Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 17:41   #16
BHPian

As you said above, there is a leakage even after replacing the radiator. The leak is only after return drive back home. No leakage when engine cold. There is a small outlet kind of pipe located on the crossmember or bottom of the radiator which shows drops od spillage. Does it mean the radiator is faulty or leaky?
Old 26th July 2010, 18:33   #17
BHPian

You have blown your head gasket. Stop making unnecessary repairs and get the head gasket replaced.
Old 26th July 2010, 22:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

what is the state of temp of your engine.

Leakage from bottom of radiator means, the hose is not fitted properly.

replace the hose along with the clamp.
Old 27th July 2010, 11:33   #19
BHPian

With 100% water (tested on pure distilled water since there was total coolant leakage) the temperature rose to half and therafter the fan started.With pure undiluted coolant the temperature rose to 25% mark. Also there is no leakage if pure coolant and full AC is used.

My mechanic is reluctant to replace the thermostat switch after continously pressurising him. I have never faced any overheating problems in my Maruti 84, 92, 97, 2007, Tata Indica V2 LSi and Xeta 1.4.

There are conclusions from various online and offline sources about the head gasket been blown off. There is no acceleration loss, very good fuel returns and no such engine related problems. The pickup on AC is also very good, much better than my 2007 MPFI. I have increased the timing after I bought the car, when it was cold and started the AC to tune idle timing, changed the timing belt, water pump, oil seals and the radiator. Will get the hoses changed today or tomorrow.
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:25   #20
BHPian

MASS Kataria at Vapi, fixed the overheating problem in seconds, the distributor timing was highly advanced, adjusted and the car is perfect now. Then I searched on Google and I read articles explaining how improper ignition timing esp. on MPFI, can cause engine overheating. Thank you SirAlec for your technical support and help. Thank you All.
Old 30th November 2018, 04:42   #21
BHPian

Re: Problem in partly overhauled 5 speed maruti 800

Mod note: Post edited for readability. Typos, spelling and grammatical errors. Do review the posts thoroughly before posting in future.

Hello All,

I have a 2002 Maruti 800 5-speed and just got it serviced after a while, around 15k kms. Yes that was quite a long period without service or engine oil change. This car has done around 1,14,000 Kms. The car was in Mumbai earlier and then brought to Bangalore in 2009.

The car was serviced and was running without any issues, it had done 450 km without any issues. I had kept the car idle for a week or so, and when I recently started the car and drove around 2 km, i suddenly felt loss of engine power while driving, almost like the car wasn't accelerating. So stopped it on the side of the road to see what happened, it felt like the petrol got over although it was showing half tank full. Started it again and in 10 seconds, it started.

Reached my destination and on returning I found out that the coolant cap had blown off and the coolant was boiling. The coolant was all over the place.

Dropped the car there, waited for it too cool down and came back home.

On taking it to the Maruti Nexus service center near home at Sanjaynagar, I was advised that we could start troubleshooting by changing the engine thermostat valve (500), then the Radiator needed to be cleaned (1k) or replaced (2.5k), and if that didn't work then the head gasket (8k) needed to be replaced. Did the first two and now he says to change the head gasket. I am wondering if this is going the right way now?

Read on this post that MPFI cars need the Tech 2 test. Can you throw some light on this test and why and where I can have it done??

Also another thing I did just after service was to meet the autocop guys for a door that was not locking. While checking the autocop, he had pulled out the wires below the steering dash board and tightened them. Is there any electronics here that came loose because of which it is overheating? Also when the coolant cap blew off and the coolant overflowed, the engine heat was shown at half, which looked not so right. Especially since the coolant tank top blew off and the coolant was leaking.

I'm wondering what my options are? I do not want to spend too much but at the same time need a good mechanic who can do the diagnosis correctly.

Please help guys!

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th November 2018 at 17:57. Reason: Post edited for readability. Typos, spelling and grammatical errors. Do review the posts thoroughly before posting in future.
Old 30th November 2018, 05:46   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanscam View Post
Hello All,

I have a 2002 Maruti 800 5-speed and just got it serviced after a while, around 15k km.yes that we as s quite a long period without service or engine oil change.This has done around 1,14,000 Kms.The car was in Mumbai and then brought to Bangalore in 2009.

The car was serviced and came back without any issues.It had done 450 km successfully without any dering what my options are.I do not want to spend too much but at the same time need a good mechanic who can do the diagnosis correctly.

Please help guys!
Come to Koramangala and visit RAC Auto Care - Ranjith Auto Care. Behind Thoughtworks.
Head gasket blown means that water or coolant will get into the engine.
I think it is worth having the vehicle towed across town to get it properly diagnosed and handled by a mechanic shop that knows its business rather than go to Maruti Service because they just dont like looking after old cars.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 07:43   #23
BHPian

Can you please share their contact details with me?Also any approximate costs for the towing and the head gasket replace?
madmanscam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 09:25   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Can you please share their contact details with me?Also any approximate costs for the towing and the head gasket replace?
Just google them. Easy to find.
Towing and head gasket replacement costs etc I ve no idea. All I can say is that Ranjith is passionate about old cars and knows them inside out, being a rallyist/ racer.
He helps me look after my old 2005 Gypsy if that helps.
Old 30th November 2018, 10:04   #25
BHPian

I googled and got a landline number and it is not working.Do you have Ranjiths number.can you pm me pls
Old 30th November 2018, 16:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reached my destination and on returning I found out that the coolant cap had blown off and the coolant was boiling and the coolant was all over the place.
Was the radiator fan and the ac fan working. Kindly get these checked out. Happened to my 800 and the culprit was the fan failing.
Old 30th November 2018, 18:15   #27
BANNED

Quote:
I googled and got a landline number and it is not working.Do you have Ranjiths number.can you pm me pls
Nine eight four five three zero three one three one
Old 30th November 2018, 20:29   #28
BHPian

Mod Note: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 1st December 2018 at 09:13.
madmanscam is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks