Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2009, 11:48   #31
BANNED

You need to get this part to sort out this reverse gear issue

Name: Key Synchronizer (5 & R Hub and Sleeve Assy)
Item : MB501-17243
Picture:i10 gear stuck in reverse gear-part.jpg

Edit:- One of the International user having the repair document for the same. As soon i get in my email i'll upload the same here.

Last edited by wildon : 18th November 2009 at 11:51.
Old 18th November 2009, 12:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

As long as Hyundai acknowledge that there is a problem as fix it proactively things should be ok. But it somehow distracts from the new car experience. It would be very unfortunate if someone gets stuck in the middle of nowhere due to this.
Old 22nd November 2009, 22:13   #33
BHPian

I have a 11 months old i10 kappa. I am also now facing the reverse gear issue for last two months. It is not properly engaged. I need to pull it hard to slot it whenever I don't find space to move the car bit forward with first gear.

If I move the car bit forward with first gear and then engage the reverse, it will be fine.

My third service is due next month and I will escalate it during that time.
Old 23rd November 2009, 02:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
I have a 11 months old i10 kappa. I am also now facing the reverse gear issue for last two months. It is not properly engaged. I need to pull it hard to slot it whenever I don't find space to move the car bit forward with first gear.

If I move the car bit forward with first gear and then engage the reverse, it will be fine.

My third service is due next month and I will escalate it during that time.
I think, the problem you are having is a different one. The reverse gear after forwarding is a known issue with many cars. The problem which is being discussed here is the gear getting stuck on reverse. You'll have no other option, but to drive the car on reverse, if the problem happens.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks