Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2009, 16:05   #1
BANNED

What is Electro Pneumatic Switch ?

In the description it's said that it helps to "Operate Air Horn very much like Electric Horn". So is this a simple switch that helps to change between Electric & Air Horn ?

Roots Auto Products Private Limited - Products - Switches

Old 22nd January 2009, 16:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

It is just a switch to operate air-horn by the "push of a button"(instead of pressing a lever[like seen in buses]) just like operating a regular electric horn. The horn button will be connected to the electro-pneumatic switch.

When the horn button is pressed,the solenoid in the electro-pneumatic switch is energized, causing the valve connected to it to open, which releases compressed air to the horn trumpets.

Last edited by badboyscad : 22nd January 2009 at 16:41.
Old 22nd January 2009, 16:39   #3
BANNED

Hmmm... I have seen such "buttons" near the steering wheels, which in turn control a separate unit hidden away under the hood. I think it is the unit which goes under the hood which is called the "electro pneumatic switch" then?

The "buttion" thingie - have sometimes put it to better use as a push start button. On heavy vehicle, long time back.
Old 22nd January 2009, 17:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I think it is the unit which goes under the hood which is called the "electro pneumatic switch" then?
Yes, the electro-pneumatic switch goes under the hood and close to the air-horn unit.
Old 23rd January 2009, 15:35   #5
BANNED

I've seen cars which is fitted with air horns in which they blow the horn by pressing the steering button like normal stock horns. So that means all those cars are fitted with this switch ?

Anyway, what would be the cost for this switch ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks