Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 22:32   #61
BHPian

Before i go any further let me tahnk team bhp and farhaan for the incredible info provided by the team for ows products and to farhaan for the excellent support,farhaan you get a full 10/10 for the support and for taking the trouble to call up time and again to check on me using the products the right way...

Heres my experience,
I own a zen mpfi which ha clocked 59xxx kms,this car has always been a joy to ride till it went for its 53000 service to M.A.S.Smyes the messed it big time,i had requested them for a complete engine,gearbox,coolant basically all essential fliud change since i do a lot of highway travel and need the car to be in ever ready condition,however M.A.S.S did a terrible job,they filled in sum other liquid in to my gearbox,sson after the service my gears became hard and prior to this they were damn smooth,infact maruti guys called me up twice to ask if my car gears were ok after the service,this made doubt as to how come they are inquiring so much,neways fed up with the hard shifts,i approached a local trust worthy mechanic who drained the gear oil,we both were shocked as the oil was very thin and smelt weird,the mechanic said its definetly not gear oil,i changed immediately to proper gear oil and yet the damage was done,the gears were damn hard to shift and i had to literally pull each gear in to place...

My engine off late had become harsh,wouldnt pull hard,and my idling stuck at 1000rpm,the zen prevoulsly used to idle at 850/900 rpm,besides this all the fun factor disapeared from my car,even fuel efficiency went for a toss..a peculiar thing i noticed was when i used to switch on my ignition my fuel pump would make a groaning sound...

I read abt ows on this forum and desperate to get the car back to shape i decided to take the plunge,yes i was scared to invest so much and wondered if it would be worth it??I went ahead and made my purchase i ordered for
1)Engine flush.2)engine protector.3)radiator flush.4)radiator coolant.5)gear oil additive.5)ows engine oil.6)two cans of gas and diesel treatment.

First as per farhaans instrction i emptied the gas and diesel treatment cans in to my fuel tank with 20litres of fuel,started driving and yes there was a change after a day of aggressive and mild driving the car behaved much better,the idling improved,the pull seemed better,and above all the sound that came from my fuel pump disapered its back to its silent mode...

Next the radiaotr was flushed and man the amt of much that came out was like amazing,my temp needle always stayed at half mark but after the flush and new coolant its stays a little above quarter,however i had to drian this coolant as i did a mistake of not cleaning the entire system,again many thanks to farhaan to have patience to explain how to get the cooling system cleant.

Then comes in the engine flush with a 20 minute idle with burst of random accleration the oil was drianed and yes fro the oil filler cap compared to before the engine looked cleaner,i added the engine protector and the ows oil and believe me theres a remarkable change in the way she responds,way smooth and easy to rise in rpm...

the most important test for ows whther it works or not was the gearbox additive,i wanted to see if it really sorts my issue of hard gears...yes it did and my gears are butter smooth...just perfect...

I must say its worth every penny,my car behaves,idles and runs like new and this all is due toa the wonderful team bhp and ofcourse farhaan bhai...

I would highly recommend this products to all who read this..trust me it makes a hell lot of difference...the butt dyno says it all....

I wish the products were fit and safe for human consumption,am sure i would be flying just the way my car flyes now...

Again thank you farhaan for all the support,yes iam a very satisfied customer of ows products.
Old 8th June 2009, 22:36   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post

I wish the products were fit and safe for human consumption,am sure i would be flying just the way my car flyes now...
Haha, good one scorpian.
OWS products are indeed worth the penny spent. I have tried the OWS 360 and it works like a charm.
Old 9th June 2009, 00:07   #63
Team-BHP Support

Scorpion: Can you post the prices please ?
Old 9th June 2009, 00:38   #64
BHPian

Thank you Manoj and Abhinav for your kind comments. I am glad your cars are running the way they are meant to run.

Drive safe.

Cheers.
Old 9th June 2009, 01:27   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hey how come there is no OWS in the US?? Sorry
Old 13th June 2009, 20:55   #66
BHPian

Here's my OWS story

Having heard Hrishi praise the OWS 360 I gave Farhan a call to ask him If I could get a couple of bottles of the injector cleaner for me DDiS. A few days later the courier arrived containing OWS 360 and Flash Lube.

Head straight to fill up and emptied 2 bottles of 360 into a full tank of fuel and drove.

First 15 kms, engine is slightly smoother and seems more settled.
Next 15 kms, in-cabin noise is perceptibly reduced, idling is even and the engine revs freely.

Note: Most of this was in traffic so I was limited to about 2500 - 2700 revs.

Spoke to Farhan to thank him and he told me the full benefits of the injector cleaner would become apparent with running higher revs for a bit.

Next 30 kms, open her up when possible, keep it below 2200 revs at other times. The car flies, with little restraint on the rev band. The engine hums, the car glides along, redlines with ease, low-end torque is back and the "whoosh" (credit: Jaggu) starts at 1950 rpm and goes right through to 4200 rpm.

It's now 200 kms since the OWS 360 and the car behaves like a different animal. I can barely hear the engine note, clatter around 1750 rpm is down to a minimum, engine is revving free the shackles having been taken away and I'm grinning from ear to ear every time I drive the car. Start the car in the morning and she purrs. I've even been reluctant to turn on the ICE simply because the sound of that engine and the driving pleasure that it is giving me now must not be disturbed by unnecessary sounds.

Would I recommend this to other DDiS owners? YES! You don't know what you are missing.

Flash Lube, I've been told, will maintain the initial work done by the 360. 1 ml for every litre of diesel. Given the performance of the 360, I have no reason to doubt that it will live up to expectations. Once I run the car for about 200 kms on the next tank full with Flash Lube I shall certainly post my experience here.

Farhan, thank you for a terrific product. Also, thank you for a very pleasant buying experience. Needless to say, I shall get back to you for regular refills and should you introduce other products for a diesel engine, you have my number.

COMING SOON: OWS 360 in an Elantra! Stay tuned!

Cheers all!
Old 13th June 2009, 23:34   #67
BHPian

Hi I hope this does not sound too silly , but is de-carbonisation at A.S.S a better option than OWS engine flush ?

Why I ask is, I recently had a de-carb done so not sure, if I should do an Engine Flush, using OWS product and if it would help in any way at the moment

Ps: And I also use SYSTEM G, all the time. with normal IOC unleaded petrol for my OPEL CORSA, I change oil every 5K kms Castrol Magnetec . Car runs smooth , very responsive too.

Last edited by vdiatech : 13th June 2009 at 23:37.
Old 15th June 2009, 10:33   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Hey how come there is no OWS in the US?? Sorry
OWS is branded for speedworks. hence market is Indian. correct Farhaan?
Old 15th June 2009, 11:59   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
OWS is branded for speedworks. hence market is Indian. correct Farhaan?
Iceman, OWS is from Germany. They are known as OWS itself. They are also available in Australia and Singapore.

Home | News
Old 15th June 2009, 13:48   #70
BHPian

Quick update

Took the car out on Mysore road for a drive. Is the car rev happy or what! Jumps of the blocks, change from 3rd to 4th at 120 at 5100 rpm, to 5th at 160 at 5100 rpm. Holds redline with ease. Farhan, I am a happy camper all right. Thanks buddy!

Tank will be refilled today and Flash Lube will go in. Will post a review of that as well in a couple of days.

Bottomline: You have a Swift Diesel, get the OWS 360. It works.

Cheers all!
Old 15th June 2009, 14:56   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar View Post
Tank will be refilled today and Flash Lube will go in.
what is Flash Lube ? and how it is to be used ?
Old 15th June 2009, 15:05   #72
BHPian

I have Petrol 1.3 Hyundai Getz and is time for oil change. I now have mobil 1 in the car. Looking at the reviews here, I am tempted to try out OWS goodies in my car also. Can any of the members who bought all these post the prices, so that I decide whether I will be able to afford these goodies.

I am looking for the prices of the oil, additives, flush etc.
Old 16th June 2009, 11:16   #74
Senior - BHPian

thanks viddy,I knew it was german but I thought it was branded ows for speedworks..
well thanks for the info.
Old 16th June 2009, 14:33   #75
BHPian

@Sideways please update the site soon. Hearing so many of you'all praising about OWS product has got me interested in puchasing them too but i wanted to take a look at the all the product and then prepare my list but unfortunately only the home page opens up and no tabs are working on the SPEEDWORKS website. Is there an online brochure i can check out?

EDIT: Vid's linky is working, Thanks Bro!

Last edited by abhik : 16th June 2009 at 14:34.

Most Viewed