Old 2nd September 2014, 23:33   #841
BHPian

Re: Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Congrats
I too Just picked one on 25th July.
Mine is a 220 though.
Quite a few 124's from chandigarh now;we should plan a meet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbug View Post
Congrats akshay me and gagan were talking about this let's all w124 brigade get together some day .
Congrats on the star, neat acquisitions, from what I have read here, this is among the best to come from Stuttgart, I am heavily inclined towards one but currently in no position to afford, but this star does tempt me every time I pass one though, maybe on a better day I can reach out to you guys for help.

Akshay4587, I saw your thread on your W124 and wanted to post and hence refreshed and the thread disappeared, I think it is still in the assembly line.
s_pphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 06:05   #842
BHPian

Hi All...well was dealing with an intermittent AC. Monsoons in Pune = humidity, so need for an AC! Traditional AC guy kept saying that the gas needed to be topped off. What started to happen, was the idle would drop to 250RPM and AC would cut off. Figured it was the relay or a wiring issue. Took it to my mechanic, fully expecting a new harness recommendation. Instead, he took the harness apart and found a few wires where the insulation was gone, replaced those wires and its as good as new! Idles back, AC works perfectly! Saved me a bunch of money.....till the next time! But he checked all the wires, and anything suspect was replaced. Car runs perfectly.
Old 13th September 2014, 18:02   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz220 View Post
Took it to my mechanic, fully expecting a new harness recommendation.
Hi
Can you tell me who your mechanic is?
Details and contact no?

Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 18:09   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbug View Post
Hello to all readers and contributors of this amazing thread.I have today purshased a w124 1996 model that was owned by a leading business family of Chandigarh all these years.The car is silver in colour and has done 126xxx km on the odo primarily runnin on Chandigarhroads and occsional highway jaunts , I will be sharing the pictures once i figure how to add them in the post from my mobile look forward to am amazing journey with my w124.I shall be seeking guidance from all experienced owner regualrly
regards
Dr Gurpreet
Hey Doc,
Just saw advert of your car on Chandigarh Olx; selling it within 2 weeks???
Old 19th September 2014, 10:28   #845
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Hey Doc,
Just saw advert of your car on Chandigarh Olx; selling it within 2 weeks???
Akshay how are you? I am selling it because a parking issue has cropped up we used to park our sedans in the home backyard but this is too long to go in and having parked it outside has resulted in one incident of front star nicked so it sadly has to go and shall buy a car that can be parked inside the home. I am eyeing a friend's sparingly used compressor 2007 model
regards.
hate tar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 12:27   #846
BHPian

hi everyone,
My family owns a W124 E250,off late the fused bulb warning light comes on as soon as the headlights are switched on,I've checked all the bulbs on the exterior and they all are working,but the warning light still stays on.Does that warning light mean anything else other than a fused bulb?
Also where can I get a good wiper blade for the 124?
Regards,
Abhishek3001
Old 26th September 2014, 14:36   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
hi everyone,
My family owns a W124 E250,off late the fused bulb warning light comes on as soon as the headlights are switched on,I've checked all the bulbs on the exterior and they all are working,but the warning light still stays on.Does that warning light mean anything else other than a fused bulb?
Also where can I get a good wiper blade for the 124?
Regards,
Abhishek3001
How does the headlamp switch feel? If it is spongy, it means that the switch needs to be replaced. Try fiddling with the switch a little to see if the warning light goes off.

Mumbai will be your best bet for the wiper. Go for the regular Bosch. It lasts for ages.
Viraat13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 20:59   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
How does the headlamp switch feel? If it is spongy, it means that the switch needs to be replaced. Try fiddling with the switch a little to see if the warning light goes off.

Mumbai will be your best bet for the wiper. Go for the regular Bosch. It lasts for ages.
The head light switch is fine, nothing lose and feels precise to use.
Could it be because of some interior bulbs, as a few month age the bulb which illuminates the A/C switches etc was swapped for one with higher wattage an the warning lamp has been on for about the same time and also the A/C knobs get unusually hot since the bulb has been swapped.

Regards,
Abhishek
Old 26th September 2014, 23:45   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Could it be because of some interior bulbs, as a few month age the bulb which illuminates the A/C switches etc was swapped for one with higher wattage an the warning lamp has been on for about the same time and also the A/C knobs get unusually hot since the bulb has been swapped.

Regards,
Abhishek
I had the same problem with my car, but the warning went away when high beam is switched on, every light was working fine except the standing light, so just ignored it. I would strongly recommend against using higher wattage bulbs for dashboard lights, since it has been known to melt the holders and surrounding areas. it would be better if you go back to stock wattage.
abhiram7912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 21:28   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram7912 View Post
I had the same problem with my car, but the warning went away when high beam is switched on, every light was working fine except the standing light, so just ignored it. I would strongly recommend against using higher wattage bulbs for dashboard lights, since it has been known to melt the holders and surrounding areas. it would be better if you go back to stock wattage.
Is it a diy job?What is the wattage of the stock bulb?any idea?
Old 27th September 2014, 23:33   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Is it a diy job?What is the wattage of the stock bulb?any idea?
I don't know if its a DIY, But i would just take it to a Mercedes Mechanic if there is one near by. The stock wattage of bulb is 3W.
abhiram7912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 23:36   #852
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Abhishek
Probably a wiring issue then.

You've used the non frosted bulbs. They're much brighter and much hotter than the stock frosted variety. They apparently have a special heat protection coating or something.

Quote:
Exactly what I was going to say about the knob bulbs.

Abhishek – It is a simple DIY job. Just hold the knob tight, and pull on it firmly. It'll come out. Else if you have a tiny screwdriver, there is a small hole on the side opposite to where the arrow points, on the bit that you hold to turn the knob, shove a screwdriver inside that and pull. I suggest, till the time you get the correct bulbs, it will be best to do without them.
Stock bulbs are 5W.
Viraat13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 23:50   #853
BHPian

Quote:
The stock wattage of bulb is 3W.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
it will be best to do without them.
Stock bulbs are 5W.
Hmmm... can any of you confirm whether it is 3W or 5W?
Can someone tell me where can I get a workshop/repair manual for an E250?
I looked them up on the internet and found many for the W124 but none for a W124 E250.
Thankyou guys you have been very helpful.
Cheers,
Abhishek
Old 28th September 2014, 11:24   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm... can any of you confirm whether it is 3W or 5W?
Can someone tell me where can I get a workshop/repair manual for an E250?
I looked them up on the internet and found many for the W124 but none for a W124 E250.
Thankyou guys you have been very helpful.
Cheers,
Abhishek
Might just be 3! But, when purchasing, you only need to ask for frosted dashboard bulbs. Here in the north, these are called the "milky" variety.

http://w124-zone.com/downloads/MB%20CD/W124/Main.html

This one does the job for me. It is American, so only those engines are listed, but mechanically, the OM606 is very similar to the 605 that was used in the E250D. The rest is the same.
Old 30th September 2014, 07:42   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Hi

Can you tell me who your mechanic is?

Details and contact no?

Thanks

I will try and dig up his number. The shop is called Automec and is in Viman Nagar, on the Nagar Road. Ask for Abdul.
benz220 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks