Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2009, 11:01   #1

BMW 3 Series Blu Tooth Sync Issues on I drive

I recently brought a BMW 320D Highline. I got the Blue Tooth Retro Fitted. The Hands Free Works very well but

1. My Contacts database is not listed COMPLETLEY. I guess only a few names in each alphabet is listed this is quite strange.

2. I use a HTC Touch cruise phone and the issue is happening only in this phone where as it sync's very well with my Apple iPhone

3. Is there any way to activate my voice commander through the bluetooth or even for that matter play songs via bluettoth just like how we play it through the hands free head set (it gives us an option to do so in the settings of the phone for the headsets )

Any help would be highly appreicated

Rgds
Mohan
Old 7th February 2009, 19:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

I have heard issues with the Bluetooth Connectivity in HTC Touch before as well.

If your phone supports A2DP Profile , then you can play the songs through it but not sure whether it will work with IDrive.
Old 7th February 2009, 22:46   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cache View Post
I recently brought a BMW 320D Highline. I got the Blue Tooth Retro Fitted. The Hands Free Works very well but

1. My Contacts database is not listed COMPLETLEY. I guess only a few names in each alphabet is listed this is quite strange.

2. I use a HTC Touch cruise phone and the issue is happening only in this phone where as it sync's very well with my Apple iPhone

3. Is there any way to activate my voice commander through the bluetooth or even for that matter play songs via bluettoth just like how we play it through the hands free head set (it gives us an option to do so in the settings of the phone for the headsets )

Any help would be highly appreicated

Rgds
Mohan
See if you can get your phone's firmware updated. HTC should have it on their website. Bluetooth compatibility is notoriously iffy.

Rgds,
Old 9th February 2009, 11:54   #4

Reg. A2Dp

Hi Abhinav,

While I'am not sure if this protocol is supported, but I'am sure I'am able to play them with other blue tooth syncd hands free devices such as the Motorola or the Zimo Hands free.

When they are synched, I can keep listeing to a play list and advance tracks using the keys on the headset and when ever there is an incoming call, it pauses itself and lets me attend or reject the call.

Rgds
Mohan
Old 12th February 2009, 18:50   #5

I have updated the OS to Windows Mobile 6.1 & the firmware too, besides I tried to check it at the show room with a latest 7 series which was on display, alas even there my database was incomplete.

Surprisingly the iphone works very well with all contacts displayed. Abhinav, you were refering to A2DP profile of the phone but it seems like the limitation is in the cars Bluetooth kit.

Most Viewed