Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2006, 23:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avigster
Hi all,
I have alrady visited Advaith hyundai multiple number of times. Despite their all efforts to reduce the belt noise, they havent been able to be successful. Finally the Services manger told me that it is just functioning as its designed. As per him fan belt would make noise every 200 KMS.
I m sick & tired to wasting my time on this car & Advaith hyundai.
My serious suggestion to everyone who is reading this is not to buy Santro Xing. I have had enough with this car & am left with no energy for that matter anymore. I feel so sinful to drive this **** now.
dude; defective belt. If i remember right there are two belts ther or 3? One for alternator or so and one for steering? Somehting like that. The story goes like this. I too had this problem with my Ist gen Santro. They replaced one belt ( as I said sont ask me which now). Still it was squecky squecky sometime later. I took the car back and they diagonsed it to anotehr belt which got lose when the other one was fitted. Change the A.S.S. guy and see. Or mail/fax teh company engg.
Old 25th May 2006, 23:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

There are some belts made which have a slightly harder compound. Oil on the belt is a temporary and bad idea. You can reduce the noise temporarily with just pouring water on the belt. The lasting solution would be to change the belt. By the way the problem is not the car, so don't take it out on the car!

Last edited by jyobeb : 25th May 2006 at 23:54.
Old 10th July 2007, 10:17   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
The manager just called up. He accepted that its a manufacturing defect. With a little use, the timing belt becomes loose and starts rubbing with the cover. He said that he had taken photographs also and will send them to hyundai as this was a defect which was supposed to have been fixed in 1998 but has reappeared in couple of cars. He will give the car tomorrow. I will never buy Hyundai car again in my life.
The problem has started occurring again. Took my car to a local trustworthy mechanic and he told me that engine bearings are making the noise. The noise does not come if I press the accelerator in neutral. He told me that it comes in almost all zens and santros. He told me to show it at the hyundai workshop and try and get it rectified for free. It comes only when the car is moving. Its like a grrr ..grr sound.
My car is 2 yrs and 7 months old and I have done a little less than 22,000 Km. Is the engine still under warranty?

Most Viewed