Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2016, 15:03   #301
BHPian

Re: Fiat Palio MJD - Known Problems

Folks need some help here...

My Palio's driver side window was smashed by some miscreants last night in HSR layout sector 6. The car was parked in a well lit but with very little traffic / pedestrian movement. Nothing was stolen or damaged but the glass was broken using a lot of force as it had shattered to almost every part of the car. It still baffles me as to why someone will break and not take anything else from the car!

Anyway the bigger problem is sourcing the glass... none of the service centers seems to be carrying stock of this item. 99rpm will take atleast a week and with a fairly long weekend coming up next week, I'm sure the car can be fixed only after another 15 days. I cannot wait that long!!

Can anyone help with contacts of folks who can fix this for me?
Thanks in advance!
Old 21st October 2016, 20:18   #302
h14
BHPian

Sorry about this incident! Why don't you try in the scrap market? All variants of palio have same door glass and hence you can try.

Also the design of the door glass is such that they shatter into small pieces. This is for passenger safety wherein if the glass pieces are big or sharp it will inflict wounds in times of a crash.
Old 22nd October 2016, 10:20   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav View Post
Folks need some help here...

My Palio's driver side window was smashed by some miscreants last night in HSR layout sector 6. The car was parked in a well lit but with very little traffic / pedestrian movement. Nothing was stolen or damaged but the glass was broken using a lot of force as it had shattered to almost every part of the car. It still baffles me as to why someone will break and not take anything else from the car!

Anyway the bigger problem is sourcing the glass... none of the service centers seems to be carrying stock of this item. 99rpm will take atleast a week and with a fairly long weekend coming up next week, I'm sure the car can be fixed only after another 15 days. I cannot wait that long!!

Can anyone help with contacts of folks who can fix this for me?
Thanks in advance!
Visit JC Road, you should get it there.

One of the contact is Star Glass - 9916683165

Regards,
SR
Old 22nd October 2016, 13:22   #304
Senior - BHPian

In addition to what others have suggested, do try contacting Winshield Experts. They may have stock as well, as they usually stock window glasses too.
Old 23rd October 2016, 13:31   #305
BHPian

Thanks for all your help.

I tried our trusted service centers and the got the expected answer that they don't have stock and it would take a minimum of 7 working days to get this from Fiat and with a holiday weekend this could be around 12 days at least. Tried windshield experts and some other names I could find on JustDial... no luck.

I called Venkatesh (Gowri motors) as suggested by Paresh. Venkatesh was unsure if he can source the glass. He however got back with in two hours saying that there is someone who has stock of the glass but is asking around 2K for it. The price of the glass is around Rs.1200 according to Fiat. Anyway since it was readily available I agreed and got the glass replaced yesterday. Venkatesh and his team worked on it promptly and the whole thing was done in about 45 mins. Damage... Rs. 2700. It was worth the extra for the quick.

Special thanks to Paresh!
madhav is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks