Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2009, 14:42   #76
BHPian

OWS 360 in the elantra.. 15 kms driven in traffic. got a couple of places to open up. Power drop off happens at 4700 rpm as opposed to 4400 earlier. Should be better later.

Vijay
Old 16th June 2009, 18:22   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
@Sideways please update the site soon. Hearing so many of you'all praising about OWS product has got me interested in puchasing them too but i wanted to take a look at the all the product and then prepare my list but unfortunately only the home page opens up and no tabs are working on the SPEEDWORKS website. Is there an online brochure i can check out?

EDIT: Vid's linky is working, Thanks Bro!
Website has been updated and is under trial. Will update as soon as it is online.

Thank you.
Old 22nd June 2009, 19:20   #78
Senior - BHPian

Here are my set of OWS goodies:

OWS Goodies in my baby: A pleasant change-imag0004.jpg

From left to right are:

Tectaloy Coolant
OWS 360 (x2) - Gas & diesel treatment
OWS 210 - Engine flush
OWS 220 - Engine protector
OWS 230 - Gear additive (the blue tube)
OWS Multilight 5W40 fully synthetic oil (4 liters)
Tectaloy radiator flush

These guys came in a neat box, but I think the courier people manhandled it. The radiator flush can was broken and the content spread all across the box.

OWS Goodies in my baby: A pleasant change-imag0007.jpg

Replacement on the way!

Am planning to get the works done over this weekend. Hope it goes according to plan. Fingers crossed.
Old 22nd June 2009, 20:05   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post

Attachment 151019

From left to right are:

Tectaloy Coolant
OWS 360 (x2) - Gas & diesel treatment
OWS 210 - Engine flush
OWS 220 - Engine protector
OWS 230 - Gear additive (the blue tube)
OWS Multilight 5W40 fully synthetic oil (4 liters)
Tectaloy radiator flush

These guys came in a neat box, but I think the courier people manhandled it. The radiator flush can was broken and the content spread all across the box.

Attachment 151020

Replacement on the way!

Am planning to get the works done over this weekend. Hope it goes according to plan. Fingers crossed.
Suresh, I will wait for your performance related feedback after you accomplish this task. All good luck to you

I think, as you grow up many years with your loved car (no matter what brand it is), you start falling in love with it and start taking care of it like crazy.

And a DIY always gives a pleasant experience with satisfaction guaranteed.
Old 22nd June 2009, 22:49   #80
Team-BHP Support

I got the oil change and flush done last week. The car has really transformed. Feels much more smoother and engine picks up smoothly from low revs. The driveability has become a lot better. I didn't realise I was pushing 70kmph in second gear the first few times. 3rd I crossed 110kmph easily.

I went for the 5W50 as I had a bottle left over from the Lancer. Alto takes in 2.7litres of oil. Since you put the 300ml engine protector you need only 2.4L of oil.

Unfortunately I am not able to enjoy the oil change as the service was also done and they have messed up the tune of the engine. I suspect some issue with throttle body cleaning which was done. The car is back to jerking like a horse with the AC on. Trying a few stuff to get it rectified. They will clean the plugs tomorrow and check the ignition coil. Could also be injectors getting a bit dirty. I decided to the put the fuel treatment after the jerking issue is resolved.

Let's see if I can find the cause of the jerking and fix it by this week.

Should be fun after that.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd June 2009 at 22:52.
Old 22nd June 2009, 22:55   #81
Senior - BHPian

I've seen the 4L OWS 5W40 in red metal cans.
Is this 'multilight' a different oil?
Old 23rd June 2009, 07:18   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I've seen the 4L OWS 5W40 in red metal cans.
Is this 'multilight' a different oil?
There are so many options to choose from Nitrous, make a visit to speedworks and take your pick! [color]
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:37   #83
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Suresh, a neat collection of goodies you have. Am keenly awaiting your inputs on how these have worked on the car.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:39   #84
BHPian

I have a baleno and a Vista. Baleno has done 46000kms and Vista has done 8000kms. I would be interested in using these OWS products. Kindly tell me what are the recommended products for the Baleno. Also as per the user manual for Vista - synthetic oil is not recommended. Still can I use OWS oil for my Vista and any vista owner has used this product on their car.
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:48   #85
BHPian

I did some OWS treatment on my car last weekend - A can of OWS 360 in the petrol tank with 15 liters of fuel and the OWS gearbox additive. The OWS 360 seems to have made a marked difference in the engine. Its sounds quieter and is smoother than before (have run 70 kms on it). I can't notice any significant improvement in the gearbox though. Bear in mind that I have an Aveo U-VA and it is known for its notchy gear shifts. Will see if another few hundred kilometers will make a difference.

A marked change is in the knocking tendency of my engine lately - maybe it is a combination of my recent free flow exhaust job, the OWS 360 and switch to Shell petrol! There is absolutely no knocking now.
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:59   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Suresh, a neat collection of goodies you have. Am keenly awaiting your inputs on how these have worked on the car...
Will be definitely posting a review. Waiting for the radiator flush to reach, after which I plan to book for service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post
I did some OWS treatment on my car last weekend - A can of OWS 360 in the petrol tank with 15 liters of fuel and the OWS gearbox additive...
Will be doing this treatment today or tomorrow, when the tank is half empty. Will post review.
Old 23rd June 2009, 11:24   #87
BHPian

For a new common rail diesel, will just Flashlube do or will I need to get OWS360 as well?

Flashlube Products in India

The thought is that because the car is new (Ikon TDCi done 5k kms), the injectors will not need much cleaning, it will need to be kept clean.

Also, how much does it cost? Any idea?

Just figured out that Speedworks has its office in Chennai, near thousand lights. So I think Ill pick it up from them.
Old 23rd June 2009, 11:55   #88
Senior - BHPian

Proxima,

IMHO OWS360 for your engine is too early. Let it run for another 15k or so before doing it.

OWS360 MRP is 690Rs.
Old 23rd June 2009, 11:59   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Proxima,

IMHO OWS360 for your engine is too early. Let it run for another 15k or so before doing it.

OWS360 MRP is 690Rs.
I agree. Would you recommend Flashlube?
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:14   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
I agree. Would you recommend Flashlube?
Just read thru the website and I have the same thought as said earlier - too early for your new car.

Would suggest you wait for some more time.

Most Viewed