Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 20:31   #1
BHPian

Hyundai accent 2001 glx engine oil consumption

hi guys, i have a hyundai accent glx 2001, which has clocked around 155000 k's on the odo. the car has a engine oil consumption problem. the car needs topping up oil(as per dipstick showing low) between 700 ml to a litre in around 1000 kms. (surprisingly the low oil level light comes on after its less by about a litre and half!!!!) i recently got the rings, piston and sleeves replaced(basically cylinder block overhaul) which costed me around 20000 and for some time it seemed ok but after about 10000 kms the problem seems to have resurfaced. also when the oil is topped to the full mark on the dipstick there is some smoke(whitish blue) from the exhaust. my mechanic says its because the the car used to consume oil hence there is some still left in the exhaust due to which the smoke is there. as for the consumption he says that the head needs to be overhauled now ( the man seems to be fleecing me). recently got a compresion test done from the hyundai guys and the compression test results were
dry: cyl1: 12.5kg/cm2
cyl2: 16.2
cyl3: 16.5
cyl 4:16.2
wet test: all cylinders showing 20.0 kg/cm2

any solution???????? as i feel this guy is just fleecing me out.
also to note is that the main engine seal had also given way and had to be replaced. now its blown again and needs replacing. what could be the problem? as i feel that my mechanic is just fleecing me. i briefly discused this in someone else's topic but dint get any solid solution.
can anyone please advie. also i'm from chandigarh so would like to know if there's any good competent mechanic for accents in chandigarh that anyones aware of.
Old 13th March 2009, 21:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

You went to the wrong mech!
Bad machining or/and bad engine assembly.
The numbers say you need new rings atleast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks