Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2009, 14:50   #1
BHPian

Brake Noise Problem with Verna SX ABS

I have a Verna SX with ABS and it has done 14,000 KMs. For the past one month, whenever I go on highways and do 130+ speeds and when I brake I am getting screeching noise [like the one that you get from some bikes]. This noise will continue for some time [with low speed breaking also] and disappear automatically. This doesn't happen in city driving. It only happens after extended high speed driving.

I complained about this to Hyundai workshop and they cleaned all the four brake pads and said that they didn't find any issue and the noise will not come. But it appeared on my last trip.

I'm planning to visit the workshop this weekend. Did anyone faced this problem earlier?
Old 13th March 2009, 15:22   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varma View Post
I have a Verna SX with ABS and it has done 14,000 KMs. For the past one month, whenever I go on highways and do 130+ speeds and when I brake I am getting screeching noise [like the one that you get from some bikes]. This noise will continue for some time [with low speed breaking also] and disappear automatically. This doesn't happen in city driving. It only happens after extended high speed driving.

I complained about this to Hyundai workshop and they cleaned all the four brake pads and said that they didn't find any issue and the noise will not come. But it appeared on my last trip.

I'm planning to visit the workshop this weekend. Did anyone faced this problem earlier?
Varma, my verna crdi is close to 6 months old. I found a squeaking noise from the brakes when i hit the brakes at certain speeds. First that guy said it might be dirt or stones getting caught and cleaned it but the problem persisted. He then opened up the tires and increased the gap between the pin and the disc brake which fits onto the pin. HE mentioned that if you get a screeching sound then it would mean that the pin is probably hitting the disc brakes and is not always a good sign. My technical explanation is very poor, perhaps an expert can enlighten us better. But yes, I do believe that you should have your brake pads checked and replaecd if they are wearing out or something.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks