Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2009, 21:48   #31
BHPian

* WOW * , Thats some garage i can only dream of !

Really wish my dad was as COOL as your dad .
BTW, i'am planning on starting a small project in my sem holidays, can i contact you for some support mate ?

Cheers !
Old 29th March 2009, 22:47   #32
BHPian

lol!! well vibhu grass is always greener on the other side my! i call my dad the 'GENERAL' his word is an order and its final!
Of course you can contact me, PM me for any help you need. would be more than happy to help i know what it is like mann
Old 29th March 2009, 23:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

wow! just awesome. If you were anywhere closeby i would have joined you in servicing "our" cars.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:36   #34
BHPian

Great Workshop speedomania. Amazing collection of tools - especially the Electric Welding machine, compressor ...

Any handyman would drool over your Workshop.
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:20   #35
BHPian

A few additions and a big change!
Additions:
- Cut off tool for tubing cutting.
- pipe bender.
- angle measurer and a few other it bits, like a vernier caliper, preciser feeler gauges, etc.

Major Change:
well needed space it was a pain taking the kart out every time so decided to hang it from the ceiling!!
well bought a winch, wire rope, pulleys, chain, clamps, etc.
took a day for the guy to fix it all up! as i had to break into the plaster of the walls to reach the structural beams in the ceiling to hang the pulleys.

The winch was mounted on the wall using expansion fasteners or bolts.

The chain attached to four mounting points on the kart and were bolted together at different locations to check for CG once a suitable spot was found, it was raised to the ceiling using the wire rope and clamps, safely securing the wire and chains all together.

Then as a safety measure, i had drilled 4 expansion bolts with hook ends in four corners, i used these to hook up chains to the four corners of the kart as a safety measure.

Will post pics when I get home in the evening, was tooo tired after the whole day and cleaning up last night

P.S. Something big is coming......
I'll keep it a surprise till I have substantial progress on it. don't wprry will document it all to share with you guys!
speed0mania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:39   #36
BHPian

Wah Wah

All I can say in appreciation - to the well equipped workshop that has materialized by the virtue of raw passion for DIY is " WAH" !!

Only DIY guys can know value of such a setup.
Congrats and wish that u maintain it well and make the best use of it.

Last edited by Spark : 3rd April 2009 at 16:41.
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:55   #37
BHPian

@spark: thanks buddy!
Don't worry i sure will make verry good use of it
Old 3rd April 2009, 19:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

all the tools look brand new! that's a lot of money. any pipe bending machines? keep it up. congrats.
Old 3rd April 2009, 19:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania View Post
Don't worry i sure will make verry good use of it
Speed, mind telling us what you intend putting it to use for?
Private or semi-commercial? Can T-BHPians drop in for small jobs?
Old 3rd April 2009, 20:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, i now envy you a lot, i hoped for such a garage too but then there are other things i need to do before i can set one up. Congratulations mate, one day i hope to have a garage like yours, though i have all the basic tools i will need to only the power ones to my collection and find a suitable place like yours to set it up.

DIY slogging makes it all worth the money and effort i just know the feeling, will post the pictures of my tiny winy tool set later.

Once again a Hearty congratulations, though i envy now, this is a great inspiration for an aspirant like me.
Old 4th April 2009, 16:06   #41
BHPian

@ kutlee: bought a pipe bender the manual wheel.
@ anupmathur: T-BHP is more than welcome! anytime.
Private/personal use only, as of now, would love to make a career of it!
@ rider60: lol! mann ive learnt from my dad, if you want something really bad, theres always a way to get it and i saw that with him when he was setting up aerosports village/ microlight flyers club, in Sona, haryana and used to go there every morning 5 am and then to work at 10 am and then back to sona at 5pm and finaly back home at night, he did this everyday for 2 months and then due to political crap it got demolished just after being inaugrated by Rajiv Gandhi! this was long back, but really taught me that if you want to follow your passion just go for it don't think too much about it! sorry for going OT here.

Besta luck with your workshop whenever you get started with it, Id suggest start and pace it out won't be as much work or money upfront!
Old 23rd June 2010, 22:27   #42
BHPian

you rock!

you rock speed!
i am in delhi and would love to drop in some day... do let me know if it would be ok with you!
maybe we can have a BHPians meet somewhere; check out your garage!
congratulations! am jealous and happy for you at the same time
Old 24th May 2012, 15:49   #43
Senior - BHPian

Bench vice any one ?

Anyone has a personal bench vice ?

I am thinking to get one , any good brands with decent / basic functions in blore ?
Old 29th May 2012, 19:57   #44
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally! My Workshop at home!

I have one, but it was bought nearly 40 years ago. It has 5" jaws and weighs around 15kg

No idea of Bangalore, but in Delhi you have the Hardware Market in Old Delhi where all tools are sold. You can try online retailers.
Bench Vise

Apex Machine - Tilting & Swiveling, Milling Machine (Plain Model), Milling Machine and Unigrip Machine Supplier & Manufacturer (scroll down to the Bench Vice), prices are also given

Bench Vice, Bench Vise, Heavy Duty Bench Vice, Light Duty Bench Vise, Bench Vice Swivel Base with Anvil, Heavy Duty Bench Vise Swivel Base, Cast Iron Bench Vices, Bench Vice with Replacable Jaws, Precision Bench Vice, High Quality Bench Vice, Manufac
Old 21st February 2013, 13:12   #45
BHPian

Re: Finally! My Workshop at home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania View Post
P.S. Something big is coming......
I'll keep it a surprise till I have substantial progress on it. don't wprry will document it all to share with you guys!
Please tell us about the surprise ,its been a long time now. And do post more pictures of the workshop. Really want to see how it has come up.

Most Viewed