Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2009, 02:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Does not compute.

If you aren't supposed to use them, then they won't put them there in the first place. Even if you argue that the switches are there to let people use the locks in case they aren't centrally locked, it is a trivial job to disable the locks from working entirely when centrally locked if they can engineer them to be actuated electronically in the first place.

In other words, whoever told you that was...
Actually, this is not a valid argument. The knobs to unlock the door is present on each door for use during an emergency (accident, passenger being abducted, etc). Disabling them entirely would negate this benefit. Like having a locked fire escape when the building's on fire.

This is not to say that I know what is right, but I have always unlocked and locked the car using central locking even if a passenger is hopping out.
Old 31st January 2009, 06:30   #17
BANNED

Well in Central Locking systems in car the door is opened or closed electro-mechanically that is current is supplied to a coil which pop up or down the locking mechanism .
So i believe doing it manually ( not using the charged system the master unit on driver side) puts strain on the coil/ relay setup thus shortening its life.
May be i am wrong but this i believe is possible based on nature of electrical circuits.
Old 2nd February 2009, 14:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

If you mean a simple electromagnetic actuator system like the ones in the ancient calling bells, you are wrong. Manually pushing the actuated rod when the coil isn't powered won't cause any wear and tear on the coil.
Old 3rd February 2009, 22:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Well in Central Locking systems in car the door is opened or closed electro-mechanically that is current is supplied to a coil which pop up or down the locking mechanism .
So i believe doing it manually ( not using the charged system the master unit on driver side) puts strain on the coil/ relay setup thus shortening its life.
May be i am wrong but this i believe is possible based on nature of electrical circuits.
Appreciate the thought you have put in but sorry not true. Actuator will not get affected.
Old 21st August 2010, 11:04   #20
BHPian

I searched but couldn't manage to find an appropriate thread, even though I posted in my ownership thread but thought better to post in the technical forum to clear my query.

In my car Central Locking is present (manual and not remote or 3rd party accessory). As soon as I Centrally Lock all the four doors using the Car Key - ALL 4 doors gets locked and a RED Colour LED starts blinking. This LED blinks continuously till the next time car is unlocked (after 2 minutes or 2 days, LED will blink.

First time its happened, I called the dealer and told that it is a security feature and nothing to worry. This is my first car, I am not sure what is this.

Can somebody explain what is this feature/how it works and helpful to car security.
Please refer attached pic :
Attached Thumbnails
Query on Manual Central Locking-polo20100820.jpg  

Old 21st August 2010, 13:31   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't worry. That's the light for the immobilizer. It's normal. Be worried when it doesn't flash.
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:03   #22
BHPian

@ AvonA7: Pardon my ignorance, but which car you own ?

Is this light flashing in all the cars ? even if the system is fitted externally ?
Old 16th September 2013, 14:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query on Manual Central Locking

I am facing a problem with the central locking in my i10 Era. The car came fitted with manual central locking. I also got the Cobra remote locking fitted from the Hyundai Dealership.

Now the problem is that I am not able to manually operate the central locking by using the knob located next to the opening lever. The knob on the driver door seems to be stuck in the open position and won't go to the close position. It moves slightly, but doesn't lock. All the other door knobs are functioning properly.

Funny thing is, the central locking works properly when activated by the auto lock mechanism built into the Cobra remote locking system. Auto unlock also happens properly when the car is switched off. Manual unlock is also working, only manual lock is not working.

What could be the issue ?

Rohan
Old 16th September 2013, 15:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
I searched but couldn't manage to find an appropriate thread, even though I posted in my ownership thread but thought better to post in the technical forum to clear my query.
This is normal , nothing to worry about. I had the same thing in my Skoda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
@ AvonA7: Pardon my ignorance, but which car you own ?

Is this light flashing in all the cars ? even if the system is fitted externally ?
Its definitely a Skoda , i would guess possibly a Fabia given where the light is placed in context to the Headlight controls.
Old 16th September 2013, 20:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
This is normal , nothing to worry about. I had the same thing in my Skoda.

Its definitely a Skoda , i would guess possibly a Fabia given where the light is placed in context to the Headlight controls.
You have replied to 3-4 year old posts.

Would appreciate if somebody could help me on the problem mentioned in post # 23.

Rohan
Old 7th April 2015, 14:46   #26
BHPian

Hi All,

Facing a situation with regards to the Autocop Central locking system.

- When I press "Unlock" button, doors get unlocked and then after 5 seconds, Siren starts to buzz.

- When I insert the key into the ignition, Siren starts to buzz.

I noticed that this version of Autocop comes with the stereo protection as well and a cable is hanging nearby stereo.

This could be the culprit.

Can anyone please guide me as to where this cable needs to be attached to the stereo?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks