Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2009, 20:13   #16
BHPian

Always on the floor! Unless you are a taxi-wallah
Old 5th February 2009, 10:51   #17
BHPian

Get used to keeping your foot on the floor unless you are in a situation where you need to half clutch. Otherwise, ALWAYS keep your foot off the clutch pedal, after some time it will become a habit. Learn to exploit the full rev range of your engine.
Old 5th February 2009, 11:07   #18
BHPian

On the dead rest next to the clutch most of the time.Conveniently provided by Hyundai,nifty touch there.Keeping your foot on the clutch even slightly all the time should be avoided.
Old 5th February 2009, 11:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

My Cedia has a nice Footrest Pedal next to the clutch,hence most of the time I rest my left leg on it comfortable and enjoy the drive.shifting from footrest pedal to clutch is a very easy maneouvre on this car.
Old 5th February 2009, 14:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
On the dead rest next to the clutch most of the time.Conveniently provided by Hyundai,nifty touch there.Keeping your foot on the clutch even slightly all the time should be avoided.
Can you post some pics of dead pedal so that I can get it installed too on my spark.
Old 5th February 2009, 15:23   #21
BANNED

Do anything but NEVER ride the clutch, i.e. your foot should be off the clutch pedal. Today more and more cars are coming with a 'dead pedal' for this very purpose. Both my cars have this.
Old 5th February 2009, 15:27   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
Can you post some pics of dead pedal so that I can get it installed too on my spark.
Dead pedal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 6th February 2009, 14:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Fold it beneath your right thigh on long highway drives, keep it anywhere convinient on short city drives but do not put it on the clutch pedal.
Old 6th February 2009, 14:17   #24
BHPian

Dead pedals are great. I have them in my logan and palio. I really wish I could get one installed in my swift but it seems to be a little freakish for an aftermarket accessory so no one seems to have it... Currently keep my leg on the floor to the left of the clutch. I'm pretty used to it now though, was a hickup at first. Besides, I gear check a lot to reduce speeds so I'm used to the whole 'quick on the clutch and quick off the clutch' driving style... Gear checking (and don't go crazy with it) is even great for reducing wear and tear of the engine! (Zahir's advice for ethe day! heheheh)
Old 6th February 2009, 15:55   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I just love dead pedals. I use it to the maximum during cruising speeds and cannot afford to use it while travelling in traffic.

Out of my 2 cars, one (Viva CRDi) has it and another (i10 Kappa) does not have it.
Old 6th February 2009, 16:15   #26
BANNED

I think you can easily rig up a wedge with the height the same as the clutch pedal and fix it. Then you have a home made dead pedal.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2009, 23:20   #27
BHPian

My experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
The Santro used to have a small rest next to the clutch so it was very convenient to keep my left foot there. In the OHC, I just keep it to the left of the clutch, mostly resting on my heel.
A little OT here:
In my experience this was a big nuisance because my shoe used to get cought between this 'rest' and the clutch lever everytime I would declutch.

@ Nitin:
I suggest trying to keep you foot on the floor when not using the clutch.
It may take a little getting used to but the practice will be beneficial for you and the car in the long run.

Cheers,
Ajinkya
Old 7th February 2009, 12:05   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I love dead pedals, but one can't really use them within the city. Atleast not during moderate - rush hour traffic with frequent stop & go driving patterns. On the highway, yes, the dead pedal is a boon.

Do NOT rest your foot on the clutch pedal. The floor it is.

Last edited by GTO : 7th February 2009 at 12:08. Reason: Spell check
Old 7th February 2009, 23:43   #29
BHPian

Can we fix a deadpedal for a wagonr too? I haggle with my feet on the floor, clutch pedal without pressing it, trying to remove my shoe etc. Its not convenient. So, has anyone here done a deadpedal afterfitment for a wagonr?

Also, I always wonder - Why not have a button for a clutch on the gearlever? Clutch is always (mostly) used with the gear & hence can be automatically pressed when shifting gears. OR I always dream of a button shift option like in the formula racers for my car
Old 8th February 2009, 16:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hi null,

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Also, I always wonder - Why not have a button for a clutch on the gearlever? Clutch is always (mostly) used with the gear & hence can be automatically pressed when shifting gears. OR I always dream of a button shift option like in the formula racers for my car
Just what you wanted!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...ch-review.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-automate.html

I had one before in my Indica. Last nown it is working fine in an Alto in Bangalore.

Last edited by trrk : 8th February 2009 at 16:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks