Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 19:22   #91
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
customercare@tatamotors.com is the valid email and the other email does not work.
Thanks for confirming! The only time I used, the now non working one was working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Guys is this true about Vista that if your vehicle is financed then you get only 2 keys and if it is not financed then you get 3 keys. Some one kindly throw a light on this aspect at the earliest.
The financier gets one key. About the number of keys, only the dealer can confirm as different models seem to be getting different numbers of keys. Isn't their any info of keys in the user manual?

Last edited by trrk : 16th March 2009 at 19:24.
Old 16th March 2009, 19:28   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
No. Vista TDi comes with 3 keys. I have received all three.

To be precise, Vistas with Fiat engine (QJet and Saffire) come with 2 keys and Vista with Tata engine (TDi) comes with three keys.
Bouncer , does your car have an immobilizer?

It would be weird to give less keys with the higher end variant
Old 16th March 2009, 19:44   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Isn't their any info of keys in the user manual?
My Quadrajet manual does not mention the no. of keys. But page 56 says- c. Note the "key tag no." information (and keep it safe) which is required while getting new/spare keys. Please note that it is not possible to prepare new/spare keys without "key tag no."
Old 17th March 2009, 12:07   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Bouncer , does your car have an immobilizer?

It would be weird to give less keys with the higher end variant
greenhorn, my TDi does not have immobiliser.

Secondly, for number of keys, it's not like higher and lower variant as in Terra, Aqua and Aura. It's about which engine car has. Aqua TDi comes with 3 kays whereas Aqua QJet / Saffire come with 2 keys.

---------------

What's this about financer getting one key? I have got two of my cars financed from SBI and they never asked for any key to be kept with them. Just an RTO endorsement of hypothication on RC.
Old 17th March 2009, 12:14   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
greenhorn, my TDi does not have immobiliser.
maybe thats why. i recall the others had some sort of immobilizer, which need an RFID tagged key.

I thought the number of keys might be linked to the engine , as you emphasized that the TDi comes with 3 keys

Last edited by greenhorn : 17th March 2009 at 12:16.
Old 17th March 2009, 14:04   #96
BHPian

Quote:
maybe thats why. i recall the others had some sort of immobilizer, which need an RFID tagged key.

I thought the number of keys might be linked to the engine , as you emphasized that the TDi comes with 3 keys
But strange that one who pays a higher amount for a better car gets only two!
Old 17th March 2009, 14:40   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
But strange that one who pays a higher amount for a better car gets only two!
janitha: Thats not the case . The ones sold as commercial vehicles (TAXIs) have 3 keys. The possibility of defaulting is heigher here. Thats why the third key.

Last edited by MadRash : 17th March 2009 at 14:42.
Old 17th March 2009, 14:48   #98
Senior - BHPian

but then again, I thought tata didnt want to sell any of the vista variants as taxis !
Old 17th March 2009, 17:55   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday took my Vista Aqua after one month and 1055kms to the nearby Tata Service Centre. Apart from routine service, two problems had to be corrected. One loose rubber beadings and secondly front right tyre losing 6-10 pounds of air within 3-4 days. They asked about problems faced and I insisted on writing them in the form myself. I asked the service adviser how many of the staff have been trained on Vista. He frankly said three of them are just undergoing training. By evening, they called and when I went to take delivery, the beadings were somewhat reasonably fixed but when enquired about the tyre, to my horror they told that the tyre had a defective nozzle and it was sent for warranty replacement and that the stepney was fixed in its place and that I will get the new one within about 10 days. And that they don't have a spare to give.
Am I missing something here or is a defective tyre nozzle a big deal ? I mean it costs perhaps 10 Rs and is available at any tyre dealer - yes its an irritant - seeing that your car tyre has suddenly deflated but would it classify even as a niggle ? Me thinks not!!!

Notwithstanding the defective tyre valve, Tata's Vista (rather like Bill Gates' Windows Vista!) appears to be sprouting niggles all over!! Having had buried my head under my good ole' Sierra's bonnet on weekends (on end!) and learning the practical aspects of automobile mechanics as a bonus in the process, I'm not so sure this obviously lax QC culture will be accepted by buyers especially for the forthcoming Vista sedan version - more sedan per car should not translate into heaps of niggles yet again !

Or then, are we looking at a nice, set predictable pattern - the forthcoming VFM Vista sedan will yet again translate into the usual beta testing and niggles (and enhanced knowledge of automobiles for owners as a bonus)!

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 17th March 2009 at 18:13. Reason: additional point
Old 17th March 2009, 20:02   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Am I missing something here or is a defective tyre nozzle a big deal ? I mean it costs perhaps 10 Rs and is available at any tyre dealer - yes its an irritant - seeing that your car tyre has suddenly deflated but would it classify even as a niggle ? Me thinks not!!!

Notwithstanding the defective tyre valve, Tata's Vista (rather like Bill Gates' Windows Vista!) appears to be sprouting niggles all over!! Having had buried my head under my good ole' Sierra's bonnet on weekends (on end!) and learning the practical aspects of automobile mechanics as a bonus in the process, I'm not so sure this obviously lax QC culture will be accepted by buyers especially for the forthcoming Vista sedan version - more sedan per car should not translate into heaps of niggles yet again !

Or then, are we looking at a nice, set predictable pattern - the forthcoming VFM Vista sedan will yet again translate into the usual beta testing and niggles (and enhanced knowledge of automobiles for owners as a bonus)!
Yesterday, I called them regarding the tyre and was told there is still no update from Goodyear. After some time I had a call from Tata (Puna) enquiring about the quality of service I had. Told them in detail about the tyre issue. I was told it will be taken seriously and solved early. I was also given mail addresses for complaint and phone no of Tata's Regional Officer in case I need. Today afternoon Goodyear's engineer came to the Service Centre and examined the tyre. (which was actually not sent anywhere) He telephoned me and said there is only problem with the valve which could have been fixed within 15 minutes at a cost of >Rs.50/-. I went there and they had got it fixed at a big tyre shop nearby. All of them were apologetic and begged me to sign a letter saying the issues are solved, which they had to scan and mail to Tata today itself. Finally I just told them "Ignorance is Bliss" and translated it to Malayalam.
Old 18th March 2009, 12:43   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
....The ones sold as commercial vehicles (TAXIs) have 3 keys.....
That's some news!

Quote:
but then again, I thought tata didnt want to sell any of the vista variants as taxis !
Yup, Vista's are not sold under taxi registration. Atleast till now. But I wonder why it should not be. If premium cars can be registered as Taxis why not Vista? It's pure VFM in TDi form. One person in my area runs a Swift LDi as a taxi though it's not registered as one. I mean, demand exists.
Old 5th April 2009, 21:49   #102
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have an issue with my Vista.
Whenever I go to the fuel station and ask them to do a tank full, the sensor cuts off when the tank is full but the fuel dispensing gun jags back with force which causes some fuel to spill out of the tank.

This happens everytime and I have tried at different bunks, same result just that the amount of fuel that spills out varies. It doesn't seem to be a major issue yet I hate fuel spilling out of the tank like that.

My car is due for second service and planning to get this fixed. Could you guys please advise as to what part might be causing the issue and whether it could be replaced under warranty?

Cheers,
Nitin
Old 5th April 2009, 23:41   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Hi Guys,

I have an issue with my Vista.
Whenever I go to the fuel station and ask them to do a tank full, the sensor cuts off when the tank is full but the fuel dispensing gun jags back with force which causes some fuel to spill out of the tank.

This happens everytime and I have tried at different bunks, same result just that the amount of fuel that spills out varies. It doesn't seem to be a major issue yet I hate fuel spilling out of the tank like that.

My car is due for second service and planning to get this fixed. Could you guys please advise as to what part might be causing the issue and whether it could be replaced under warranty?

Cheers,
Nitin
Was the issue there in the beginning or cropped up later? After all it is 4000 kms old and should have been refilled minimum of 10 times!
Old 6th April 2009, 11:11   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Was the issue there in the beginning or cropped up later? After all it is 4000 kms old and should have been refilled minimum of 10 times!
This issue has been there from the beginning.
Old 6th April 2009, 13:18   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
This issue has been there from the beginning.
No such problem with my Quadrajet and hence no idea what may be causing it in your case. BTW, recently the lady at my regular pump filled my tank with petrol and had to have it towed to the serivce centre for draining and cleaning. Cost me Rs.750/-.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks