Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2009, 12:34   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Agreed, also because the 15"ers make the ride stiffer due to a lower profile. But do you also know how badly the suspension takes a beating!?
I'm sure they must take a beating but haven't seen how bad it is so far.. i did a service on my shocks the other day though - wanted to change it but gas shocks weren't readily available
Old 10th October 2009, 15:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
GTO sir thats the only way to do it. the diagonal approach

the firmer suspension set up will only make the ride suffer. but yes if you are hell bent on attacking corners in the ball park of 100kmph all the time then its a nice idea
and yes a tyre upgrade say from the normal 175/80 R13( not sure if its the right size for OHC. pardon me if its wrong!) to 185/80 R13 these tyres will increase the GC ( very slightly ) this might help!!
best way is to approach the speed breakers slowly . thats why they are kept for in the first place!! lol.

Do you know where 185/80 R13 are available?Please let me know if you know.
Old 10th October 2009, 16:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Do you know where 185/80 R13 are available?Please let me know if you know.
In Delhi you could get them at Singh motors at CR park, the shop is on block 40 main road very close to the no.1 market traffic signal. There are several other tyre shops on the opposite side of the road but they are not very reliable. I am assuming you stay at/around CR park or are familiar with the area.

If you are investing in new tyres why not upgrade to the next size. I had 195/70 or 75/R14 Michelin pilot precidas on my type1 and certis prior to those. If I remember correctly it is the same stock size used on type 1 & 2 city Vtecs. Members who have these vehicles kindly confirm the size. The advantage is that you will sort out the scraping problem and since the rolling dia is almost the same as with stocks it would not have too much effect on the odo readings. I am not sure if you would have to change the wheels though. Members please advise.

Last but not the least have the braces of your exhaust system checked to see if they have not come loose. The other reason why you might be scraping the mid section is if you are touching/stepping on your brakes once the front wheels have gone over the hump. Try rolling the entire vehicle at one go. The diagonal approach as mentioned by GTO is always recommended, not just for avoiding scrapes but also to minimize the bounce at the rear.
Old 10th October 2009, 18:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for these tyres for a mercedes could i request you to please pm me contact number if you have it on you or can get it because i stay very far away from CR park.

Thankx
Old 11th October 2009, 02:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
I am looking for these tyres for a mercedes could i request you to please pm me contact number if you have it on you or can get it because i stay very far away from CR park.

Thankx
Indrojit

I am yet a newbie and unable to access members contact details on the forum.

Anyhow if you need tires for a Merc then forget CR park and head to one of the following
BK Tyres in Lajpat Nagar I. Tel no. 29812020; 29817980 & 9810430202. They have Michelin; Pirelli; BFGoodrich; Dunlop; Maxiss; Continental; Bridgestone; Kumho & Yokohama.
Aman International at SP Mukherjee Marg, importers for DURO tel 9312504658
Mili Tyre Plaza in Karol Bagh for HANKOOK 28750920; 23961925 Sachin Chawla 9810286566
Jain Enterprises for NANKANG Tel 09814816396. These guys are advertising a 3 year unconditional warranty and 5 years manufacturing defects warranty
Trinetra Sales at Pusa road distributors for KUMHO tel 41451054; 28757713

I hope the info is of help, my personal interaction has been limited to BK tyres and I have found him to be straightforward. Rest of the sellers all claim to be direct authorized importers so bargain hard as there are no resellers inbetween. Happy Shopping!
Old 11th October 2009, 12:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for all the informations.I contacted BK tyres and he does have them.Thankx a lot again.

Regards
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks