Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2009, 19:50   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
but the difference is , maruti/hyundai mechanics can diagnose and fix these problems.

But for tata cars, we need to point the problems to the mechanics ourselves and tell them what needs to be done. thats why we have a thread for the indica as well.

The car is fine , and probably has a few initial hiccups. like you've said dvinod, swift/i10 have also had their problems - clutches , gearboxes etc, but the manufacturers and service centers were proactive and issued recalls/fixes unobtrusively.

Not quite with tata service centers, and hence the need for this thread.
I think this thread related to the problem of indica vista not about the quality of service centers.
Old 10th March 2009, 21:42   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvinod View Post
if you start a thread - swift/i10/santro list of known problems, you will also get more similar problems. The point is nobody starting these threads because they bought these cars at a premium and they don't want to disclose their problems.
Quote:
I think this thread related to the problem of indica vista not about the quality of service centers.
I was merely pointing out the reason for the existense of this thread, and the possible absence of corresponding thread for other cars , which I felt was different from the ones you'd pointed out
Old 11th March 2009, 00:03   #78

my concern is, threads like indica list of problems/vista list of problems - with so many pages, will make prospective buyers of TATA vehicles to rethink their buying decisions - which is not fair for a good "value for money vehicle".
Old 11th March 2009, 08:44   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if you start a thread - swift/i10/santro list of known problems, you will also get more similar problems. The point is nobody starting these threads because they bought these cars at a premium and they don't want to disclose their problems.
Not a very kind thing to say for the thousands of people who own these cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
but the difference is , maruti/hyundai mechanics can diagnose and fix these problems.

....the manufacturers and service centers were proactive and issued recalls/fixes unobtrusively.
This seems to be a far better explanation.
More car per car also brings more problems per car, LOL!
Old 11th March 2009, 10:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

to be honest. I guess I have a vested interest in tata selling less cars. The sheer volume of cars which flood their service centers is one of the reasons why their ASC's give such crappy service. If there were less of their cars on the road, us existing customers might get better attention

Ideally, the win win situation would be if TASC's would scale up their infrastructure to meet their demands. But that Isnt happening, so till then, we'll have to adjust

Last edited by greenhorn : 11th March 2009 at 10:09.
Old 11th March 2009, 11:20   #81
BHPian

Quote:
my concern is, threads like indica list of problems/vista list of problems - with so many pages, will make prospective buyers of TATA vehicles to rethink their buying decisions - which is not fair for a good "value for money vehicle".
There are 2 kinds of people in this world.
1) Those who do research online before buying a car
2) Those who dont do research online before buying a car

The category 1 might come across this thread, but then they will also do further research and see how many owners have said good things about the car and hence they would know that there are possibilities of getting niggles in the car, so they are better prepared.
If you need tremendous value for money then you should be ready for niggles too and then if you are an auto enthusiast and likes learning about cars then what better way to learn it

The category 2 would any not stumble upon this thread and hence we dont need to care about them

Cheers,
Nitin

Last edited by revhappy : 11th March 2009 at 11:30.
Old 14th March 2009, 09:19   #82
BHPian

Yesterday took my Vista Aqua after one month and 1055kms to the nearby Tata Service Centre. Apart from routine service, two problems had to be corrected. One loose rubber beadings and secondly front right tyre losing 6-10 pounds of air within 3-4 days. They asked about problems faced and I insisted on writing them in the form myself. I asked the service adviser how many of the staff have been trained on Vista. He frankly said three of them are just undergoing training. By evening, they called and when I went to take delivery, the beadings were somewhat reasonably fixed but when enquired about the tyre, to my horror they told that the tyre had a defective nozzle and it was sent for warranty replacement and that the stepney was fixed in its place and that I will get the new one within about 10 days. And that they don't have a spare to give. The Service centre is a very big, well equipped and spacious one but recently started. Also I had ordered another spare key one month back but now they are saying only keys and lock can be changed as a complete set. Also they are saying I should have got 3 nos since my vehicle is not financed, while in fact I received only two. The dealer had told me that any no can be ordered through service centres by giving vehicle details and the number on the plastic tag with the key!
Old 14th March 2009, 10:23   #83
Senior - BHPian

whine about it to tata when they call you from pune !
Old 14th March 2009, 12:17   #84
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
but when enquired about the tyre, to my horror they told that the tyre had a defective nozzle and it was sent for warranty replacement and that the stepney was fixed in its place and that I will get the new one within about 10 days. And that they don't have a spare to give.
Usually you would be asked to contact the tyre manufacturer / dealer for problems related to tyres. So here they have taken the responsibility of that.

Loss of air in a tubeless has to be either a puncture or a defective valve. Can't expect the service centre to have these valves.

Quote:
The dealer had told me that any no can be ordered through service centres by giving vehicle details and the number on the plastic tag with the key!
This is possible and you should get keys only for the existing lock set.

As greenhorn as mentioned, you give your feedback to the Tata guys when you get their call.

You can alternatively write to supportsouth@tatamotors.com or customercare@tatamotors.com, the former reported as not working by some other member.
Old 14th March 2009, 13:09   #85
BHPian

Thanks for the responses. They told that they have examined the tyre in detail taking lot of time and the problem is only leakage from nozzle/valve. If the valve could have been replaced at the nearby Goodyear showroom, they could have told me and I could got it done myself rather than being without a stepney for 10 days!
Old 16th March 2009, 08:24   #86
BHPian

Quote:
they are saying I should have got 3 nos since my vehicle is not financed, while in fact I received only two. The dealer had told me that any no can be ordered through service centres by giving vehicle details and the number on the plastic tag with the key!
Guys is this true about Vista that if your vehicle is financed then you get only 2 keys and if it is not financed then you get 3 keys. Some one kindly throw a light on this aspect at the earliest.

customercare@tatamotors.com is the valid email and the other email does not work.

Thanks,
Kailash

Last edited by kailashnj : 16th March 2009 at 08:26.
Old 16th March 2009, 12:58   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Guys is this true about Vista that if your vehicle is financed then you get only 2 keys and if it is not financed then you get 3 keys. Some one kindly throw a light on this aspect at the earliest.

customercare@tatamotors.com is the valid email and the other email does not work.

Thanks,
Kailash
Hi, I have just clarified with Concorde & they have informed me that Vista comes with 2 keys only. There are 3 keys in the case of the Indigo & the 3rd key has to be surrendered only if the Financer demands the same.
Old 16th March 2009, 14:03   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Hi, I have just clarified with Concorde & they have informed me that Vista comes with 2 keys only. There are 3 keys in the case of the Indigo & the 3rd key has to be surrendered only if the Financer demands the same.
Any info on how to get an additional key or two? For older cars it was just a matter of going to the nearby key duplicator. In fact, my old Uno still has four keys!
Old 16th March 2009, 14:47   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
No. Vista TDi comes with 3 keys. I have received all three.

To be precise, Vistas with Fiat engine (QJet and Saffire) come with 2 keys and Vista with Tata engine (TDi) comes with three keys.
Old 16th March 2009, 17:58   #90
BHPian

I too was told by my dealer that Vista quadrajet comes with 2 keys and indigo comes with 3.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks