Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2005, 08:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

carb zen suspension options?

the front right suspension of my card zen makes squeaking noise when driving over bad patches on the roads...i still have to take it for a check up at the local maruti service centre...i am planning to change the springs to performance springs if they are available...are any of these available here in mumbai..and what are the approximate costs...what other options are possible for a good suspension setup for hard driving in a zen ? guys please help.
Old 3rd May 2005, 12:12   #2
BHPian

hi bro,
You can get diesel zen springs for your front and a pair of monroe gas shocks(gypsy )for your rear. they are the cheapest option for the zenand no mods required to fit them both.you'll be in and out of the garage in an hour! And works pretty good too, but it will rise your ride height by 1 inch.
Old 3rd May 2005, 12:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

but what abt the handling.wont the 1 inch spoil the handling.

Quote:
and a pair of monroe gas shocks(gypsy )for your rear
doesnt the gypsy have leaf springs in the rear????
Old 3rd May 2005, 12:45   #4
BHPian

Till now havent had a problem! went to ooty last week...car was thrashed proper ... some hairy moments like rear wheel lift , but maybe you are right speedsatya, could be dangerous in inexperienced hands. best iis get used to the handling before thrashing. but i felt this setup is good as it still doesnt try to break off the front end even under harsh braking.. not too stiff but still wayyyy better than the crappy stock setup!

yes the gypsy has leaves, but still has dampers bro!!

Last edited by Stage3Monster : 3rd May 2005 at 12:47.
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

agree with stage3...ran the same on my zen and a lot of friends had it too....cheap and best.
else go for a good set of coilovers like zengt...they are awesome but cost a lot
Old 13th May 2005, 09:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the suggestions guys...will get the diesel zen springs for the front and monroe gas shocks for the rear done soon..would also see if any strut bars are available for the zen..any more experiences are welcome.
cheers.
Old 13th May 2005, 11:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot
the front right suspension of my card zen makes squeaking noise when driving over bad patches on the roads

What is your cars Year of Manufacture & how many kilometers it has done. Nothing behind this, just would like to have the info
Old 13th May 2005, 12:03   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
but what abt the handling.wont the 1 inch spoil the handling.

doesnt the gypsy have leaf springs in the rear????
yes leaf springs for the rear. not shocks SpRINGS
hard shocks with leaf springs
Old 13th May 2005, 12:03   #9
BHPian

Heavy foot.. have you done it? How much did it cost? How is the handling and the ride quality now?
Old 13th May 2005, 17:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

still have not enquired about the costs of the zen diesel front shocks and the gypsy rear monroe gas shocks...maybe iceman or stage3monster can help about the costs.
cheers.
Old 13th May 2005, 17:34   #11
BHPian

hey heavy foot where are you these days tried to pm you but your inbox seems to be full
Old 13th May 2005, 17:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

just enquried the rates at automative maruti in nerul..the diesel zen front shocks are at rs 546 per peice and the guys at the service centre said that gypsy does not come with monroe gas shocks in the rear and only oil filled ones are available..he said maybe some local ones would be available elsewhere...can anyone help? does anyone know of some shop who stock monroe gas shocks for the gypsy in mumbai.? and ice how much will the coilovers cost ,any particular brand? is it only for the rear or the front as well.?

hey kooldude me back in cbd ..amit told me how ur esteem flys now. got to check it out soon. dude lets meet up sometime on sunday.
Old 13th May 2005, 18:09   #13
BHPian

tats kool heavyfoot lets call powerfreak too and after u drive my esteem u wont want to drive any other car. amit had gone nuts after driving the car hey give me your yahoo id also will tell u when to meet

Last edited by kooldude : 13th May 2005 at 18:12.
Old 13th May 2005, 19:06   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot
just enquried the rates at automative maruti in nerul..the diesel zen front shocks are at rs 546 per peice and the guys at the service centre said that gypsy does not come with monroe gas shocks in the rear and only oil filled ones are available...
The front is a strut which consists of a spring and a damper. which one did you get the price for? You need a diesel "spring" .........and you can resuse the existing shock/damper. In the rear the shock and spring are separate.
Old 15th May 2005, 11:59   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
What is your cars Year of Manufacture & how many kilometers it has done. Nothing behind this, just would like to have the info
its 1997 about 65,000 kms,

once i read the history ( the evolution ) of the zen and other indian cars on some website i think indiacar.com ..but i cant find it now...does anyone know which website has it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
The front is a strut which consists of a spring and a damper. which one did you get the price for? You need a diesel "spring" .........and you can resuse the existing shock/damper. In the rear the shock and spring are separate.
i asked the rate for the diesel zen front springs.

is there anyother option so that the ride height shouldnt raise after the rear shocks are changed to monroe gas ones..cos i dont want to spoil the zens handling. how much will a coilover setup cost for the zen? will it raise the height?.
cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks