Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2017, 09:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My seat belt is stuck

Learnt something new about a seat belt.

I had bought a seat belt for a Swift first generation from MGP, since the belt
in the car was torn at some places .

Before fitting it , I tried pulling the belt from the retractor and it locked. At first I thought it was the lock mechanism when suddenly yanked. It didn't budge how much ever I tried. Finally took it back to MGP and they were clueless and anyway asked me to fix it first and check since there in no question of a defective piece.

I had to take it to Mandovi motor where I normally give the car for annual service since the bolt that holds the retractor was jammed and I couldn't loosen it. They had no clue about this seat belt locking as well and after an hour of trying ,said the belt is faulty and has to be returned.
Before returning it to MGP, I wanted to try once again since the jammed nut was removed anyway when Mandovi tried.
Fixed the retractor first at the base of the B pillar and in the second try the belt was free.
There is small metal ball inside which needs to be in the right position and I think that is what locks the belt if not. Even if the angle of the retractor when fixed is not correct, the seat belt will not be free.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by tharian : 7th November 2017 at 09:29.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks