Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2009, 16:40   #46
BHPian

Do they have fully synthetic gear box oil and engine oil for Swift Diesel also?
Old 24th May 2009, 18:45   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
When did this start, which model? I thought it was 10k kms.
Baleno. 10k 20k 40k 60k.
Old 24th May 2009, 19:05   #48
BHPian

Can someone please suggest what OWS products to use on this car :-
Alto 1.1
Present ODO reading ~60K km.
Bought car when ODO reading was ~40K km.
been changing oil at 5K Km intervals. Castrol GTX. Injectors Cleaned every 10K km. Fuel filter etc is new.
My concern with using engine flush etc is that previous history of the car is not known. Last thing i want is a leaky oil seal or valves
Old 24th May 2009, 19:28   #49
BHPian

Baleno service intervals are 10k recommended. What you have described is major service intervals where every is changed, ie. fluids, spark plugs etc. Every 10k oil change is recommended and I/R most stuff.
Old 24th May 2009, 19:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Baleno service intervals are 10k recommended. What you have described is major service intervals where every is changed, ie. fluids, spark plugs etc. Every 10k oil change is recommended and I/R most stuff.
Oh, sorry, my mistake. I kept changing mineral engine oil every 5k kms and gearbox oil every 10k kms anyway, but the service advisors kept crying out that it only needed changing every 20k kms.
Old 24th May 2009, 20:03   #51
BHPian

Yes gearbox oil needs to be changed only at 20k which is what they were trying to say. Other than that 10k change is for engine oil.
Old 24th May 2009, 20:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

No, I know gear oil is 20k, they were insisting that engine oil doesn't need to be changed between 20k and 40k as well. Anyway didn't make much difference to me.
Old 25th May 2009, 13:42   #53
BHPian

Thank you everyone for your comments and feedback. OWS products help your car run the way it should. The products talk fo them selves and there is little I can say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Do they have fully synthetic gear box oil and engine oil for Swift Diesel also?
Yes Srikant, we do, please PM me for further details

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Can someone please suggest what OWS products to use on this car :-
Alto 1.1
Present ODO reading ~60K km.
Bought car when ODO reading was ~40K km.
been changing oil at 5K Km intervals. Castrol GTX. Injectors Cleaned every 10K km. Fuel filter etc is new.
My concern with using engine flush etc is that previous history of the car is not known. Last thing i want is a leaky oil seal or valves
Don't worry Arpan, unlike other engine flush available, the OWS engine flush is very SAFE and effective and will cause no harm what so ever. Vidyut form the forum uses OWS in his Alto. You could probably PM him and ask him for his opinion.
Old 25th May 2009, 14:29   #54
Senior - BHPian

Ows 210 & 360

In anticipation of a 3k kms round trip that's coming up this month-end, I had decided to prepone my Safari's 60k kms service. So Hrishi's (Hrag) post about OWS 360 came at an extremely opportune moment.

Spoke to him & thereafter to Farhan and decided to use the 360 as well as the 210 (Engine Flush). Friday was workshop day & prior to setting out from the house, offloaded the contents of two cans of 360 into the Fuel Tank (which had around 35 litres of diesel as per instructions). Started up, set out & around 8 kms later, I felt a perceptible change - the Beast felt peppier, pick up had noticeably improved & engine was running smoother. Less smoke on heavy acceleration as compared to earlier.

Reached the workshop & asked them to offload the 210 as well - engine was kept running for 20 mins with bursts of acceleration as recommended. At the end of it, the old oil was drained out.

Overall, the engine is definitely smoother & peppier than before. Thanks a ton Farhan, for taking the time out to explain how it works. This was definitely a useful treatment, more so in the light of the long & difficult trip coming up.

Last edited by suman : 25th May 2009 at 14:30.
Old 25th May 2009, 15:09   #55
Team-BHP Support

This does sound interesting. I am nearing my 50k service and would probably pamper the Swift VDI a li'l bit.

Where do I catch hold pf the products in Gurgaon ?
Old 25th May 2009, 16:08   #56
Senior - BHPian

Funny, I've been using OWS right from the initial 1000 kms first service in my accent CRDi and most of my previous cars.

Dont know what it is with other oils though!

Anyways will call Sideways for a chat!
Old 25th May 2009, 16:27   #57
Team-BHP Support

Farhan,

Is there a problem with the speedworks website. None of the links on the OWS page work in Mozilla / Chrome.
SPEED WORKS INDIA
Old 25th May 2009, 16:44   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Farhan,

Is there a problem with the speedworks website. None of the links on the OWS page work in Mozilla / Chrome.
SPEED WORKS INDIA
Sorry Eddy, we are working on that. In a week or two a revamped site + online store which is compatible with all browsers will be up.

Last edited by Sideways : 25th May 2009 at 16:45.
Old 25th May 2009, 16:48   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Farhan,

SPEED WORKS INDIA
Yes, but they do work on IE. Try it.
Old 8th June 2009, 22:30   #60
BHPian

Okay so i have done almost 33K kms on my Verna crdi.
I was not happy the way car was performing. The exhaust puffed out a cloud of black smoke on hard acceleration which was embarrasing at times.

Came across this thread and had a talk with Farhan (sideways) and Ishan (iraghava). On their recommendation, ordered the OWS 360 gas & diesel treatment. This was shipped to me directly from Speedworks in Chennai.

Poured the contents of the can along with 10-12L of diesel. An instantaneous difference could be felt in the power. The black smoke had reduced to a great extent. The car felt like new and the engine was pulling like crazy.
All in all its a great product. Worth giving a shot. Highly recommended, specially for diesels. Perfect for those who wanna pamper their cars.

Last edited by DerAlte : 23rd June 2009 at 09:14.

Most Viewed