, everything starts working again.

I have checked the battery, its ok, the alternator is also ok. I have been utterly disturbed with these nagging problems, and yet to find any satisfactory answer from any TATA service station in Delhi. I am planning to take the matter up with TATA Motors, but before that if any one of you can enlighten me on what’s happening in my car I shall be very much grateful.

Sharbendu

Last edited by v12 : 15th January 2009 at 14:22.
Old 15th January 2009, 12:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

try the TIUG - you might get some useful help there too
Old 15th January 2009, 14:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

That really looks like an electrical problem only.

Since you have exhausted the local service stations, check this message.

Yahoo! Groups

The message is about Sameer Motors, Karnal. TIUG members in Delhi / NCR area do regularly visit this place for service.

Talk to them and see if they can help you.

I am too far away to offer other than this!
Old 15th January 2009, 14:47   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Get in touch with Tata Motors and push for a brand new wiring harness. It is obviously a case of electrical wiring gone wrong at the time of production. However, get the new harness installed at another (more competent) dealer.
Old 15th January 2009, 15:39   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Get in touch with Tata Motors and push for a brand new wiring harness. It is obviously a case of electrical wiring gone wrong at the time of production. However, get the new harness installed at another (more competent) dealer.
Hi GTO,
thanks for your suggestion. However the harness was actually changed in 2007, when the first time the AC compressor clutch magnet relay got blown. The car was under warranty, and the dealer got the harness from pune and took whole 10 days to fit it.
Old 15th January 2009, 16:14   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

In that case, he has done a terrible job. Please look for another dealer!
Old 15th January 2009, 23:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

If the harness was changed they service guy must have screwed up some place and wrong or loose connection some place.
Also get the rad fan motor checked, the motor many have worn bushes and this loads the motor, which in turns pulls more amps than allowed and since the rad fan and compressor is on one circuit[for protection form over heating] the fuses blow in sequence.
Also the situation with the compressor switching off and turning on is due to a loose relay or a defective relay[common problem], the compressor relay is separate from the blower relay.
Old 16th January 2009, 01:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

I had similar problems with my indica (long gone now)

The fuse box actually melted and the plastic bit fused together!! The whole fuse box was changed (at my cost :( )

All problems were solved when the car earthing was checked. Apparently there was some major problem with earthing and on solving that all electrical problems went away.

p.s. I am only telling you what my dealer told me... I have no idea about its genuineness...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks