Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2009, 21:17   #1
BHPian

Security film for Verna

Do we have a option of Security film in delhi ??? Asking because yesterday night thives attacked 10 cars in our colony with the same pattern. They cut the rear side window of cars with glass cutter and stole all the stuff.

As i am worried for my new Verna , please suggest me a option of a security film available in delhi ???? i only have a option of llumar security film , available at gyro at 15k. so should i install that or i have any other better alternative ????

Waiting ......
Old 20th January 2009, 21:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Security Film.
I dont think they are secure enough.

Every theif will have a crack of whatever you do.Else they will break the glass of your car.

Best is to get it under cover and remove everything from your car before saying good bye to it.
Old 20th January 2009, 21:52   #3
BHPian

Isnt the security film supposed to hamper the breaking of glass into thousands of pieces on impact? How does that save the car from being opened by thieves?
Old 20th January 2009, 22:27   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkonfig View Post
Isnt the security film supposed to hamper the breaking of glass into thousands of pieces on impact? How does that save the car from being opened by thieves?
yes sir ,it does . but i want to know that is it so tough to prevent the cutting of glass from outside ???
Old 20th January 2009, 22:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

No it's not. If the thing can cut glass, it can cut the film without any effort.
Old 21st January 2009, 09:20   #6
BHPian

so you say that it wont prevent cutting of glass from outside ???
Old 21st January 2009, 09:26   #7
Team-BHP Support

Nothing can stop a well-equipped thief. Just eliminate the temptation by not keeping expensive stuff in the car.
Old 21st January 2009, 09:33   #8
Team-BHP Support

There is indeed a security film available. It's a much thicker film which has a metallic composition in between. It's main function is that when someone smashes the glass it will not disintegrate and fall inside the cabin. The film actually keeps the window intact unless smashed multiple number of times. Even though the thief has smashed the window he still has no access to the inside.

There is one disadvantage to this film though, because of the metallic composition cell phone signal becomes very weak in the car almost nil. I've sat in a car with the security film and it would never pick up cell phone reception is the windows were up.
Old 21st January 2009, 11:19   #9
BHPian

spending 15 k is not going to solve your purpose , all cars have something known as the quarter glass, this is the most vulnerable part in any car and since it is not wired its the first place that thieves attack , as this glass can easily be removed either by removing the rubber sealing or using a diamond glass cutter.Rather than spending 15 k on the film , get insurance of accessories instead.
Old 21st January 2009, 11:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

Keep the car dirty and stinking
never take it for a wash

and you might be able to keep thieves at bay,or maybe you can have a dog sleeping in your car at night.

seriously,there seem to be no viable option to save your car if thieves has easy access to it.

Best would be to hire a security guard pay him 4-5k and he'll protect cars of your colony.
Nobody will mind paying 400-500Rs/month to save your car or valuables.
Old 21st January 2009, 12:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

I believe some of the Anti-theft / remote locking systems come with motion sensors that can be installed inside the car. In case of a break, it activates the alarm.

Even this is at most a deterant. As someone mentioned earlier, the best option is :

- not to put anything of value inside the car,
- remove the faceplate of the music system or install the JVC 'stealth' black HU so that it does not show.
- Install wheel locking nuts on all 4 wheels, so that they cant be stolen.
- Install a gear lock
- wheel cuffs on one wheel to prevent anyone driving away!
- Put a cover on the car when parked outside with a "beware of snakes" sticker on it.
Old 21st January 2009, 12:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
I believe some of the Anti-theft / remote locking systems come with motion sensors that can be installed inside the car. In case of a break, it activates the alarm.
That would be the best option, install motion/ touch sensitive alarm system.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks