Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 12:19   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
a lot of OE stereos have that problem. just have to learn to live with it.
PS : how have you organized the mp3's ? it may depend on that too.
I have a Top End i10 with OEM Music System and i have never faced any issue in reading MP3's .
Old 24th February 2009, 17:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
@ Harsh:- I had asked at the service centre and the service manager of TATA. They have only asked me to stay with clarion or else the warranty would be lost. I actually wanted to change the clarion to the anniversary blaupkunt model but was categorically advised not to change anything. Hence I am now stuck with clarion. Will not want to forgo the warranty for little more better sound.

Regards.
Kailash
Kailash i think this is not the correct information given by him. Many people change their company fitted ones from outside and there warranty wont get shelved.
Can any more members who have knowledge about this shed some light on this?
Old 24th February 2009, 20:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Kailash i think this is not the correct information given by him. Many people change their company fitted ones from outside and there warranty wont get shelved.
Can any more members who have knowledge about this shed some light on this?
Yes I changed my lousy factory supplied Kenwood stereo to the Pioneer. The warranty still exists and it has been more than an year.

I heard the Chevrolet dealer here telling that to my colleague too when he was buying the Aveo UV-A. I think this is a gimmick to scare people off from buying from outside shops so they are able to sell them accessories at almost double the market price.
Old 24th February 2009, 21:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Yes I changed my lousy factory supplied Kenwood stereo to the Pioneer. The warranty still exists and it has been more than an year.

I heard the Chevrolet dealer here telling that to my colleague too when he was buying the Aveo UV-A. I think this is a gimmick to scare people off from buying from outside shops so they are able to sell them accessories at almost double the market price.
Thanks for confirmation abhi. As i suspected its a gimmick so Kailash check with few more people and get it changed on your convenience.
Old 26th February 2009, 16:00   #20
BHPian

Guys I am surprised at quite a few of the problems mentioed above.
1) The clarion unit in my vehicle reads MP3 CD's even faster than Pioneer in my Zen. I feel this could be a problem with the manner in which CD's are burnt & the folders are arranged. I keep all songs, album wise. Hence there is no folder inside another folder. Also I burn the CD's at 32X. Why 32X? Thats because the MP3 player at home simply refuses to read CD if they are burnt anything faster than that.
2) As far as the AC goes, its bloody chilling even during the day time. I have never ever kept the fan speed above 3 & invariably my co-passenger in the front seat has reduced it to 2.
3) Rust on the Disc of a new car is simply unacceptable. Its clear indication of a sub standard product fitted in the car. Please take it to the workshop & insist that it be changed at no cost.
Almost all othe rproblems are being faced by me also. HEHEHEHE.
Old 26th February 2009, 17:42   #21
BHPian

1) Power window motor problems
2) Power window LED stopped working(not much important though)
3) Brakes really not that upto the mark
Old 26th February 2009, 19:09   #22
BHPian

Maverick - I would like to know more about the reason for burning the CD's at 32X as I normally burn it at the fasted available speed i.e 52X. Let me try to do it once.

AC has been a problem during the afternoon, and to be precise I was travelling with 3 person on board including me and the back seat passenger complained of heat saying increase the AC blower speed, I was then at 3 speed.

You are right about the rust on the disc. I am not very happy with this and hence I will take the car to the Showroom on Saturday and discuss this with them. Even I believe that its a clear indication of sub standard product used. But when one of Tbhpian confirmed that this is normal I did not knew what to do.

By the way which service station is the best in Mumbai for Tata cars. I don't mind travelling a little for better customer service and car care.

Thanks for your feedback.

regards,
Kailash

Last edited by kailashnj : 26th February 2009 at 19:10.
Old 26th February 2009, 19:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would like to know more about the reason for burning the CD's at 32X as I normally burn it at the fasted available speed i.e 52X.
DONT! burn it at the lowest speed you can tolerate . I do it at 12~16X.

long story short, writing at slower speeds = deeper/better markings in the CD media, easier reading, longer lasting!

Last edited by greenhorn : 26th February 2009 at 19:34.
Old 26th February 2009, 22:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are right about the rust on the disc. I am not very happy with this and hence I will take the car to the Showroom on Saturday and discuss this with them. Even I believe that its a clear indication of sub standard product used. But when one of Tbhpian confirmed that this is normal I did not knew what to do.

regards,
Kailash
Brake discs are made from cast iron and they will develop a layer of rust when exposed to water. This is normal on any car that uses normal brake discs.

You can upgrade to carbon ceramic discs if you are irritated by this. Expect to pay around 35L for a set of four.
Old 26th February 2009, 23:10   #25
BHPian

The power window switch with light in it brakes off from the top layer leaving just the switch and a glowing light in it.
The Lumbar support lever gets stuck and is not able to move.
The dashboard peels off and has this extreme plasticky stench.
Old 26th February 2009, 23:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Maverick - I would like to know more about the reason for burning the CD's at 32X as I normally burn it at the fasted available speed i.e 52X. Let me try to do it once.

AC has been a problem during the afternoon, and to be precise I was travelling with 3 person on board including me and the back seat passenger complained of heat saying increase the AC blower speed, I was then at 3 speed.

By the way which service station is the best in Mumbai for Tata cars. I don't mind travelling a little for better customer service and car care.

Thanks for your feedback.

regards,
Kailash
Shaman auto..nr siwri
Old 27th February 2009, 01:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

all of this is the same age old tata's way of R&D getting the responses and complaints from the customers and then dealing with them instead of some efforts of their own!

well good luck guys,

see i personnely think the more number of customers complaining about the same kind of issues will get fixed in the next batch or the version and some serious issues like the brakes might be fixed by tata guys for free if the problem is that big a deal or in the next batch and/or version so the best all you guys can do is make sure you write down all your things on the problems small or big at the service center guys each time you visit and more votes will give faster resolution, ask other vista owners to follow the same to get more votes faster simple.

adios amigos! this is where i would put my two paise.
Old 27th February 2009, 05:04   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
1. Screeching sound when breaks are applied. More in the morning. some times during day time also.
2. thud at the back esp. left side when breaks are applied. not always but some times.
3. dickey lock as some one said little flimsy. one feels key may break.
The thud could be the fuel in the tank. My V2 Turbo has that "defect" . This happens only when the tank is about half full on my V2.
Old 27th February 2009, 06:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
The thud could be the fuel in the tank. My V2 Turbo has that "defect" . This happens only when the tank is about half full on my V2.
Is that so? I've always wondered where that sound came from
Old 27th February 2009, 07:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
When we turn the steering wheel full, hydraulic motor makes noise.
All Hy PS makes noise,,depends on the oil used and the pump tolerances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
3) Rust on the Disc of a new car is simply unacceptable. Its clear indication of a sub standard product fitted in the car. Please take it to the workshop & insist that it be changed at no cost.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Brake discs are made from cast iron and they will develop a layer of rust when exposed to water. This is normal on any car that uses normal brake discs.

You can upgrade to carbon ceramic discs if you are irritated by this. Expect to pay around 35L for a set of four.
+1 to that sir!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks