Team-BHP - vibrations in zen 97 carb.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   vibrations in zen 97 carb. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/5776-vibrations-zen-97-carb.html)

The hood in my zen vibrates when idlelling ..when i keep the hood pressed with my hand the vibrations stop..this is happening from few days...and this problem has cropped up after my cousin used the zen to learn to drive for a few days..he was very bad at launching the car in first gear and the poor car had to face lot of jerks...what can be the problem ..before this the car was smooth when idleing...i looked under the hood for any missing rubber parts ..but couldnt find one...the hood also does not look loose ..what could have happened?? what should i get checked...what do you guys think?

heavyfoot.

Hi There,

Difficult to comment without seeing the car. Try the bonnet stting rubbers located above the headlights and see if it helps. Assuming the car has not been fidled around by anyone i dont see a problem if it was running ok first.

Viper

hey
i guess you should try getting the carb setting done like getting the timing matched may beyour engine has become slow that is why your bonnet vibrates...
does it happen when you drive?
or just wen your out of the car and the engine is switched on without the acce.??

yeah it happens with out the accelator/gas pedal depressed when the car is idleing...and when i am out of the car....and the car was perfectly fine few days back. it doesnt happen when i drive.

hey heavyfoot my car's condition is the same as yours when i start the car the engine vibrates too much but once i start driving it the vibration goes away. it must be idling problem i guess

check the engine mountings as well

hey heavyfoot tried to pm u but your mailbox is full

ok.... i had faced the same problem its common and nothing to worry about just go to ne mechanic possible and get your idle rpm set to around 1.25 and 1.50 with ac u will find no vibrations.... and if possible get your timing matched...

but dosent increasing idling give less mileage because i asked somewhere to get my car's idling increased and he told that the fe will decrease

your average will get affected but not much say if your car gives you average of 12kmpl by increasing the idle rpm it will be 11.50/11.75 wont really make much of a difference....

just check ur idle settings (with ac also), tighten the rubber stoppers for the hood and put a strip of insulation tape on the bonnet lock to make it snug fit..

assuming your engine and gear rubber mounts are of good health..

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper
Hi There,

Difficult to comment without seeing the car. Try the bonnet stting rubbers located above the headlights and see if it helps. Assuming the car has not been fidled around by anyone i dont see a problem if it was running ok first.

Viper

Viper is right. I faced the same problem. If the two rubbers are not adjusted to the same height, the hud vibrates.