Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2009, 09:26   #16
BHPian

This may be due to bad quality fuel or dirt at the bottom of the fuel tank entering the fuel line (since you refilled the tank when it was almost empty).
Old 22nd August 2009, 12:04   #17
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
I could feel the jerking/knocking in 1st, 2nd, 3rd gears, felt like car might get switched off. This was not happening all the time, but it feels serious with the car jumping and all.
First off a small tip-Never run you car till the tank is almost empty. Always fill up when ther is about 3 to 4 litres in the tank.

What has happened in your case is the dirt in the bottom of the tank has entered the fuel line and the resultant poor feed to the engine is what is giving you the problems you mentioned.

Here's what I suggest, do some driving with high revving on the highway. The faster flow of fuel should clean out the clogged lines and the car should be back to normal. If the problem still persists, then get the tank emptied at a MASS and ask them to clean the fue system (injectors, lines) and the problem will be solved.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 22nd August 2009, 22:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
First off a small tip-Never run you car till the tank is almost empty. Always fill up when ther is about 3 to 4 litres in the tank.

What has happened in your case is the dirt in the bottom of the tank has entered the fuel line and the resultant poor feed to the engine is what is giving you the problems you mentioned.

Here's what I suggest, do some driving with high revving on the highway. The faster flow of fuel should clean out the clogged lines and the car should be back to normal. If the problem still persists, then get the tank emptied at a MASS and ask them to clean the fue system (injectors, lines) and the problem will be solved.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
gpa
Thanks gpa! I did some driving today but within the city. Looks like the knocking has almost gone now, but not completely.
Old 24th August 2009, 11:32   #19
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
Thanks gpa! I did some driving today but within the city. Looks like the knocking has almost gone now, but not completely.
Glad to have helped mate!

Try filling up a tank full of Shell's premium petrol, or use some normal unleaded petrol with an additive for a tank full and that should take care of the knocking.
Old 6th February 2017, 18:03   #20

Re: WagonR knocking at lower RPMs

My Wagon R had a similar problem recently. The local mechanic replaced the spark plugs, cleaned the air filter, replaced the fuel filter, no luck.

I then got it serviced at the Maruti Authroised Service Centre. They cleaned the injectors and replaced 2 Ignitor coils. That solved it. The question is why and how do these ignitor coils fail ? Is it due to washing of cars by petrol pumps under high pressure ?
Old 6th February 2017, 18:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: WagonR knocking at lower RPMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokky View Post
My Wagon R had a similar problem recently. The local mechanic replaced the spark plugs, cleaned the air filter, replaced the fuel filter, no luck.

I then got it serviced at the Maruti Authroised Service Centre. They cleaned the injectors and replaced 2 Ignitor coils. That solved it. The question is why and how do these ignitor coils fail ? Is it due to washing of cars by petrol pumps under high pressure ?
Got the below information from Google:

What can cause an ignition coil to go bad?

The top reason ignition coils fail is bad spark plugs or plug wires. Another potential cause is heat and vibration, which can damage the ignition coil's windings and insulation. If an engine is experiencing repeated coil failures, the underlying cause may be resistance from worn spark plugs or excessive spark plug gap.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks