Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 18:18   #16
BHPian

Ok, I've made a booking at the ford centre for day after. I'll ask them to start with the fuel filter, if problem persists, check spark plus, clean IC valves, clean throttle body, clean injectors and if none of this works, I'll ask them to check the Ignition coil and fuel pump.

Thanks to you all, will let you know what the problem was once the issue is fixed.
Old 16th March 2009, 18:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by astleviz
When I start my ikon, there are absolutely no issues. The engine fires up on the first crank and idles smoothly as before. I slot it in first and drive off gently, it behaves normally. But when I press the accelerator a little bit more, the car starts jerking.
The infamous ikon's achilles heel! Ignition Coil!
You need a new Ford OE one. Don't get cheapo 1000 rupee chinese ones that wont last over two days.
Old 19th March 2009, 13:36   #18
BHPian

Yup, it was the ignition coil. Got it replaced at the ford center and the problem is solved. Total damage- 4570 bucks. Thanks to you all for your inputs.
Old 19th March 2009, 13:46   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astleviz View Post
Yup, it was the ignition coil. Got it replaced at the ford center and the problem is solved. Total damage- 4570 bucks. Thanks to you all for your inputs.
Nice to hear that the issue was resolved. What is the Odo reading on your car?
Old 19th March 2009, 22:23   #20
BHPian

51,000 km. About time for things to start conking off in an ikon. I wonder if I should expect the fuel pump to fail next
Old 20th March 2009, 07:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
51,000 km. About time for things to start conking off in an ikon. I wonder if I should expect the fuel pump to fail next
@52K i changed my Ignition coil due to knocking! and I'm runing @60K now, hopefully fuel pump should not fail.

After changing ignition coil i saw increase in mileage. Do you see any difference in mileage? or i'm lucky?
Old 20th March 2009, 15:36   #22
BHPian

I've not driven the car much after the IC replacement but I'll keep an eye on the FE and let you know if I see a perceptible difference.
Old 20th March 2009, 20:24   #23
BHPian

you will definitely see a mileage change after fixing your ignition coil no matter which car. the reason why it fell was because of incomplete burning of the fuel. burn as much fuel as is provided to the engine and mileage WILL go up.
Old 21st March 2009, 01:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What "all"?
I was the one who nailed it! So, send me that gift cheque!
Jk. Congrats and enjoy your 'ford of europe' car.
Old 21st March 2009, 04:48   #25
BHPian

I had a similar issue in my Baleno and it was Ignition coil. The reason was, i got it cleaned during 1 of my trip outside delhi and the damn service center sprayed diesel on the engine for so called cleaning and that's when the problem started. I read on this visit to my service center written in bold that never get your Engine Compartment cleaned with Diesel and the water spray should be precise too. So incase you did get your Engine compartment cleaned by any chance, it could be the culprit.
Old 21st March 2009, 10:30   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
What "all"?
I was the one who nailed it! So, send me that gift cheque!
Jk. Congrats and enjoy your 'ford of europe' car.
Helloooo, good morning. Please see this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I think its the ignition coil thats gone. If that is the case, be prepared to shell out around 6k at an authorised Ford service center.
Old 22nd March 2009, 17:09   #27
BHPian

Not sure about the FE yet but the car feels a lot peppier. It picks up cleanly from very low rpm without any shudder. Is that supposed to happen or is it just my imagination?
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:00   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure about the FE yet but the car feels a lot peppier. It picks up cleanly from very low rpm without any shudder. Is that supposed to happen or is it just my imagination?
YES!

previously it wouldn't be firing properly with the defective/aged coil. so incomplete combustion = below average power, jerking etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks